Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They confirmed Mustafa/Sabin is main event. Pretty sweet if he’s winning the belt there like I expect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Ganso Bomb posted:

Huh. It is only $10. Maybe I’ll give it a shot if we don’t find anything else to watch tonight, though I think Friday is usually Drag Race night. Tough call.

its $5 on the youtube sub thing

i didnt realize this was tn i thought it was tomorrow lol if the show is pretty good, ill be happy, if i get to witness the return of LOLTNA live, ill be thrilled

Chris James 2 posted:

They confirmed Mustafa/Sabin is main event. Pretty sweet if he’s winning the belt there like I expect

that match is gonna be sicknasty, cant wait

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
how long has EY been doing this MF DOOM tribute

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Barry Bluejeans posted:

how long has EY been doing this MF DOOM tribute

EY's next gimmick should be being one of the people from Tom Goes To The Mayor

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
hey hey hey hey turn around, turn around I gotta hit you

e; lol that movie looks loving terrible

Barry Bluejeans fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Feb 24, 2024

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i love the TNA D-movie ads, i love them so much

e: oh gently caress yeah its PCO and KON time

e2: dammit its not PCO and KON time

shiksa fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Feb 24, 2024

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Now it's PCO and KON time. I enjoyed that ABC / GYV match a bunch.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

wait that gong is the ring bell?? lmao hell yeah chuck that timekeeper

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
will somebody please stop hitting that pot

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhe3vSe-mmw

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Just remembered no surrender was on...TOP DOLLA?!
:wtc: didn't know he was here

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

oh thank god i couldnt hear a word of that top dolla promo because he never learned how to project

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Top Lollla

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

Wait, hold up.

So it's a no surrender match and your corner people have to throw in the towel for you to lose, I get that.

What I just didn't understand is, it's no DQ but the corner people can't interfere...? :psyduck:

edit: AHHHH THE TURNBUCKLE twisting the fingers

Edit: eh. I'd give that ** , felt like it never really picked up. Is that usually how a moose match goes, in terms of speed

Miching Mallecho fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Feb 24, 2024

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
wtf was that ending

I was actually enjoying it quite a bit until Kushida just shrugged and gave up

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

that spinny thing gisele shaw just did looked like a tjpw spot recreated in garry's mod

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:golfclap:

Very nice Spanish fly

Also

:stonk: owwwww

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

that ending sequence was sick, pretty great match overall

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Jordynne owns. Gisele owns.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
that was great! I'm ashamed to admit that I've seen very little of either woman so this was a real treat

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Barry Bluejeans posted:

that was great! I'm ashamed to admit that I've seen very little of either woman so this was a real treat

ive seen plenty of jordynne but not much of gisele, ill admit i was kind of not expecting so much out of her based on like, the whole "diva" gimmick and stable of goons and such but yeah, theyre both great, great chemistry, good stuff.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

What's mustafa's gimmick now?

Is he the president of wrestling?

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Miching Mallecho posted:

from the look of his gear, some sort of third-rate genie

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Miching Mallecho posted:

No, that's Phil Stamper. Ali is running for President of Wrestling. :science:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Miching Mallecho posted:

He is doing the really bad campaign gimmick that wrestlers love to do and is just bad.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

He is doing the really bad campaign gimmick that wrestlers love to do and is just bad.

Yeah I don't really remember any campaign gimmick that has ever been good.

Also

Jesus Christ that sliding turnbuckle spot Ali did :stonk:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

that sunset flip bomb was fuckin nasty

go ali

well that certainly was a show, some of it was pretty dang good, some of it was whatever, thats wrestling babey

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hell yeah Mustafa :woop:

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Ali working heel in front of a crowd firmly on his side kind of undercut that match imo. Cool ending tho

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I was expecting Alex Shelly to turn heel on Sabin, cool that the finish was clean.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Fightful posted:

TNA held a meeting with talent and some of the new bosses within the company, and we've gained some reactions from it.

Fightful was told that the meeting was planned out well ahead of time, and featured some of the bosses within the company both familiar and ones the talent will be answering to now. Some talent had spoken with higher ups individually as well.

The general feeling was that nobody wanted the roster to abandon the hard work they've done as a group, even if they don't agree with the decision to replace Scott D'Amore. We're told that there was one top name in TNA that was looking to leave the company, and decided to ride it out after the weekend's tapings and seeing how the meeting went.

We're told that the new higher ups were open to feedback from the roster as well. Several wrestlers said that while they didn't agree with the decision, the meeting did a good job getting them excited for the possibilities of TNA moving forward.

Scott D'Amore is not expected to rejoin the company, although many on the roster are still hoping for it

I'd be shocked if the top name wasn't Josh, given everything

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

every time poo poo happens with tna business dealings I'm like how could anyone be excited about being part of tna going forward regardless

then they somehow limp along for another 10 years paying stupid money to some of their wrestlers and I just think 'good for the ones getting paid'

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave says they plan to do live Impacts eventually in one location. It's not a new plan, D'Amore had been scouting Full Sail, which has some savings benefits (students could work production and fill audience)

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.
Being live ain't gonna do poo poo when you are on AXS and also you are TNA. Penny wise pound foolish.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Chris James 2 posted:

Dave says they plan to do live Impacts eventually in one location. It's not a new plan, D'Amore had been scouting Full Sail, which has some savings benefits (students could work production and fill audience)

awesome, I'm sure there won't be any consequences from filling production spots with poorly-trained undergrads and seats with bored teenagers

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I guess the question should be asked, then: if you don't watch Impact, what would get you to start?

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Edward Mass posted:

I guess the question should be asked, then: if you don't watch Impact, what would get you to start?
They were on the right track. Good wrestling, exclusive standout stars, and a dash of nostalgia. But if they're going the route of modern NXT then lol. I've never cared about crowd size or budget in a wrestling promotion as long as they've got a hot crowd, like old era NXT made a lot of people really endearing because it was basically the old TNA crowd but if they're going to full sail isn't the crowd controlled basically run by Bayley superfan Izzy's father? I don't know where I read it but he would instruct the crowd to turn against certain wrestlers he didn't like which lead to Lince Dorado threatening to beat his rear end in the parking lot

It's just the cycle of TNA though, build up momentum, look like you're on the cusp of being great, fumble at the one yard line and then flounder for several years but TNA will never die.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
In my case, they would have to fill a niche that isn't already covered by another promotion. There's already too much current wrestling for me to keep up with, I can't make time for TNA if it's just going to be NXT but better (or AEW but worse).

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Edward Mass posted:

Basically, not make the insane unforced error they just made in firing D'Amore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Personally, for someone that dropped WWE a long time ago and and only follows a few people in AEW, TNA was (is) the perfect 1.5 hours of pro-wrestling TV per week.