Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

There is no way this new dude has time to run the day-to-day of a wrestling company right? Especially given how many hats Scott was wearing.

Even if they were unhappy with the post-rebrand metrics that is a hell of a rash decision to make in such a short time, but no one would ever accuse Anthem of being a well-run company I suppose. #FuckThatOwl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DLC Inc posted:

I blame Bubb-yer Ray

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

What even would a TNA aligned with AXS/Anthem be? Shoot interviews with Sammy Hagar?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

I think the answer is just firing some more office people who you can just use Anthem Entertainment division people for, which given how shoestring the TNA office is... I have no idea who else they'd fire. I guess this might put Garrett Kidney's job at risk again.

Exactly! There's one guy there working on so many different aspects of the product and they fired that guy. And there doesn't seem to be any clear-cut replacement for the booking or talent management. I assume someone at Anthem can rent buildings but even that seemed to be a thing that D'Amore had connections with given how much they ran the same buildings in Windsor and Toronto.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

I could buy them

Goon project!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Both. I think maybe Gail and Dreamer occasionally stepped in but pretty sure D'Amore did most of it.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The TNA Meccasylum crew are firmly onside with Anthem here, which tracks for them being the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Power Windows posted:

What's their reasoning? Just that Scott made that purchase offer?

Pretty much, and "a wrestling company should be run like a business" types of stuff, and hoping that this new exec will develop a more entertainment product and less of an "Indy" one.

You can check it out for yourself!