Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
he Curse"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

teh

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

it's good!

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
its actually emma stone and benny safdie's

female erasure. typical bernie bro

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
too dry for me

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

you should try the hit Golden Globe winning show, The Big Bang Theory, created and produced by Chuck Lorre. Available today on CBS Plus streaming.

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
maybe I fuckin will

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Benny Safdie ftw

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Xaris posted:

its actually emma stone and benny safdie's

female erasure. typical bernie bro

Yet you erase carrie kemper

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

havent seen it and probably wont

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I haven't seen it but everyone involved is ftw so it's probably good

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Never heard of this

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lobster shirt posted:

havent seen it and probably wont

you should it rules

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Beautiful

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Why do they not just find a 5th level cleric to cast Remove Curse and solve the problem?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vbCKava_JE

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch
nathan fielder is super funny
that weird hbo show he made where hes trying to help people without letting them know is great too

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
what is good about the show?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

fosborb posted:

it's very good. best show on tv right now

if you liked Uncut Gems it has very similar unsettling-vibes energy and benny safdie slays. also if you like nathan fielder and emma stone, it's their best work.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Xaris posted:

if you like emma stone, it's their best work.

:monocle:

i loved The Rehearsal; i'll blind jump based on the people involved

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

safdie and fielder are too powerful of a combo

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

fosborb posted:

triggers the libs

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
who likes the husband

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

Xaris posted:

it's very good. best show on tv right now

if you liked Uncut Gems it has very similar unsettling-vibes energy and benny safdie slays. also if you like nathan fielder and emma stone, it's their best work.

also the show has themes about like, society

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

The tomato scene was what really won me over

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
Shout out to big pussy

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Fuligin posted:

The tomato scene was what really won me over

Cherry Tomato Boys

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
ok just saw the finale and there was a lot of stuff going on but i think a major takeaway is Official C-SPAM Thread for Discussing Nathan Fielder and Benny Safdie's "T

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
no but seriously that last episode was something else and here is my amateur analysis of it

ok so nathan's problem (floating up) is treated in a very superficial way without any considerations for the actual mechanisms that are creating his problems, like the actual problem is treated as something incidental and all of the "solutions" (like pull him down from the jewish doctor guy) are extremely superficial but no one is concerned about the actual reasons behind what is happening. which of course is exactly how white liberals treat socioeconomic problems

also i think in 100 years of solitude and another mexican magical realism short story i read had someone floating up to the ceiling happen so maybe that is also something?

but i think it's important that as soon as hes out of sight he is forgotten, just like the somalian man who is obviously living his own life and facing his own challenges but the white liberals show up with a "free" house and obviously the first concern is how the gently caress am i going to pay property taxes on a 300k home

anyway this is all super tentative and sloppy but there is a lot going on in this show and i'd like to know what others have to say

it's a good show tho

ELTON JOHN has issued a correction as of 21:04 on Jan 14, 2024

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
I'd agree with that take ELTON JOHN and only add that its punctuated by the last montage depicting the town largely remaining the same except for an advertisement for passive living homes in one of the plazas. These two white liberals believed one thing could completely transform a place with its own history, culture and issues that have gently caress all to do with them and that at most theyre minutely aware of mostly to enrich themselves and build their brand. You could argue Dougie is exploiting their "mission" but I think the show goes to lengths to say the three are equal partners. imo Whitneys line about being raised to believe in nothing underscores the whole thing - too simple solutions to make the hypothetical people theyd prefer to rent homes to more comfortable while being completely ignorant of the real people who actually live there. They live in a literal house of mirrors

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
do not discuss what happened inside the structure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
the shiting on YIMBY libs that it does is very low hanging fruit.