Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
And Across the Spider-verse rereleases on Jan 19th to bump up the numbers. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Samovar posted:

That soon?! I thought it had been delayed.

Across, not Beyond.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The New York bits of Soul are truly gorgeous and evocative of the city. Joe walking along with coffee at the end, and you can just tell it’s a bit chilly, but still a lovely day. That’s so well realised, it’s just a shame the rest of the movie is pretty mediocre and set in blobby soft afterlife space with blobby shapeless people.

The soundtrack is very good, shout out to both Jon Batiste and the Reznor/Ross hybrid.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

They didn’t say anything wrong? :confused:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

God no, the live action movies are terrible.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The cynical reason they’re doing two cuts is to keep it fresh in people’s heads in a way Netflix stuff usually doesn’t. They’re butting up against the usual ‘Netflix drop/gone from the public consciousness in a week’ problem.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

It’s a win-win for Netflix too, they’re essentially getting 4 movies of engagement for the price of 2!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Excellent song choice there :allears:

Knuckles is BEST BOY the best thing to come out of the Sonic movies so I’m glad to see he’s getting more coverage.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

No one left at twitter can write? That took me a couple of tries to parse what it was saying. Also, fuckin lol, no I don’t want to watch anything over it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/hollywoodhandle/status/1759668445275205641

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

That none of the Legacy cast appear to be returning doesn’t fill me with confidence. Also Jared loving Leto.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

It’s a shame they reveal at the end there’s voice actors, because I honestly would happily watch that without hearing a voice at all.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Boooo burn the oscars down. That should have been Across the Spiderverse’s Oscar.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

It’s Lightyear all over again. Tons of merch, film wasn’t amazing, so it’s just making GBS threads up store shelves months now (coming up 2 years for Lightyear!).

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Das Boo posted:

Also give shape-shift boy something to do.

For real. The whole Encanto concept lends itself very well to a series, honestly. Explore different family members every episode, what they can do, etc.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Anyway, legendary Parisian animation school Gobelins is using AI in its advertisements. :cripes:

https://twitter.com/kda_artist/status/1777374299571023953

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

TwoPair posted:

Mon Hero Académie featuring Jacques Midoriya

Jacques Midoriya and Remy Bakugo definitely end up together in that one. Or at least have a wonderful and informative summer together in the French countryside.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Use the YouTube link, twt’s video codec is absolutely terrible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vuy6rEKE3jA

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

It helps that Knuckles is Best Boy and carries the whole movie

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Season finale or series finale? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

This trailer for Mars Express played in my cinema last night, and it looks really good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okQT4Sk4e8Q