Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
i imagine that most people who wanted to see it already streamed it, can't say im to suprised

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Robindaybird posted:

I do wonder if they were stinging from their attempt to update Minnie in the 80s and shied away from trying it with Mickey.

Totally Minnie was roundly mocked for an obvious attempt at 'how you do, fellow kids?' (though funnily, she's about the only incarnation who isn't completely defined by her relationship with Mickey)
EDIT: thinking about it, Minnie was probably a dry run to see if they can update Mickey & Co, and cancelled it on seeing how Totally Minnie went over like a lead balloon.
there should have been more specials about the other disney properties and how they want to gently caress pop stars

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jan 19, 2024

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
looks dumb and that ill love it

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

CelticPredator posted:

I would like to read people discuss why everyone is so rabid about fake relationships. I get why people would want to write it. I get why people get into it.

I don’t understand why people fight about it
eh, everyone needs a hobby

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Sir Lemming posted:

Yeah that's definitely accurate of Pinocchio too, I guess the main difference is the set pieces are just better. Like there's a part where a magic dove just drops a piece of paper with exposition on them so they can go to the next plot point. "BTW Gepetto went looking for you and got swallowed by a whale named Monstro"
you say this but i would watch the poo poo out of an animation adaptation of kc greens adaptation of pinnochio. fire tailed heart attack snake and all

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
the best scooby doo was venture brothers

i still enjoy using scooby doo where are you episodes as background noise

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Ccs posted:

Using the prequel to tell an american fairy tale of bootstraps and meritocratic rise is cute, but it falls apart a bit when you consider the boostrapper then leaves the kingdom to his offspring. That's the biggest conundrum of these remakes. They try to mash together modern values and antiquated (or "universal Jungian archetypes" as a frothing Peterson would say) and go "look! we made it better!"

Not that they haven't always been doing that to an extent. Such as the original disney versions of movies removing much of the violence and just sort of random happenstances that occur in the Grimm versions (for example Snow White in the Grimm version waking up because one of the Prince's servants trips and loses his balance, which causes the piece of poisoned apple to dislodge from her throat.)
she could only be awoken by love's first kiss the heimlich maneuver?

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
if it wasn't in the hit game hades, it ain't canon

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
had to unbookmark the hades (lades) thread cause i don't want no spoilers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU