Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

forkboy84 posted:

TNA's creative was being run by Gail Kim, Tommy Dreamer, Sign Guy Dudley & the Wrestlecrap guy?

EDIT: No, not quite. RD Evans is Archibald Peck, RD Reynolds is Wrestlecrap guy. That's slightly less funny.

Glad I’m not the only one constantly getting them mixed up. It seemed a very TNA thing to have the Wrestlecrap guy on creative so I didn’t even second guess myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Just when I was thinking of paying for their YouTube subscription thing, they pull me back out

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I’ve never really gotten Mike Bailey even though I feel like I’m supposed to. His matches all seem the same and there’s just something too performancy about them that takes me out of it. I really don’t know how to explain it.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

UnleashedDad posted:

Pro wrestling has evolved so much in the past ten years that to stick out as a promotion you need to devolve essentially. We are in a golden age where great matches are plentiful and you can find anything that suits your tastes. I dunno where you go from here honestly. Regional promotions with washed out local football stars to slap each other around? Promotions like Chikara? No idea, but the current paradigm can only handle two promotions. A third would need to be vastly different and that ain't TNA.

I was hopeful that the NWA would fill a weirdo third spot because the presentation of Powerrrrrrrrr was so fun and unique when it started, but of course we all know how things have gone there.

But I feel like that’s the thing you need to hit on. You’re not going to be produced like WWE and you’re going to struggle to match an insane roster and matches like AEW has, so finding a secret third thing feels essential.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Is this like one of those things where WWE adds time on for injury, or something like the contract states that TNA can extend the contract even if the person doesn’t necessarily want to be there? The wording feels so weird to me.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

it is your birthday.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Huh. It is only $10. Maybe I’ll give it a shot if we don’t find anything else to watch tonight, though I think Friday is usually Drag Race night. Tough call.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Do you think TNA picks up Kevin Kelly now that he’s been fired from AEW? Maybe NWA is a more likely place for him to pop up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MassRafTer posted:

No, he's going to do a grifter podcast and maybe try to get Big Dick Johnson's old job at TPUSA.

That was also high on my list of guesses (well, the first half at least)