Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Edward Mass posted:

Personally, I would skip to 2004 in the Asylum years if you want to see the good old days. At that point, Vince Russo was gone and they were finding their footing as a promotion.

Why would you want to skip peak Erik Watts years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Hope Anthem get Vince Russo on the phone. The man's time is now.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

TNA's creative was being run by Gail Kim, Tommy Dreamer, Sign Guy Dudley & the Wrestlecrap guy?

EDIT: No, not quite. RD Evans is Archibald Peck, RD Reynolds is Wrestlecrap guy. That's slightly less funny.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Ganso Bomb posted:

Glad I’m not the only one constantly getting them mixed up. It seemed a very TNA thing to have the Wrestlecrap guy on creative so I didn’t even second guess myself.

There's only space for one RD in my brain & I guess I read Wrestlecrap long before I saw marching band guy in Chikara

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MancXVI posted:

it's my fault, i killed tna

What took you so long?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

edogawa rando posted:

What’s the issue with Delirious as booker? The promotions associated with him are only recently accessible without difficulty where I live.

His time as ROH booker can essentially be summed up by being really boring. Although part of that is probably that he was in the job for far too long.

ROH was the biggest it ever was during his tenure, granted mostly because of NJPW & Bullet Club, but when people reminisce about the company it's mostly stuff from the Gabe years: DG 6 man, Joe Kobashi, Joe Punk 2, Danielson McGuinness, Danielson Morishima, AJ London, KENTA Low Ki, Daniels Ki Danielson, MCMG Briscoes, the ROH CZW 6 man, Cage of Death, etc

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Trying posted:

what’s tge NOAH to TNA’s All Japan gonna be called?

Does this make Global Force Wrestling the SWS/WAR to TNA's All Japan?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Edward Mass posted:

I guess the question should be asked, then: if you don't watch Impact, what would get you to start?

Turning it into a shoot style promotion.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

UnleashedDad posted:

Looking back it really is amazing how much they screwed the pooch on the original TNA. I lived through it and know it did not deserve fond memories overall, but the fact that a nostalgic rebrand brought them back to their highest high is really stunning to me.

Dixie Carter burning the Spike relationship by secretly keeping Russo involved despite promising them he wasn't has to be one of the greatest examples of a wrestling company shooting itself in the foot for no reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Man. That is a real channel. The run in to TNA repeats tonight is back-to-back episodes of Ultimate Strongwomen, because I guess actually World's Strongest would be too expensive & prestigious to license.

TNA have found their home.