Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Todd Bowles.. good coach?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Eagles = Vibes bad.

Buccaneers = Vibes good.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
Wild how this year was supposed to be the year that defense struck back, and then the Cowboys and Eagles put up just absolutely putrid defensive performances in the playoffs.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Tom Tucker posted:

Can someone help me confirm my current list?

Miami Dolphins: Frauds.
Kansas City Chiefs: Frauds - temporary reprieve.
Cleveland Browns: Frauds.
Houston Texans: OK.
Buffalo Bills: Frauds, but less so.
Pittsburgh Steelers: Frauds.
Dallas Cowboys: Super Frauds.
Green Bay Packers: Good for them but probably still frauds (TBD).
Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Overperformers - precludes Fraud status.
Philadelphia Eagles: Logo appears in dictionary for word "Fraud".
LA Rams: Frauds.
Detroit Lions: We're proud of you.

By my count that's a wild card weekend with 8/12 teams being Frauds that has to be some kind of record right?
this is incorrect because everyone knew the Steelers were bad therefore it's not fraud

lmao hopefully Faulkner is either replaced in the offseason or has time to implement an actual good scheme

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I usually save frauds for teams that have everything you want but then just choose not to show up. The Cowboys and Dolphins both had complete teams on both sides of the ball with a QB and offensive and defensive playmakers. Why they just choose as a group to take a vacation week is anyone's guess.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Toaster Beef posted:

The Eagles were held aloft by dumb luck on defense and individual excellence on offense, and this collapse was telegraphed from a mile away. There's a reason fans of the team have been screaming from the rooftops about this for a few months.
I was one of those fans who didn't like things from week 1 onward, nothing quite felt right and I thought as long as they keep bullshitting wins it'll give them time to figure it out. Not only did they never figure it out, it got way worse than I could've imagined.

This was the most baffling Eagles team I've ever witnessed.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
The bills are a special exemption when they lose. It's not because they don't show up, it's because Josh is an elemental force of nature that wills both their wins and losses into existence.

Edit: whenever the bills are down in a game you must ask if it's in Josh range, but also when the bills are up you must ask the same question.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

so the other team that collapsed after starting 10-1

https://twitter.com/richcimini/status/1747258816310464674?s=46

and they were up by 10 halfway through the fourth in the next round

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Bills defense looks a little mid but the offense can be explosive enough to overcome. Not frauds

Chiefs aren’t frauds, just not amazing like in years past

Eagles were true frauds. Dolphins have been hit with terrible injuries but that offense is kind of fraudulent anyway

Cowboys? Pretty fraudulent

Rams were not frauds, the offense was legit. Just didn’t have the horses on defense this year

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Apparently I wasn't the only one thinking this last night.

https://twitter.com/BaileyCarlin/status/1747102608265785787?t=ui0HKqSe55uCdgXIPgBaDg&s=19

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Rams Lions was the only game this weekend with a less than 14 point margin of victory. A lot of funny things happened during wildcard weekend but competitive football was not one of them.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
Bills aren't frauds that's just the Josh Allen Experience. It's always a wild ride.

Cowboys feel like the biggest frauds this year, followed by Eagles and Miami.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I want the Manningcast but it's Baker and Josh Allen and they're making dick jokes and playing pranks constantly

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Bip Roberts posted:

The bills are a special exemption when they lose. It's not because they don't show up, it's because Josh is an elemental force of nature that wills both their wins and losses into existence.

Edit: whenever the bills are down in a game you must ask if it's in Josh range, but also when the bills are up you must ask the same question.
This energy is at it’s most potent in a one score game - every drop back is an infinite range of possibilities, his ability to Houdini out of bizarre circumstances means you allow yourself to hope as he runs sideline to sideline, throws across his body into triple coverage for a backbreaking INT

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Bip Roberts posted:

I usually save frauds for teams that have everything you want but then just choose not to show up. The Cowboys and Dolphins both had complete teams on both sides of the ball with a QB and offensive and defensive playmakers. Why they just choose as a group to take a vacation week is anyone's guess.

The dolphins had what

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Was about to say didnt dolphins had alot of injured players on both sides. They were pretty much limping into the playoffs

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

We're seeing posting levels here that were considered only theoretical before

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Didn't Jay Gruden get cucked by a player?

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I don't think there's a better example of a player in history who obviously had their career ruined by coaching malpractice

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

MikeCrotch posted:

I don't think there's a better example of a player in history who obviously had their career ruined by coaching malpractice

Andrew Luck?

Nov 6, 2002

That was more GM malpractice.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Trevor is certainly getting there.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

if we're nitpicking then RGIII's career starts at Ownership Malpractice

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

MJeff posted:

If you're putting Trevor there, then Herbert is there too

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

a neat cape posted:

That's more in the Romo vein of consistently high QB play and a bottom 3rd of the league defenses for 10 years straight

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

The337th posted:

if we're nitpicking then RGIII's career starts at Ownership Malpractice

He got hurt the first time because the owner just had to have a concert on the field before the playoff game right

Risking your most valuable asset and the hope of your franchise for one concert (you could delay to a later date)

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Diva Cupcake posted:

That's more in the Romo vein of consistently high QB play and a bottom 3rd of the league defenses for 10 years straight

Fair. Still coaching failure, just in a different way

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

You can make this argument for about anyone who fails I think. I mean there were issues involved but I'd say coaching and ownership combined certainly didn't help to put Jamarcus Russell in a good spot. Mostly he didn't care, but he had no reason to want to care either.

But yeah, Luck is the one who got away from a possible hall of fame career because of complete incompetence up and down the board.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Little excuse but the Browns lost both starting tackles, their RB, their QB, and had numerous other injuries this year. I think over performed is appropriate.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

This man basically put on clown make up

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

You can make this argument for about anyone who fails I think. I mean there were issues involved but I'd say coaching and ownership combined certainly didn't help to put Jamarcus Russell in a good spot. Mostly he didn't care, but he had no reason to want to care either.

But yeah, Luck is the one who got away from a possible hall of fame career because of complete incompetence up and down the board.

I feel like Alex Smith in the beginning of his career is up there too

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gatts posted:

Little excuse but the Browns lost both starting tackles, their RB, their QB, and had numerous other injuries this year. I think over performed is appropriate.

Kind of addition by subtraction with the QB.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

MJeff posted:

Is just not being that good now considered coaching malpractice?

Nov 6, 2002

yeah, poor mac jones!!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

yeah, poor mac jones!!

He counts in this discussion too. Not in a would have been awesome way, but he counts.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, like could Mac have reached the lofty heights of Ryan Tannehill? Yeah probably.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Everyone who is not providing a Niners or Eagles team to surround their young QB is committing malpractice!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Papercut posted:

Is just not being that good now considered coaching malpractice?
If Urban Meyer as his coach as a rookie wasnt malpractice, I dont know what is.

This year the malpractice was terrible offensive playcalling, especially a tendency to completely abandon the run even with a lead.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Diva Cupcake posted:

Everyone who is not providing a Niners or Eagles team to surround their young QB is committing malpractice!

He can we be sure passes ten yards over a receivers head wouldn’t have been receptions with better receivers and offensive line play?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Diva Cupcake posted:

I mean I just want to say, don't give your young QB Matt Patricia as a coach.

Look at what he just did to said Eagles!