Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

gently caress yeah good get for TNA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

It's really incredible how he's one guy who actually got significantly worse the moment he left WWE. Like...yeah that's happened plenty of times, but the drop in quality was instant and stark.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

While I thought Sandow was a fun gimmick and he was the one guy who managed to get the Miz super over when he was floundering, Macho Mandow is actually worse than his current NWA run.

I think that happened long after I had given up on WWE and I was mostly watching Britwres at the time so I'll take your word for it. I thought Sandow and Mizdow were both fun and he carried himself well, so I was pretty interested in his TNA debut at the time and then he cut the blandest "I just wanna be me" promo and buried a gimmick people actually liked. Shockingly tone deaf.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

RIP TNA Legend Toby Keith, break out the 50 Greatest Moments in TNA history and watch all of his moments to celebrate.

So this is how I find out. Wild.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Well, uh, what the gently caress? This is out of nowhere, wasn't he behind the re-rebrand and a lot of the vision of the company? Everyone I know spoke really highly of him too. The hell?

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Jeesh, TNA can't catch a break. Gets positive buzz due to the rebrand and Ospreay/Alexander and good streaming options, some momentum, Scott himself has a passionate promo that got people rumbling a little, and then corporate fuckery hits immediately. I'm not going to sit here and pretend I love TNA or anything outside of having fondness for a lot of the old memories, good and bad, of its PPVs and crazier moments, but I was feeling good about the company and subbed to watch Impact regularly. Getting rid of the one guy who vocally headed up the company is a really bad look, unless there's something bad under the surface that is about to break, in which case...well, that's its own can of worms.

:psyduck:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Reports coming out that Scott D'Amore was behind building the relationship between TNA and WWE. Wondering if TNA being associated with WWE during the scandal breaking at Rumble weekend made Anthem mad, on top of everything else stated.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Yeah, it seems like for what it is it was basically handled as well as it could be, but it sucks that it broke how it did and Scott being so beloved is definitely tricky with the timing and all. Hope he gets picked up by another company; he likely has a lot to offer.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

One wrote a book, the other entered to Any Way You Want It and got fired during the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony. It's very simple.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

It's pretty cool to see an actual show of solidarity in wrestling for once.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Ganso Bomb posted:

Just when I was thinking of paying for their YouTube subscription thing, they pull me back out

lmfao I'm in the same boat. I subscribed because it's cheap and the shows I had seen were awesome and then immediately they do this

TNA really can't catch a break. Like clockwork they pull me in with a run of great shows, I watch for a while, and then bounce. I'll stick it out a little more but what a way to start the new era.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Delirious in 2024?!

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Josh Alexander is really awesome, but I think being part of TNA is what helps him feel awesome. I would hope he could be great in Japan should he choose to depart. but I think Anthem getting its poo poo together would likely be better for everyone. In AEW he unfortunately would be coming in at a time that is too top-heavy for him to stand out like he should (and while I would love to see him toss people around in ROH I don't really think that's the best thing for him either) and WWE wouldn't really know what to do with his strengths since they hate when anyone is explosive if it's not their chosen guys. If he could keep his ring style like Dragunov or GUNTHER maybe it could work, but also selfishly I just don't want him to go to the company that makes people wrestle half-speed and I've no desire to watch. :shrug:

Then again, maybe I'm wrong and he could be cool in AEW. Let him show up and toss Eddie around. But yeah, I'd prefer if all these talents would be able to successfully get Anthem to bend by coming together.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

It seems to be extended to cover injury time but man, they couldn't have phrased that any more suspiciously huh

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Miching Mallecho posted:

What's mustafa's gimmick now?

Is he the president of wrestling?

No, that's Phil Stamper. Ali is running for President of Wrestling. :science:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

The talks are specifically "preliminary", not confirmed.