Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Reports coming out that Scott D'Amore was behind building the relationship between TNA and WWE. Wondering if TNA being associated with WWE during the scandal breaking at Rumble weekend made Anthem mad, on top of everything else stated.

so because of WWE's rape scandal the TNA president loses their job but not the WWE's president? WWE really can't fail.

flashy_mcflash posted:

There is no way this new dude has time to run the day-to-day of a wrestling company right? Especially given how many hats Scott was wearing.

Even if they were unhappy with the post-rebrand metrics that is a hell of a rash decision to make in such a short time, but no one would ever accuse Anthem of being a well-run company I suppose. #FuckThatOwl

if they really fired him because the TNA reboot didn't make them a giant success in THREE AND HALF WEEKS, then I don't even know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Rhonne posted:

Things are already going great!

In retrospect releasing the TNA name from whatever magical binding spell that had trapped and contained it was probably a bad idea.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Power Windows posted:

What's their reasoning? Just that Scott made that purchase offer?

fwiw according to Meltzer the offer to buy TNA came after they told Scott he was going to be fired.