Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah original version of TNA is more Atari Jaguar than TG-16/PC Engine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

There definitely isn't. If you were to create another American promotion based on unsigned people and people with expiring TNA contracts you'd have another promotion with no TV running multiple tapings at a time in front of 800-1,000 people. It'd be like what happened when Wrestle-1 formed out of All Japan, not good for anyone.

Imagine MLW but smaller!

apophenium posted:

Praying for Josh Alexander in the G1

While a risk I'd probably say Josh/Speedball if leaving TNA should look at doing New Japan or Japan for a year to get some more hype before going to AEW cause if they go now they'll be in the large group of good wrestlers that don't stand out

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Ganso Bomb posted:

I’ve never really gotten Mike Bailey even though I feel like I’m supposed to. His matches all seem the same and there’s just something too performancy about them that takes me out of it. I really don’t know how to explain it.

Yeah I was that way for him but his BOSJ run was good and his match with Ospreay was good so I think doing like a year in New Japan doing US dates and tours would help him get the polish needed to potentially get to the next level

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Even if a new company could find a way to stand out like say going all in on Lucha you still have to compete with online streaming that already have filled in a lot of these markets. You'd need a major league production and time slot and the talent and that just isn't out there unlike when AEW launched