Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Johnny Shadowhand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Das Boo posted:

I'm just gonna throw out that it's waaaaay loving harder and much more time consuming to tweak a flat image. Am I correct in assuming AI doesn't use layers?

Yeah, absolutely not. It doesn't even really 'create' in a way where it could make a coherent layered file.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The world is not ready for a cheery "BLESS MY SOUL, HERC IS ON A ROLL" while he brutally murders his family.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

World Famous W posted:

if it wasn't in the hit game hades, it ain't canon

There is like a 90% chance she is going to be in Hades 2 considering the plot, and there's a significant chance she is the protagonist.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

World Famous W posted:

had to unbookmark the hades (lades) thread cause i don't want no spoilers

I apologize! For what it's worth that is just me going "This is what I expect considering the mythology used" and not anything grounded in spoilers or anything.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pixeltendo posted:

Why even sign up for a project like Halo if you don't even like the material.

Is the paycheck really worth it if you hate the thing anyway?

I mean, I think it would depend on the project. Approaching something you dislike the source material of and using an adaptation to criticize the unironic ideas of the source material is an entirely valid path. (See something like Starship Troopers.)

Halo's early lore (which, I admit, is the only stuff I know because I never got into the Halo plot) is unironic ra-ra fash bullshit and if you asked me to make a Halo movie I'd want to write about how hosed up and awful it is that the Spartan program is this glorified heroic necessary evil thing despite the fact it literally involved horrifyingly maiming children and was basically doing a "the Spartans were so COOL and AWESOME and MANLY" thing but sci-fi.

If you don't want to deal with the actual Halo lore and just have a cool dude in armor fighting aliens, I'd rather make a Doom movie.

Edit: If you asked me to do an adaptation of Harry Potter you best fuckin' believe I'd do it as accurate to the "lore" as possible which would mean there would 100% be good trans wizards and I'd replace all of Dolores Umbrige's dialogue with JK Rowling tweets.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 16:45 on May 10, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

admittedly it has been a long time(since the original release) since I read the first halo books, but I feel like it was very up front about how awful and inhumane the spartan program was and how terrible the human government was. I mean, it literally starts off with kidnapping children and replacing them with clones, and talks about how the Spartans were designed as supercops to crush dissent. At least until the covenant showed up and suddenly all of that interhuman conflict became irrelevant in a fight against eradication, and the Spartans purpose was rewritten on the fly as things got more and more dire.

It was up front about it but it was painted in the "the orphan grinder was a necessary evil to make people as cool as Master Chief" stuff, which is something you saw from people who glorify the made-up 300-style Sparta too. It could very well have changed since then because lord knows I have no idea what is up with Evil Cortana or whatever.