Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

solarjetman posted:

There's no way Matt Patricia should ever coach in the NFL again after this season, but I'm sure he will.

Saying his name now hurts an additional fanbase

Hes a rapist and is garbage at his only job. gently caress him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigchops
Mar 13, 2005
Biggus Choppus

Anyone catch Mr. Ballsdeep?

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow

wandler20 posted:

Looks like Jason Kelces last game.

i need to get a kelce jersey while i still can.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Steelers/Bills was so boring it didn’t get a single mention in this thread. Should’ve made ‘em play in the blizzard.

Imagine around week 10 hearing that the Cowboys and Eagles would win a combined zero playoff games, lol.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Blind Pineapple posted:

Steelers/Bills was so boring it didn’t get a single mention in this thread. Should’ve made ‘em play in the blizzard.

I'm convinced that the world needs a Niners-Bills Super Bowl. It was supposed to happen in the '90s but something went wrong and having one now is the only way to reset the timeline.

quote:

Imagine around week 10 hearing that the Cowboys and Eagles would win a combined zero playoff games, lol.

I would've believed it.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I would've believed it.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I feel compelled to point out that you can right now get Chiefs money line at plus odds

Do I believe in this Chiefs team at all? No. Do I believe in the Buffallo Bills to win an important football game? Also no!

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the nfc east does not deserve to exist

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Docjowles posted:

I feel compelled to point out that you can right now get Chiefs money line at plus odds

Do I believe in this Chiefs team at all? No. Do I believe in the Buffallo Bills to win an important football game? Also no!

completely ignorant moron: durrr doesnt this mean we shouldnt bet money on the game at all

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Nothing makes me happier than the nfc east getting bodied out of the playoffs

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

AndrewP posted:

you know who the Eagles could probably use? Kyle Hamilton. but only an idiot would draft a safety in the first round

I remember I was mad at this pick because I thought we had too much secondary already. Then people told me in here he would be the best at his position in a very short time and after he seemed to struggle early I didn't believe them. But then I saw him in the Bucs game last year effortlessly swat away a ball on perfect pass defense and was like man this guy is actually really good I think and now he's one of the most valuable players we have and maybe the most valuable on our defense. He's really not just a safety is the thing.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Jan 16, 2024

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Baker rules and the Browns would be in a better position for success if they kept him and paid him $Dak for 4-5 years.

This was a great weekend in The Browns Are loving Idiots and I’m glad for it. gently caress that team I hope Baker remains their only playoff win forever.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
The Eagles died in truth in the 49ers game and died symbolically when the Bucs stopped the tush push

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Lmao at all the "ban the tush push" arguments and "the Eagles basically start on 1st & 8 every drive"

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

https://x.com/farabaughfb/status/1747115908558925929?s=46&t=mz80adQQW7VaC0d4GS4f3Q

“We’ve tried nothing, and we’re all out of ideas!”

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Eagles collapse was so bad they can be compared to the panthers.

https://x.com/1pantherplace/status/1747238090035331546?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

I'm convinced that the world needs a Niners-Bills Super Bowl. It was supposed to happen in the '90s but something went wrong and having one now is the only way to reset the timeline.

I would've believed it.

Yeah, the Giants defense ended Joe Montanas 49ers career and Steve Young and Rodger Craig couldn’t run out the clock with the lead and under 3 mins to go. Fumbled the ball directly to LT.

It was glorious. In the immortal words of Pat Summeral “There will be no three-pete!”

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

fire Matt Patricia yesterday

e: also fire whoever hired him, and fire whoever promoted him

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

CapnAndy posted:

I really hope not. I said this in the NFCE thread too, nobody deserves to go out like this, but especially not him.

https://x.com/adamschefter/status/1747236250736595250?s=46&t=I-gsjpvNkUNcOBofs8OOkQ

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

AndrewP posted:

you know who the Eagles could probably use? Kyle Hamilton. but only an idiot would draft a safety in the first round

Hell, they could have drafted Brian Branch at #30 but decided that going 'Oops! All Georgia' was too good a meme to pass up

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
edit - Re: Jason Kelce retiring.

I feel like that was pretty obvious just based on looking at him walk off the field. Dude's just done with it.

Q_res fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Jan 16, 2024

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhIFNxEz1qc

thank you, king

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

pmchem posted:

fire Matt Patricia yesterday

e: also fire whoever hired him, and fire whoever promoted him

Eagles clean house

Hire Belichick to right the ship

we all know where this is going

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

That no punt game in 92 is still one of the most fun games I've ever watched.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Can someone help me confirm my current list?

Miami Dolphins: Frauds.
Kansas City Chiefs: Frauds - temporary reprieve.
Cleveland Browns: Frauds.
Houston Texans: OK.
Buffalo Bills: Frauds, but less so.
Pittsburgh Steelers: Frauds.
Dallas Cowboys: Super Frauds.
Green Bay Packers: Good for them but probably still frauds (TBD).
Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Overperformers - precludes Fraud status.
Philadelphia Eagles: Logo appears in dictionary for word "Fraud".
LA Rams: Frauds.
Detroit Lions: We're proud of you.

By my count that's a wild card weekend with 8/12 teams being Frauds that has to be some kind of record right?

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

shirts and skins posted:

The Eagles died in truth in the 49ers game and died symbolically when the Bucs stopped the tush push

Who'd have thought the secret to stopping the tush push was "have Vita Vea"?

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

If everyone expected a team to hilariously implode, are they really frauds at all? They're matching expectations perfectly!

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Rams aren't frauds they weren't supposed to be good this year. Honestly this year is a shining example of Sean McVay being an insane football savant given he made the playoffs with Stafford, Donald, Nakua, Williams and 49 random guys

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

They did get a gift when Taron Johnson went out and was replaced by Cam Lewis. The last third of the game had free 10-15 yard completions there for the taking.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I think Miami has injury exception overall. Although I do sort of think Tua is a fraud.

Steelers aren't frauds. All year they've been an average team that's very difficult to put away. Got better on offense after getting rid of Canada and benching Pickett. They were missing their top defensive player for this playoff game.

Packers? Not frauds. Love seems to have come into his own.

Browns? Hard to say because of the QB situation having a guy come from sort of retirement. Garrett lingering injury messed up their defense.

Cowboys? Yes frauds especially Daron Bland.

Eagles? Yes frauds.

Rams? Not frauds, pretty good just got beat on the road one point by another very good team.

Tampa? Not frauds, about what they are.

Chiefs? I'd say not frauds. #3 seed about right for them. Main issue is Kelce starting to get up there. Nearing the dreaded 35.

Bills? Maybe slightly fraudulent and often very dumb. But still very good and can win any game.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Black Lighter posted:

Hell, they could have drafted Brian Branch at #30 but decided that going 'Oops! All Georgia' was too good a meme to pass up

Wasn't even a meme. People legitimately thought All Georgia was Howie doing amazing things and how could the league keep letting him get away with this?!?

Nakobe Dean is perpetually injured and Nolan Smith contributed zip this year.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Howie is really good with the numbers, which helps with signing free agents (proven commodities) and retaining talent through restructuring (again, proven commodities), but his drafting is mid

shyduck fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jan 16, 2024

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Howie tried to min-max the defense

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
Baldinger not mincing words. https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1747252700595523679

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

MikeCrotch posted:

Rams aren't frauds they weren't supposed to be good this year. Honestly this year is a shining example of Sean McVay being an insane football savant given he made the playoffs with Stafford, Donald, Nakua, Williams and 49 random guys

Further to that;

Stafford: Continually playing with some version of being broken, some talk of maybe trading him
Donald: Could have retired the year before
Williams: Returning from a bad injury, missed time injured again
Nakua: 5th round rookie

The Lions are the story of this years play-offs but if the Rams had won this weekend it would have been them.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Reminds me of Ravens @ Dolphins in ‘21

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
There are no perfect teams in the NFL. For all that wanted parity in the league, this is what it looks like in the playoffs.

Ravens & 49'ers were definitely the cream of the crop. Fraud status uncertain until next weekend.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

The Eagles were held aloft by dumb luck on defense and individual excellence on offense, and this collapse was telegraphed from a mile away. There's a reason fans of the team have been screaming from the rooftops about this for a few months.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
https://x.com/rgiii/status/1747105169018404916?s=46

RGIII a true poster

Follow up:

https://x.com/rgiii/status/1747112620383961579?s=46

Stunt Rock fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jan 16, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009