Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Azubah posted:

I don't know who these characters are but they look really cool.

The Eternals are a sky faring crew composed of the ten most powerful people in the skies, formed with the intention of being so powerful as to spread peace through deterrence, prompting potential villains to decide not to conquer the world actually because this crew of anime psychos would swing by and nuke them from orbit. In practice all 10 are kind of kooks with zero social skills that rarely work together which is how you're easily able to recruit them all in the mobile game by being a generally friendly JRPG protagonist (and also strong enough to stop them from trying to kill you, and they all take their shot early after meeting you).

Seofon may very well be the strongest fighter in the setting but he's also a huge dork and nearly every interaction in the mobile game breaks down to him being incredibly awkward while trying to sound cool and everyone else, including the crew he is ostensibly leading, dunking on him. Still, a dude who essentially has Unlimited Blade Works and Stands from JoJo has a certain basic level of coolness no matter how much of a dork he is.

Tweyen is incredibly magically talented, intimidating in the way that you would find anyone who could stand in for an entire army and be a one-woman artillery battalion would be intimidating. A big chunk of her plot in the mobile game is getting her to reconnect with the one friend she ever made and getting her to realize people actually would be cool hanging out with someone who could carpet bomb an island on demand if it was required.

Fun note: the naming convention for ten eternals is that their names are literally the numbers 1 through 10; in the original Japanese they mask this a bit by having their names be numbers in a bunch of different languages, but in English localization they just obfuscate the word a bit. Seofon is meant to stand in for "seven" but in JP his name is Siete, which is the Spanish word for seven. Tweyen is "two", but in JP her name is Song, which I believe is supposed to be Thai for two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The English localization goes for the numbers in Old English, to be exact.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Seofon is implied to be the strongest single character in the setting, but creating the eternals prevented any threat from being big enough for him to tap into even half of his actual power; last anniversary event had his reverse time-paradox self contact him through a thread of possibility of futures that could've been to basically be like "You're the strongest version of me but God drat are you lazy, you smug prick"

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Seofon is a great character and I love him. Thank god he has an actual personality

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Digging the post-game stuff so far, but the only thing I actively dislike is the quick quest system making easier quests annoying instead of just letting me blitz through them to get to something that is supposed to challenge me. Makes hunting for gold badges really tedious.

Edly
Jun 1, 2007
Patch notes are up!

They include two of my most-wanted changes - Rackam's charge shot is fixed in online, and quick quest includes Proud difficulty.

Sadly, nothing about QoL for gambling sigils.

Edly fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Mar 14, 2024

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Edly posted:

Sadly, nothing about QoL for gambling sigils.

they've posted that mass sigil transmutation is in the works for a future update at least

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Those are very boring patch notes.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Rip skill cancelling into charge attacks, though I'm completely unsurprised it was fixed.

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

quote:

Adjusted the playback conditions of Gotle's voice lines when transmuting sigils.

Sugoi, sugoi!

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
I get it for Percival, but the skill canceling change removes pretty much the only interesting thing about Katalina and maybe Id, so I’m not a fan of that at all.

lol, lmao @ them breaking Ferry’s kneecaps and not even buffing her. Cool nerfs in this PvE game, no notes

New Sigils are damage cap and even more damage cap, so I guess they’re doubling down on damage cap builds at the expense of utility (plus you can’t use slime rewards to upgrade these sigils, so rip slime hunts)

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
kinda disappointing

enjoyed doing luci once but I don't see much of a reason to farm the sigils; all the farming i did previously was for this fight specifically lol

the fight itself is kind of a mess visually, they made the classic mmo blunder of purple boss with purple room and purple lighting with purple spell effects everywhere. doesn't help that there's two giant winged angel dudes floating around to force you to lock on to make poo poo easier to track, and the lock on camera is still terrible. all of that on top of the boss actually teleporting, it's too much

the patch notes are lol. fixed bugs that were good for characters, ignored bugs that were bad for characters, and did no rebalance or buffs beyond helping danchou a bit. super dope imo.

prob just wait and see what the supposed new quests in 1.3 will be

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Fight seems really bad for Vaseraga, he just teleports around/knocks you back absolutely constantly.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Fight is pretty ridiculous, a huge step up from everything else. Got a clear though after a handful of attempts and it was super fun though.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Cleared The Final Report. That was awesome.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

A Bystander posted:

Cleared The Final Report. That was awesome.

Cool

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
The fight has serious visual noise and poor color scheme choices that, particularly for people with certain kinds of color blindness, make it even more frustrating to try and parse.

Also, the constant teleporting is really miserable for any melee character who doesn't have good pursuit options. That would be less bad without the visual noise issues though.

I think it's almost a cool fight, I don't think the attacks in general or the attack patterns are bullshit as such, just the visual parsing of them. I think it's interesting that how relentless his attacks are actually makes dropping some damage (like a supplementary damage sigil) for a perfect dodge invuln extension sigil is a genuine consideration since it can help improve your uptime a lot.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
I'm finally finishing off all of the Fate Episodes. It's funny how the last fight for some of them are "go check 3 spots and fight a couple packs of regular monsters," and then others make you re-fight tough bosses but solo this time.

Nothing a few rounds of Slimepede with Rackam can't fix, I know, but the huge jump in difficulty for some of them made me laugh.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

Alright, just how rare of a drop is a Silver Wolf Clovis from "The Saga Continues: Silver"?

I'm at 19 runs without seeing one and am starting to think there is some gimmick I am missing.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Setec_Astronomy posted:

Alright, just how rare of a drop is a Silver Wolf Clovis from "The Saga Continues: Silver"?

I'm at 19 runs without seeing one and am starting to think there is some gimmick I am missing.

https://nenkai.github.io/relink-modding/resources/quest_drop_rates/#the-saga-continues-silver-406334

38% from the chest that drops it

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Setec_Astronomy posted:

I ran this for like 2 hours the other day without seeing a single one drop.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

Okay, so given that I've run this 25 times now without a drop, that's (0.62)^25 ~ 6-in-one-million bad luck? Cool, great. (I assume not every single reward actually had this particular chest, so probably not quite that bad, so probably not quite so bad, but still).

I would buy one with Gold Dahlia Badges except there is zero matchmaking for Quick Quests (presumably because I don't have Proud unlocked yet). I tried switching my region to Japan but no luck.

S.J. posted:

I ran this for like 2 hours the other day without seeing a single one drop.

I'm well over 2 hours just in in-quest time.

E: Got Quick Quest matchmaking to work eventually; farewell my Gold Dahlia badges, I barely knew ye

Setec_Astronomy fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Mar 19, 2024

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Ran online and cleared Proto Bahamut for the first time. Still need to build Rackam up so he can actually do more than the occasional defense down while the other three do the real work, but these drop rates for various items are pretty unpleasant and it kind of sucks.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

New patch notes, rip Ghanda mains.

Hopefully I'll be free enough to play again because I skipped the Lucilius patch.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Did they ever fix the problem with Steam download regions determining who you can match with? I'm trying to finish unlocking some proud quests and weapons and I'd like to be able to get gold badges from quick quests but I literally can't match with anyone.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Sword himbo is out and he's fun to play. His cape becomes a cool starfield when he summons a spirit like Katalina.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Azubah posted:

Sword himbo is out and he's fun to play. His cape becomes a cool starfield when he summons a spirit like Katalina.

His animations are fantastic.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
The endgame weapon hellgrind is preventing me from picking the game back up to try out the new stuff.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Mechafunkzilla posted:

The endgame weapon hellgrind is preventing me from picking the game back up to try out the new stuff.

Hey at least you got to that point, I quit before that because matchmaking was completely dead on Steam

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

padijun posted:

Hey at least you got to that point, I quit before that because matchmaking was completely dead on Steam

What region are you? Because I get parties consistently on basically everything still, on US.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

What region are you? Because I get parties consistently on basically everything still, on US.

I think they mean before the new patch, matchmaking was dead for me too

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007
Is it just me or is almost every character in this game has a big rear end cape on. Wish the characters got more appearance customizations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Mang Tomas posted:

Is it just me or is almost every character in this game has a big rear end cape on. Wish the characters got more appearance customizations.

yes

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'm in NA. I tried matching for the difficulty before pride a couple of weeks ago and got nothing after three tries

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

I changed regions after the new boss patch and for 2 days I couldnt get a single match for anything so I haven't picked up the game again since. Maybe I will once/if some friends pick it up (again)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mechafunkzilla posted:

I did it for all of the characters before the new ones were added (have they been added? I actually havent been keeping track and havent played in a minute), and it made me feel dead inside, but at the same time accomplished. I was glad for the challenge, but dont want to do it again.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

I said come in! posted:

I did it for all of the characters before the new ones were added (have they been added? I actually havent been keeping track and havent played in a minute), and it made me feel dead inside, but at the same time accomplished. I was glad for the challenge, but dont want to do it again.

Seofon and Tweyen have been added. Sandlephon is coming next month.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I love this game to death, but I'm baffled. Why did they decide to attach the terminus weapon grind to a fight which is functionally 80% cutscenes and turret usage and force you to farm that 100 times? Why couldn't they have put it on a more interactive fight that involved actually playing the game?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Kanos posted:

I love this game to death, but I'm baffled. Why did they decide to attach the terminus weapon grind to a fight which is functionally 80% cutscenes and turret usage and force you to farm that 100 times? Why couldn't they have put it on a more interactive fight that involved actually playing the game?

One is just that... like what you described is like 80% of farming endgame Granblue gacha. Like, that's their design philosophy.

The other is that Bahamut is lore-important so it makes sense, in their mind, to tie stuff to that. The game's original design was aimed pretty squarely at existing Granblue fans, and being able to see Skyfall or Supernova, something a deep endgame Granblue grinder has seen thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, of times in 3D was fanservice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Neito posted:

One is just that... like what you described is like 80% of farming endgame Granblue gacha. Like, that's their design philosophy.

The other is that Bahamut is lore-important so it makes sense, in their mind, to tie stuff to that. The game's original design was aimed pretty squarely at existing Granblue fans, and being able to see Skyfall or Supernova, something a deep endgame Granblue grinder has seen thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, of times in 3D was fanservice.

The problem isn't having to repetitively grind, it's having to repetitively grind a fight that doesn't involve actually playing the game for the most part.

I understand that Bahamut is a big deal for Granblue folks, but they have Bahamut Versa, who is also a Bahamut and is an infinitely better and more engaging fight mechanically, right there. They could have put Proto at the beginning of Proud and the Versa refight at the end.