Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Just search for the GBF soundtracks, there's a lot of good music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

some of the tracks in the game are straight up uematsu's for the record, so thats also part of it. he wasnt involved in the original game as a liveservice but he did a lot of the songs that were in it at launch. he actually makes a cameo in the game itself as a summon/npc

And yeah, Narita's basically a protege of Uematsu's. He's worked with him on some stuff, like the pre-ARR FF14 OST (most of that got thrown out with the relaunch, but some of it does get reused), or Fairy Fencer F. Uematsu felt he couldn't keep up with the workload of a live service game like Granblue, so Narita basically got put in charge.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpVxreT7NPU

also my favorite granblue song is new world order

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

a very large number of the boss themes are straight from the gacha (including I'LL SHATTER THE SKY WHEN THE LAST CHAIN BREAKS) that has just been pumping out bangers for a decade

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Fedule posted:

I've complained a lot about some parts of this game that I think are really stupid and I stand by every word of it but I was initially sold on this game by way of the style, sound, and tone, and that stuff is all a goddamn slam dunk. It was dumb that I had to grind these quests so many times but god drat, what quests they were. The dragons, and Bahamut, and whatever the gently caress the Automagod was supposed to be, were all fun as gently caress to fight, hell even Wolf and Veil wasn't so bad, the whole game is pretty as poo poo, and the soundtrack is, well, yeah.

The original name for automagods is a Japanese pun that doesn't really translate: they're kishin (war gods), except instead of being written 鬼神 like normal, it's written 機神 with the character for "machine". Also they're robots from the moon

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

My buddy and I just got to post game and it has been unable to find us anyone to play with in matchmaking. Is this a known issue? Playing in western Canada on Steam.

fadam fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Feb 20, 2024

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
On PS5/Europe I consistently had to set region matching to Any and power matching to Off in order to get matches. I don't think anyone on earth uses the play style settings.

Also about once a day it would put me in a group and then just send us on the wrong quest entirely. No idea what was up with that.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

TIL that EN Maglielle is voiced by Jimmy Neutron.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

fadam posted:

My buddy and I just got to post game and it has been unable to find us anyone to play with in matchmaking. Is this a known issue? Playing in western Canada on Steam.

A lot of people are setting their Steam download region to Japan so they can get matched with Japanese players. (Yes, the Steam version matches you based on your download region.)

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RnNLfdqFCW7zWvfHnQsNRJoi7EtIjdOUg-uYB0xsZHQ/edit#gid=1432955195

DMG calc spreadsheet w. dmg caps (for like half the chars)

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Thuryl posted:

A lot of people are setting their Steam download region to Japan so they can get matched with Japanese players. (Yes, the Steam version matches you based on your download region.)

I’ll give it a shot, ty.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

I'll say that US East is bopping pretty hard; maybe one out of every fifty times I go to start a quest I have to hit it multiple times.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
It just really depends what mission you are queueing. Some are much more popular than others. Missions related to terminus weapon grinds pop reliably. Missions that don't are still probably like 25/75 for me. I don't even bother trying to multiplayer with difficulties below Maniac personally anymore.

Kind of curious what it's going to look like in a few months once the initial wave of players are done with the game.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Yeah anything below maniac is going to be deader than it is now if things don’t change

The terminus grind kinda funnels the grind a little too hard imo; you’re going to be running Proto until you get your weapon an after that, you’re going to be mostly running the robot dragon and a narrow selection of maniac missions to get enough Fortitude crystals and drops from the purple primals without much variation

Yeah I know MH had a lot of big grind monsters like Safi’Jiva, but with 10+ weapon types with different options, you could cover a wide breadth of monsters that the player base would need to fight so things don’t get stale.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
It wouldn't be so bad if Quick Quest rewards were not so garbage and the downscaling so vicious when you're above the mission level.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
where do you get the less is more sigil? I've finished 23 of the maniac quests and haven't seen one yet

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Gotta get lucky with curios.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Obligatum VII posted:

It wouldn't be so bad if Quick Quest rewards were not so garbage and the downscaling so vicious when you're above the mission level.

god

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Aside from getting lucky with groups, what can I do to keep progressing through Proud difficulty? I have maxed out my ascension weapon, and have a bunch of level V+ or V sigils but haven't upgraded them at the blacksmith. Also focusing on damage cap, char specific stats, then defense on those sigils. Playing Ferry

Idk what to do. My teams just die a shitload on the multiple dragon fights

s1ppycup
Jul 31, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

Aside from getting lucky with groups, what can I do to keep progressing through Proud difficulty? I have maxed out my ascension weapon, and have a bunch of level V+ or V sigils but haven't upgraded them at the blacksmith. Also focusing on damage cap, char specific stats, then defense on those sigils. Playing Ferry

Idk what to do. My teams just die a shitload on the multiple dragon fights

Ferry is currently one of the weakest characters in the game -- her one niche is basically abusing the launch/slam attack to generate massive SBA gauge. That said, with the right CPU team, you shouldn't have trouble clearing almost all content in the game. Eugen and Percival are widely acknowledged to be some of the best damage dealers under AI control, so I'd work on building them unless you don't mind relying on other human players for progression.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

s1ppycup posted:

Ferry is currently one of the weakest characters in the game -- her one niche is basically abusing the launch/slam attack to generate massive SBA gauge. That said, with the right CPU team, you shouldn't have trouble clearing almost all content in the game. Eugen and Percival are widely acknowledged to be some of the best damage dealers under AI control, so I'd work on building them unless you don't mind relying on other human players for progression.

Aw drat, she's fun to play and builds up a ton of stun.

Do you mean just hitting light then jump them heavy over and over again while using a lot of SBA time sigils?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/nifinof/status/1763055022533693744

granblue is the game of all time

s1ppycup
Jul 31, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

Do you mean just hitting light then jump them heavy over and over again while using a lot of SBA time sigils?

Yeah, spamming the launch + aerial barrage attack generates a ton of gauge even without sigils, but with sigil support it's absolutely obscene. I wish I could find the YT video talking about her motion values and damage caps in depth, but something is clearly messed up.

Damone
May 3, 2009
Ferry suffers from the damage cap and her advanced stuff. Such as that her whip does more damage at the tip and the like. But all doesn't matter since you're already at the damage cap anyway.

Dendrite
Jun 17, 2005
Surprisingly uninteresting.
Started playing this on steam with a PS4 controller and it still shows me xbox button prompts. Very annoying.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
The Switch pro controller has the fun situation where you can either have the button names correct, or the button positions correct, but not both. Makes more sense as a problem than a game released on the Playstation not having Playstation prompts for PC, though.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
while some characters are weirdly weak or undertuned like ferry and siegfried, other characters are strong but in a really wonky or boring way like vaseraga and rackam. in general, though, there is no check strict enough to actually demand maximum output, it's just convenience for fast farming

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
So like, there's no quick match for Proud huh?

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
there will be when the next patch drops, people are probably just playing other games right now and making the queues slower.

it's also fight dependent. some fights are obviously quicker and easier farms than others, and will pop more

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Anora posted:

So like, there's no quick match for Proud huh?

Do you mean Quick Quest? Quick Quest only goes up to Maniac or Impossible or whatever the second-highest tier is.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
After 60 hours of Siegfried and Lancelot, and getting good sigils finally, I am finally back to the character I wanted to play in the first place: Katalina.

And boy how they made her is just flat out bizarre in this game. Now that I have my damage caps and a War Elemental, she shreds, but the Ares system just feels kinda bad. You pretty much have to face tank everything (I caved and got the stout heart sigil), hold on to some skills because you need to do skill cancelling bullshit to build meter for Ares, and even the fastest way to build meter in light of this isn’t *that* fast (plus you’re just hosed if the boss moves a couple of feet or something). And this is all a lot of effort to do okay damage in comparison to some other characters who do a fraction of the work.

Her support seems real good on paper, too bad the better effects are tied to Ares

It’s not the worst, but I do have an underlining “why did they make her like this”

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Yeah, she seems like an early concept character that never got refined enough. The movement thing isn't too bad with the charge skill and the basic loop can travel pretty far at least, but any type of phase transition is just a poo poo feeling if you don't have that one Ares insta-recharge up your sleeve. And the fact that she drops Ares during ougi is the biggest ouch of all!!!

I wanted to really play her but it just felt like a step backwards from any other face spammer like Charlotta and I saw no upside other than some periodic defensive utility. I honestly think she's one of the worst characters in the game.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

I'm pretty much committing to Char for Faa-san and all other fights until Seofon drops next month.

For everyone's information, Granblue Fantasy's 10th Anniversary Stream is going to be March 9th at 1700 JST (0800 UTC/0300 EST); they usually announce stuff for Versus during Anni streams, I'd be surprised if there wasn't some important Relink info then as well.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Been playing this game and cleared the main story so now I'm just using Ghandagoza as my main and switching the parry around as necessary. Currently in the low 60s for him and now I'm just focusing on building him to 100.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/gbf_relink_jp/status/1766422263291838465
https://twitter.com/gbf_relink_jp/status/1766423411285528952
https://twitter.com/gbf_relink_jp/status/1766423911988920638

This stuff looks great, guess I should get back in and clear off my last few Proud quests that I haven't gotten around to yet (though Unicorn Overlord is going to eat up a decent amount of gaming time too).

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

We've also got some more DLC details. Spoilered just in case.

Paid content for Wave 1 looks mostly like optional bullshit; upgrade pacs and some emotes.

We also now know what the last update wave in May is going to have, at least in part: Sandlephon.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I don't know who these characters are but they look really cool.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Azubah posted:

I don't know who these characters are but they look really cool.

Seofon is the strongest guy ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQqx0atB8Jg

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Not doubting that, he looks really cool. It looks like he has a mini knights of the round attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

no, that's GODiete. seofon is just a dweeb who's pretty strong but jobbed to mc.