Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

imperiusdamian
Dec 8, 2021
In other words, we already know Luca Brecel will NOT be World Champion this year.

Question is, can Ronnie O make it a record breaking eight Crucible victories?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa
Well, he could be... but I would tend to agree, though mainly because while he is hugely talented, I'm not convinced Brecel has the consistency or the all-round game (particularly on the tactical side) to be a consistent winner of big tournaments. We'll see, I guess.

I think Ronnie definitely can win an 8th world title, and probably will, whether this year or not. His talent definitely merits it. Anyway, he smashed Murphy today, so will be in the Masters final. If he wins, he will be both the youngest and oldest winner of the tournament - inherently impressive and a real testament to his longevity.

imperiusdamian
Dec 8, 2021

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

Well, he could be... but I would tend to agree, though mainly because while he is hugely talented, I'm not convinced Brecel has the consistency or the all-round game (particularly on the tactical side) to be a consistent winner of big tournaments. We'll see, I guess.

I think Ronnie definitely can win an 8th world title, and probably will, whether this year or not. His talent definitely merits it. Anyway, he smashed Murphy today, so will be in the Masters final. If he wins, he will be both the youngest and oldest winner of the tournament - inherently impressive and a real testament to his longevity.

The fact that Ronnie is still playing at the top of his game after all these years is quite frankly incredible. I totally agree with you there, his 8th is probably inevitable. He'll probably end up another Fred Davis, still in the top 16 in his 70s...