Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Larryb posted:

Assuming Amy’s even in the movie, so far the only new Sonic characters that have been confirmed are Shadow and Maria (and by association Gerald)

Plus if you bring in Metal Sonic and focus on the time travel aspect of CD Amy feels more like she could be the premise of a whole seperate movie

I'd be quite surprised if they go to the 3D era with Shadow et al and don't include Amy. Metal Sonic has always been a pretty peripheral character and Sonic CD in general hasn't had much done with it, let alone the time travel aspect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'd be quite surprised if they go to the 3D era with Shadow et al and don't include Amy. Metal Sonic has always been a pretty peripheral character and Sonic CD in general hasn't had much done with it, let alone the time travel aspect.

Though in this case that would also involve introducing her for the first time and building a storyline for her in addition to the SA2 plotline (plus, there are several other characters/ways that could make Shadow see the light at the end). Hell, Sonic himself could do it considering the whole aspect of Longclaw being killed by echidnas

I wouldn’t mind seeing her honestly but there are also plenty of ways they could get around using her too (Rouge actually seems more likely to appear if anything)

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Big the Cat top billed or we riot

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Wittgen posted:

Big the Cat top billed or we riot

Finally somebody gets the franchise. HIRE THEM, PARAMOUNT YOU COWARDS

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
OK, can someone please go watch Welcome Home Franklin and tell me if they also get massive “this story was originally conceived as a queer romance” vibes? Because I feel like I’m going insane right now. I don’t think I’ve had a film set off my gaydar this strongly since Luca.

Side note: Oh, look at that, I was loving right!

E: This is not a complaint, nor do I even think the movie necessarily needed to be overtly queer (I actually think these kind of emotionally vulnerable friendships are a good example for straight kids so it’s fine).

But god drat, the vibes.

Also just go watch WHF either way. It’s wholesome as hell and deserves better than to languish in obscurity on ATV+

E2: This is the song they play right before the credits roll.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGdPAskqNAE

readingatwork fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Apr 13, 2024

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

oh i didn't realize there was a new thread all this time lol. also soul loving owned

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

The 7th Guest posted:

oh i didn't realize there was a new thread all this time lol. also soul loving owned

Yeah so much of this thread dislikes Soul but I loved it, the music was incredible

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I don't dislike Soul but I thought it was just thoroughly okay

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
It was a movie about Jazz and it felt like it had a Jazz script in that they were just making it up as they went along.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
the movie is in the frames you don't see

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
The worst thing about Soul is that it's so easy to compare to Coco, and Coco definitely wins that fight. It almost felt like they were compelled to add a bunch of complicated Pixar Stuff (or I should probably call it Pete Docter Stuff) just to make it different. I still think it's better than Inside Out though, so that's not bad.

Unrelated, but the 28-minute Bluey finale was absolutely fantastic. They managed to work in a lot of blink-and-miss-it moments of fan service and tying up loose ends, but certainly never lost sight of the central drama of the episode, which kept me guessing until the very end.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Season finale or series finale? :ohdear:

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

The_Doctor posted:

Season finale or series finale? :ohdear:

We'll see.*

* No one knows. Seems to belong to that nebulous "just in case we don't do another one, let's do everything we've wanted to do" category.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I'm getting around to Wish just so that I've actually seen it, and at least despite a half-baked plot it does have some decent songs, like I'm enjoying "Knowing what I know now", it has a cool rhythm. It reminds me of the best song from Smallfoot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVcwpMsU58g

Something I'd find amusing in a princess style movie would be something like what the Tangled TV show flirted with with the Decay Incantation, which whenever Rapunzel recites it takes over her body, and forces her to sing it without stopping, killing anything around her and takes a powerful external stimulus to stop, which was awesome https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jZ6LTmyW6U, and have a villain who was a princess who went mad, or got corrupted in some way. That could be a fun twist. Play up a different character as a more traditional villain, but have his motives actually be what he says they are, then when the princess goes rogue her sidekick-style character would have to team up with him to stop her.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
I watched Wish on the plane last week and it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. It only had one good song imo, and the whole plot felt very rushed/half-baked, but there were still some fun scenes. I expected it to be terrible based on the trailers and reviews, but it was instead just mediocre.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

the lyrics are atrocious, it feels like they got an AI to write something similar to LMM and no one edited it

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

BioEnchanted posted:

I'm getting around to Wish just so that I've actually seen it, and at least despite a half-baked plot it does have some decent songs, like I'm enjoying "Knowing what I know now", it has a cool rhythm. It reminds me of the best song from Smallfoot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVcwpMsU58g

Smallfoot is a movie that has really grown on me. I still don't think it's amazing, and I think the style of the movie is really uninspired, especially when you see the concept art. But I think several of the songs are really good, Let It Lie being the standout. But Perfection is really good and catchy and I just didn't know Channing Tatum could sing. Zendaya is a perfect goddess who can do anything so Wonderful Life is a good song too. And man that credits song is an absolute bop. The human character singing Under Pressure is a really bad song though.

It's such a weird movie cause like there are elements of the movie that are extremely good, like the music, but it's held back by things like character design being really boring. And there's also a character in the movie whose entire role is to be an annoying dipshit idiot but like even his friends in the movie hate him so it's like why are you in this movie? I felt a similar way to the long legged freak Troll in Trolls 2 that is just suddenly in the movie, although the movie doesn't have everyone hate her. It was more "who are you and why are you here". This is arguably worse because the character just sucks and all the characters agree he sucks so why is he in the movie

I mean "Cause even if they hear of these atrocities, the only thing strong than fear is curiosity" is a fire line

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/keanu-reeves-joins-sonic-3-shadow-1235874487/

Keanu Reeves has been cast as Shadow. Pretty inspired choice imho

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Johnny Shadowhand

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
:yeshaha:

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

... Okay, that's pretty good.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Poor Kirk Thornton probably thought he had a shot after they kept Tails' actual VO from the games.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Yeah, but Shadow's thing is being edgy so it makes sense to cast an actual star of action movies for adults as him.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Maria is the name of his Dog.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

The MSJ posted:

Yeah, but Shadow's thing is being edgy so it makes sense to cast an actual star of action movies for adults as him.

Children love The Matrix

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
https://youtu.be/gUf5R-MzITU?si=VJHWoKBbnx7BF3kn

Blue Giant was playing at Alamo today, so I checked it out. Took a buddy that is a jazz fan and Sax player.
We both enjoyed it. I'm not into jazz personally, but I thought they did a great job with the music. The OST is on ytmusic already.
The one thing that did bug me was the CGI looked cheap. When the music was really popping off, they would change the animation style, which I did like, to this weird looking rendering.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

TwoPair posted:

Poor Kirk Thornton probably thought he had a shot after they kept Tails' actual VO from the games.

Kirk Thornton is probably my least favorite Shadow VA so I'm not too sad about that honestly.

I would have also accepted Hayden Christensen as previously rumored but this is good too.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Someone forwarded me this and it's extremely my poo poo

Him and jaaaaaames baxter

Data Graham fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Apr 16, 2024

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

Data Graham posted:

Someone forwarded me this and it's extremely my poo poo

Him and jaaaaaames baxter

It is super cool to see in motion. Really adds something to a simple speaking part with all that motion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDyaZvQQaNo

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Tbh was kinda hoping for Rob Pattinson after seeing that edit someone did of Shadow's game cutscenes with the ending monologue from The Batman

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Obviously this is much, much simpler and with much more advanced tools, but I'm kinda reminded of how in the later season of the Star Trek cartoon one of the ways you could tell that they were stepping up the animation a notch was stuff like 3D head swivelling. Like in this one, Rutherford, on the right: it's just a simple 'two guys facing the camera talking' moment, but the way his head is moving in three axis and the way his whole body follows all his motions is more than the kind of stuff they'd had before.

https://i.imgur.com/uHJkyWG.mp4

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Apr 18, 2024

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
Soul is great you people are crazy.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I never watched it, but I do agree with that one poster who said the cat looks bad.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

My problem is less the cat design but the cat owner looking like they HD-ified Dr.Seuss character

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
https://twitter.com/ScheierJason/status/1780972523230003269?t=oPTbkSohv_pdkKJdpu_ULw&s=19

Stretchy metal lips huh. Something kinda off here but I bet they look better in the actual movie.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
The cat in Soul was so ugly that it made the movie hard to watch.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Sourdough Sam posted:

https://twitter.com/ScheierJason/status/1780972523230003269?t=oPTbkSohv_pdkKJdpu_ULw&s=19

Stretchy metal lips huh. Something kinda off here but I bet they look better in the actual movie.

Hmm, yeah I would have preferred something closer to the Bumblebee movie in terms of how faces are handled but whatevs.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
I just caught an ad for it on TV and yeah the robots look a lot better in motion. The movie looks very shiny, like a more lighthearted version of those Cybertron games, also no humans which could be a plus.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
Man I should rewatch the Tangled cartoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I just watched the trailer for this Transformers movie and i'm one again baffled at the reception it seems to be getting in the comments and on twitter. It looks good to me?? What about the movie looks bad?? That all seemed really fun to me, and the animation looks good.

The only bad thing about the movie wasn't even the movie itself, but the way the trailer was cut. It was 3 minutes of record scratches and that sucked, but the actual comedy shown in the trailer seemed fine and felt very 80s goofy