Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
ROLL CALL OF CURRENT CHAMPIONS

World Champion: Moose
Even before he joined forces with Brian Myers and the Edwards, I expected Moose to beat Alex Shelly and win the title. It was time. We've already got an immediate challenger in Nic Nemeth for Moose to get through while building up the next legitimate challenger.

Tag Team Champions: The ABC
Bullet Club's representatives in TNA are still champions, having successfully defended the titles in a four-way. Of course, Trent Seven didn't make it to Hard to Kill due to flights getting delayed because of winter storms, so there's an opening for Speedball Mountain to get a one-on-one match with Austin & Bey. Don't forget the Time Splitters, either....

X Division Champion: Chris Sabin
Twenty years on, Sabin is STILL the standard-bearer in the X Division. That's pretty crazy. Anyway, I'd suspect Eddie Edwards (a former X Division Champion) gets a bump from the System being formed and gets a title shot sooner rather than later.

Knockouts World Champion: Jordynne Grace
Considering Trinity is expected back in WWE very soon, it was patently obvious that she was dropping the title ASAP. Grace is also not a bad choice for champion! With Gisele Shaw winning Ultimate X51, we have a program.

Knockouts World Tag Team Champions: Decay
:ghost: Spooooooooky! Rosemary and Havok have reverted to their non-civilian gimmicks and won the tag titles from MKUltra. We'll see who is next for them, because I'm drawing a blank at the moment.

Digital Media Champion: Crazzy Steve
Hey, at least Tommy Dreamer isn't wrestling anymore.

NEXT PAY-PER-VIEW EVENT: Rebellion
April 20th from Las Vegas (again)

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Feb 9, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I just can’t believe in a company with Josh Alexander and Speedball, they gave the title to Moose for the fiftieth time

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

I just can’t believe in a company with Josh Alexander and Speedball, they gave the title to Moose for the fiftieth time

TNA
TNA
TNA

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I think Speedball's winning at some point this year, just not this soon
Josh I don't want winning it again for a while, his run was dominant and he cleared out the division/beat everyone but Shelley

I think Moose was the right call, and I'm happy about everything on the show that happened except Top Dolla showing up; if he's not a long-term/full-time signing I'm whatever about it. The pop for Nemeth was legit impressive, wonder if it'd been louder if he hadn't shown up at the Dome first

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

I really want to see Nic beat Moose's rear end now, and I would care much less about a heel Nic going after Shelley. That call made sense to me. Also I like Moose's in-ring snugness.

Also I still remember Dana / Ash tweeting about wanting to actually wrestle more so I'm curious to see what she does when actually given the opportunity.

In other news, Xia signed a 3 year deal with TNA.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Moose is perfect in his role as a big bully. He's physically large enough to push around smaller wrestlers, but not too big that he can't move. Not to mention, he's also pretty good in the ring (I remember non-TNA watchers being shocked how good he was when he wrestled Ishii at a New Japan show).

Also!

https://twitter.com/JoelPearl/status/1746683903363195214

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Yes Moose sure is awesome

On May 29, 2009, he was arrested for domestic battery in Gwinnett County, Georgia, after he allegedly struck and spat at his wife during an argument over a female friend of his on Facebook, according to a police report. He told police that his wife had tried to stab him with a pen, and she said he threw her on some stairs before tossing her out of the house.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/meraWRESTLING/status/1746811010260877726?s=20

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

lomzus posted:

Yes Moose sure is awesome

On May 29, 2009, he was arrested for domestic battery in Gwinnett County, Georgia, after he allegedly struck and spat at his wife during an argument over a female friend of his on Facebook, according to a police report. He told police that his wife had tried to stab him with a pen, and she said he threw her on some stairs before tossing her out of the house.

A case that was handled by courts and as far as I remember when I looked into it before, he did everything that was expected of him in the aftermath (including therapy). Do I wanna hang out with the guy? No, but I am willing to believe he has learned from his mistakes.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
I thought Hard to Kill was solid overall with a few really good matches and I'll try to keep up with at least the PPVs moving forward.

The weird medical sponsorships seem really low rent, though. If you're going to do that at least get the wrestlers to cut promos about knee braces like ROH used to do.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

I’m getting pulled into the impact zone

ZHamburglar
Aug 24, 2006
I have a penis.
What does this mean for Vikingo in AEW with the announcement of TNA and AAA? If AEW loses Vikingo then I'm going to burn TNA to the ground.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

AAA has done joint shows with MLW, Dragongate and the NWA while having their guys on AEW with no issue.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah, if he stops appearing on AEW it’s because either he wanted that or AEW wanted that

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Everyone's friendly with one another, AFAIK. The only reason I could see El Hijo del Vikingo stop doing the occasional AEW date is if AEW and AAA break their partnership for CMLL reasons.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

DLC Inc posted:

i can

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Josh Alexander will Finish The Story by beating Moose for the title and then holding it until he (Alexander) retires :hai:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Moose sucks butt and they really need to figure out better top heels than him

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.instagram.com/p/C2LuQ7oOnc4/?hl=en&img_index=1

Alex Shelley posted:

It’s pretty ironic that I lose my @impactwrestling World Title to @moosenation69 the day before @rainmakerxokada returns to TNA. Kazuchika and I have known each other since the first photo here was taken in 2006.

Four years after that, he came to TNA on excursion for exactly 22 months. I remember the first time we shared a hotel room - we stayed up way too late playing GTA and talking about Final Fantasy. He got his own apartment and every week I would stay with him. We were two young wrestlers who wanted to make their marks on the industry but felt stuck; so we studied, trained, and tried to survive, emotionally, mentally.

When this happens? It’s so hard to continue to love wrestling. It’s like a date that saw you enamored with their charm and beauty whereas they see you as someone who’s really nice. We had so many matches, meals, laughs, and video game sessions together.

He stayed with my family during Thanksgiving and when we said goodbye at the airport, before he went back to Japan, we both teared up because we didn’t know if we’d ever really see each other again. As soon as he got home, he sent me the original Rainmaker costume designs and we talked about it as if it were a Japanese Razor Ramon. I suggested the money drop from the ceiling if he gets the chance, and he told me about the name coming from a film Gedo San liked.

Record scratch here, years later, he’s the greatest wrestler of all time (hate to say I told you so) and I have taken the STRANGEST but most PUNK ROCK route to becoming a champion and Chris Sabin is, was, always will be the underrated GOAT: three guys that, 14 years ago, sat backstage watching monitors with @nickjackson, @mattjackson13 and @sensationalamazingred just wanting to wrestle our styles, our ways, finally getting to do so in the main event of a TNA ring while fans chanted one of my best friend’s name.

So yeah, I lost. But life is a journey, and I know in the past two years that I have helped rebuild this place and that I have given it my heart and I loving hope it’s better than it was before I came back. Everything I had. So much so that Kazuchika actually came back to see me in that ring. I’m not crying, you’re crying.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

TNA feels like it’s the mirror universe or something. Something uncanny about it

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

If AEW is the Sega promotion, then TNA is the TurboGrafx-16 promotion.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

MancXVI posted:

If AEW is the Sega promotion, then TNA is the TurboGrafx-16 promotion.

No it isn’t because the PC Engine actually ruled

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah original version of TNA is more Atari Jaguar than TG-16/PC Engine

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Yeah original version of TNA is more Atari Jaguar than TG-16/PC Engine

I was thinking Neo Geo. But Neo Geo ruled too.

TNA is the 32x maybe? Phillips CD-i? Those tiger electronic handhelds?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

tna will not die and just seems to find support when by all logic any of their market share should have dried up by now. yet, they persist.

tna is the brazilian master system by tec toy.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

:siren: A reminder that you have until midnight on January 24th to get in your Top Ten Lists for this year's Top Ten Favorite Wrestlers of the Year Thread. :siren:

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

https://x.com/OoooYeeeah/status/1748316744081400223?s=20

In sadder news, KiLynn King is out for the next 9 to 12 months with a knee injury.

Next week is shaping up nicely tho:

https://x.com/ThisIsTNA/status/1748418977779396798?s=20

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

J-Ro posted:

In sadder news, KiLynn King is out for the next 9 to 12 months with a knee injury.

This was one of those random accident ones, she jumped off the post and it gave out when she landed. Until yesterday, the only hints were Mayhem on Mills announcing crowning a new champion at the next show and her absence from last night's TNA taping.

MancXVI fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jan 21, 2024

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
The Ospreay/Alexander match from TNA Impact is on NJPW World and it was very good. Scott D’amore’s promo afterwards felt a little forced though.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

fart blood posted:

The Ospreay/Alexander match from TNA Impact is on NJPW World and it was very good. Scott D’amore’s promo afterwards felt a little forced though.

Ospreay/Alexander II is also on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvEYzSDjUdU

For reference:

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1748587155872763946

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hey all, I extended the deadline for submissions for The Top Ten Active Wrestlers of 2023 Thread, please pop by and add in a Top Ten before midnight Eastern of Friday, January 26th!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave says Hard To Kill did great, early numbers are around 8000 buys. Biggest number they've done since Kenny Omega/Rich Swann, at least the third-biggest (final count could raise it to 2nd-biggest) since the Spike TV days. And this is with it competing against an NFL playoff game (Chiefs/Dolphins) and the first hour of Okada and Ospreay's final New Japan PPV

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Chris James 2 posted:

Dave says Hard To Kill did great, early numbers are around 8000 buys. Biggest number they've done since Kenny Omega/Rich Swann, at least the third-biggest (final count could raise it to 2nd-biggest) since the Spike TV days. And this is with it competing against an NFL playoff game (Chiefs/Dolphins) and the first hour of Okada and Ospreay's final New Japan PPV

Those are just the regular PPV buys too, no streaming included.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Good for them, I know Hard to Kill actually gave me an itch to check out TNA.

So I got a TNA+ sub, it's only $10 for the month, I've started watching TNA, from the beginning.

I'm up to, on the app it's #13 but they have a X-division clip show as #12 so in reality up to episode 12 of NWA-TNA.

So far I think Jerry Lynn, amazing red, and AJ are great.

Everything else on the other hand :negative:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Miching Mallecho posted:

Good for them, I know Hard to Kill actually gave me an itch to check out TNA.

So I got a TNA+ sub, it's only $10 for the month, I've started watching TNA, from the beginning.

I'm up to, on the app it's #13 but they have a X-division clip show as #12 so in reality up to episode 12 of NWA-TNA.

So far I think Jerry Lynn, amazing red, and AJ are great.

Everything else on the other hand :negative:

Watching the Asylum years....you're a a braver man than I.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

There are some really cool things on the Asylum shows, but yeah, a lot of it was bad back then and aged even worse.
Like seeing a pre-Mickie James era Alexis Laree having a banger of a match with (OG) Trinity for instance, or Ron Killings the NWA champ - that stuff rules.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Personally, I would skip to 2004 in the Asylum years if you want to see the good old days. At that point, Vince Russo was gone and they were finding their footing as a promotion.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

with tna you're probably better off piecemealing good matches than trying to watch weekly. it is really unwatchable until about 05 and even then it barely approaches that level.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Edward Mass posted:

Personally, I would skip to 2004 in the Asylum years if you want to see the good old days. At that point, Vince Russo was gone and they were finding their footing as a promotion.

Why would you want to skip peak Erik Watts years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

with tna you're probably better off piecemealing good matches than trying to watch weekly. it is really unwatchable until about 05 and even then it barely approaches that level.

Yeah, late 2002 to mid 2003 is funny because of SEX, then late 2003-mid 2004 is so completely boring. Late 2004 is kind of bad, but also kind of good starting with Turning Point and the cage match. Early 2005 is half good half bad, and then mid 2005-mid 2006 is great, especially the summer of 2005 in between Jarrett reigns.