Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Countblanc posted:

Who's his boyfriend, at a googling glance he just has a wife
not literal boyfriend just 'dude he has gay tension with' i apologize for leading you on

yngwie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Good enough.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Harlock posted:

Apparently Playstation and PC don't have cross-play, at least not yet. Where are most people getting it?

Enough people are getting it for PC that I'm gonna join in on that, but that's mostly going by the Goon granblue server, so it might have a bias.

If they're equivilent to you, the codes you can get from the PS version go for a good chunk of change on eBay (it's mats to 130 or 140 an eternal or fully unlock one evoker, both of which are obnoxious grinds).

eggrolled
Mar 6, 2006

If people are using the goon Granblue discord for matchmaking in Relink, someone please toss me a link and I'll pop it in the OP

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but these create/search for sessions options and expanded parameters aren't present in the Playstation version, are they?

I'd seen them in a previous video and did a casual search for the options when I played last night, but I didn't see anything beyond a "go online" option.

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023

Endorph posted:

eugen has an old man boyfriend but he isnt in the game rip

I'm entirely picking characters based on how hot they are so he's now my main.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

My hope is we get duo units so we can get Meg and Mari cause I love the arc of Mari going from background character to being a real character cause wanted her and Mari together after the first event

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

D.Fuzzbot posted:

I'm entirely picking characters based on how hot they are so he's now my main.

A timeworn tradition in Granblue, and an eternal question: Meta or Waifu?

SatoshiMiwa posted:

My hope is we get duo units so we can get Meg and Mari cause I love the arc of Mari going from background character to being a real character cause wanted her and Mari together after the first event

Shark Lesbians are the best lesbians in the game.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

D.Fuzzbot posted:

Where are the gay dilfs?

Rackam has a primal twink boyfriend

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Tempered Gay Dilf will be in the next dlc pack

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Very hard isn't exactly a wall per-se, I am not failing any of these missions. I am only getting C's on the bosses though and not sure why. Wish this game had a dps meter in the training dummy area so I could figure it out.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Failboattootoot posted:

Very hard isn't exactly a wall per-se, I am not failing any of these missions. I am only getting C's on the bosses though and not sure why. Wish this game had a dps meter in the training dummy area so I could figure it out.

The secondary objectives contribute a lot to the ranking, are you fulfilling those?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
surprised to see this is playable on steam deck, between being an online game and the high system requirements, but apparently it runs ok? https://www.dexerto.com/tech/granblue-fantasy-relink-steam-deck-2505526/

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Mechafunkzilla posted:

The secondary objectives contribute a lot to the ranking, are you fulfilling those?

No, not even close, because they're dps checks. I mean the problem is relatively obvious; the missions are 5k power and only my main is over that hump with the rest of my goons at 3k and 4k so it's time to grind.

Edit: Though also not because I can still clear, just not get decent rank.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I mean it is a Granblue game, make all your numbers go up and what not

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Oh hello, I just found this thread. I'm around 75% of the way through the story, I main Vaseraga and jesus christ he's a beast and a half lol. I also have Zeta and Ferry unlocked, though I haven't played them much yet (I probably should because Zeta's my Versus main). I've been messing around with Tank Vas and DPS Vas builds and on the training dummy with DPS Vas I was able to hit around 29k with a single charged scythe combo finisher, but it's an enmity build so I need to sit at low HP and try not to die to a random mechanic.

I probably should have picked Vane as my third character card choice so that I could have him tank as an NPC when I feel like trying out DPS Vas, but for now I usually run a tanky or more balanced build on the guy.

Also it's really fun when Vas can just no-sell mechanics.

https://i.imgur.com/jKyS0VX.mp4

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Vaseraga is one of the greats in every Granblue game, love that unkillable idiot.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
I know PS and PC can't crossplay, but I'm assuming PS4 and PS5 can play together, right?

Anyway, had some Amazon bux so I got the PS4 version. I'm not going to use the item code. What's a decent resale price for it?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I did not play any of the demo online. Dumb question but how playable is it with Randos?

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Appreciated that the first playable fates levels were just easy kill a few goons levels and then Vasagera’s was fighting two bosses by himself.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Unlucky7 posted:

I did not play any of the demo online. Dumb question but how playable is it with Randos?
about as playable as pugging stuff in any given MMO. the super hard stuff requires a bit of coordination but otherwise its manageable just with everyone running around so long as your team arent completely braindead.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Paying2Lurk posted:

I'm not going to use the item code. What's a decent resale price for it?

they're like 45-60 USD on ebay

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Endorph posted:

about as playable as pugging stuff in any given MMO. the super hard stuff requires a bit of coordination but otherwise its manageable just with everyone running around so long as your team arent completely braindead.

So basically no worse than using the Duty Finder on FF14 or pugging it in MH online, I am presuming. I can live with that.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

YES bread posted:

they're like 45-60 USD on ebay

Wow. I was thinking like $25. Now to decide if it's worth making an eBay account...

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah, they're absolutely nuts. The Versus Rising codes are also about the price of the game, roughly.

The codes give a pile of time-gated and painful to grind mats, so it's mostly a time-save. The only code that really provides something unique right now is the Luclilius GBVSR code, which gives you the mats for a raid that's not out yet.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Paying2Lurk posted:

Wow. I was thinking like $25. Now to decide if it's worth making an eBay account...
you could just post on reddit or ask in the goon granblue discord if someone wants to buy it and cut out that hassle tbh

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
jealous of the ps5 gamers who could get this game for effectively free if they sell their code, but i also assume 80% of the people preordering this are going to use the code

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

eggrolled posted:

If people are using the goon Granblue discord for matchmaking in Relink, someone please toss me a link and I'll pop it in the OP

The Goon discord is mostly for the mobage RN and the admins said that they don't really have the resources to manage a huge influx of users. I'm more than happy to help make a new one just for Relink tho.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Endorph posted:

you could just post on reddit or ask in the goon granblue discord if someone wants to buy it and cut out that hassle tbh

Nice. That's the discord linked in the mobile games forum thread right? I'll just do that.

eggrolled
Mar 6, 2006

Neito posted:

The Goon discord is mostly for the mobage RN and the admins said that they don't really have the resources to manage a huge influx of users. I'm more than happy to help make a new one just for Relink tho.

That is absolutely valid, no worries there. But yeah, since there isn't already a Relink discord set up to my knowledge, I'd be down to help/collaborate on throwing one together. I was considering making one when the demo came out but was concerned it was too early and not enough interest.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

eggrolled posted:

That is absolutely valid, no worries there. But yeah, since there isn't already a Relink discord set up to my knowledge, I'd be down to help/collaborate on throwing one together. I was considering making one when the demo came out but was concerned it was too early and not enough interest.

Lemme finish getting the basics of this one done and I'll send out a link. I'm on discord as neito.

Edit: https://discord.gg/pRBVapKRPa

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

So, am I suppose to have played the mobile game? This feels like, at least at the start, that it is referencing other Granblue games/material.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

I said come in! posted:

So, am I suppose to have played the mobile game? This feels like, at least at the start, that it is referencing other Granblue games/material.

The granblue mobile game was never officially released in west even though it has an English translation so not really.

The game has optional voiced audio scenes for each character that go through what happened previously. They also give permanent stat boosts so you are meant to listen to all of them.

WaltherFeng fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Feb 1, 2024

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i mean 'not officially released in the west' is kinda stretching it. you can just go to the website and make an account. theres literally nothing stopping you from playing the game in the west.

the game assumes some familiarity but theres a codex thing to get you up to speed and it isnt really that heavily connected to the intricacies of the plot, and theres some rando character chatter that mentions the basic premise.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I also should note that the english localization is generally very good on the mobile game (Save for some early Fate Episodes), and you can play it in any browser. It is very easy to get into.

That said, it's not terribly complicated. You have an adventurer deadbeat dad, you meet a mysterious girl (Lyria) being chased by an Evil Empire, you save her, you both decide to see the world and seek out said deadbeat dad while also protecting the girl from that empire.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah its a very stock setup. and the world is just generic fantasy but everyone is on sky islands. thre's a lot of weirdness and more elaborate stuff in the details of like, the gods and creation of the setting, but most of that was introduced later on and isnt really brought up in this from what i can see

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Jeez, saw some mixed reviews on Steam talking about performance, went to the steam forums to see what people were saying. It was a mistake. Don't go there. There's a shocking amount of (presumably) grown men complaining about not being able to get proper upskirt shots from anime children in their videogame due to WOKE CENSORSHIP.

Anyway, I'm super interested in this game but I'm probably a hundred hours away from being done with Infinite Wealth. Gonna be 3-4 weeks at least. Hopefully the MP is still active by the time I finally get around to this.

Orv
May 4, 2011
As someone who is just letting the story kind of wash over them, I'll say that on the mechanical side this game is honestly pretty good. Very satisfying combat even with just the starting crew.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ojetor posted:

Jeez, saw some mixed reviews on Steam talking about performance, went to the steam forums to see what people were saying. It was a mistake. Don't go there. There's a shocking amount of (presumably) grown men complaining about not being able to get proper upskirt shots from anime children in their videogame due to WOKE CENSORSHIP.
theres also guys screaming about LOCALIZERS because a character said 'be done in a jiffy' instead of 'i will be done in a minute.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Endorph posted:

theres also guys screaming about LOCALIZERS because a character said 'be done in a jiffy' instead of 'i will be done in a minute.'

Lmao