Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Old movies coming to theaters for the first time, new sequels too!

Welcome to the animated movies (and sometimes TV shows) for 2024!

Current Movies
Turning Red
Peppa's Cinema Party
Snoopy Presents: Welcome Home, Franklin (Apple TV+ Only)
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu No Yaiba - To the Hashira Training
Megamind vs The Doom Syndicate (Peacock Only)
Kung Fu Panda 4

Upcoming Movies
Luca - (US, Mar 22, 2024)
Dragonkeeper - (US, Apr 5, 2024)
The Garfield Movie - (US, May 24, 2024)
Inside Out 2 - (US, Jun 14, 2024)
Despicable Me 4 - (US, Jul 3, 2024)
Harold and the Purple Crayon - (US, Aug 2, 2024)
Transformers One - (US, Sep 13, 2024)
Moana 2 (US, Nov 27, 2024)
The Lord of the Rings: The War of the Rohirrim - (US, Dec 13, 2024)
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (US, Dec 20, 2024)
Mufasa: The Lion King - (US, Dec 20, 2024)
DOG MAN (US, January 31, 2025)

Previous Movies
Migration
The Boy and the Heron
The Inseparables
Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths, Part 1
The Peasants
Orion and the Dark
Jungle Bunch: Operation Meltdown

Unknown Dates (US)
Giants of La Mancha
The Day the Earth Blew Up: A Looney Tunes Movie
Fixed
The Imaginary
In Your Dreams
Doraemon: Nobita's Earth Symphony
The Magnificent Life of Marcel Pagnol
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Freedom
Night of the Zoopocalypse
Saving Bikini Bottom: The Sandy Cheeks Movie
Spellbound
That Christmas
Thelma the Unicorn
The Tiger's Apprentice
Trouble
Ultraman Rising
The Wild Robot
The Amazing World of Gumball Movie
Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths, Part 2

Old Threads:
Want to look back on the classics such as Spider-Man Across the Spider-Verse, The Little Mermaid, or The Lion King? Here are the old threads.

2020 - 2023
2017 - 2018

Check the archives for the rest!

ThermoPhysical fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Mar 11, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

[More space here]

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Acebuckeye13 posted:

This article lists a few more films scheduled to come out this year, a lot of which I haven't heard of. It includes The Day the Earth Blew Up: A Looney Tunes Movie, and Fixed, an R-rated film directed by Genndy Tartakovsky. Also worth keeping an eye out for is Coyote vs. Acme, which is currently being shopped after Zaslav tried and somehow failed to kill it.

Adding these to the OP. Thanks!

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

There are a ton more movies added to the OP but a lot of them are unknown dates and don't have trailers.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Added the 2025 movie DOG MAN to the upcoming list. Also added the trailer for Despicable Me 4.

Added trailers for Sonic 3 (just the title, not a full trailer), Snoopy Presents: Welcome Home, Franklin, and the sequel to Megamind, Megamind vs The Doom Syndicate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXb7tWC2W5o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go--Gzu_qGg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5wdFSRYoOY

Megamind's new voice cast seems...not the best. It comes with a new animated series, Megamind Rules!, also on Peacock.

I still don't know anyone who has Peacock.

ThermoPhysical fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Feb 3, 2024

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/moana-2-disney-2024-release-date-1235901329/

Moana 2 coming November 27, 2024.

Adding to the OP

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZSywj-vkxA

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Robindaybird posted:

Didn't someone had to resort to piracy to get a copy of the show that he was the showrunner of?

A lot of show creators had to do that. I recall IanJQ having to do that for OK KO and Owen Dennis basically told everyone to pirate Infinity Train since that was the only way to watch it as it was even being removed from people's Amazon lists despite buying it. The DVDs of Infinity Train went to insane prices too.

Actually Owen Dennis was, understandably, VERY pissed about it and did an interview about how lovely it was. I don't think anyone but WBD's higher ups knew they were going to memory hole a bunch of shows so it caught everyone else off guard at the same time.

In other show news (based on a movie) there's a 6 episode series based entirely around Knuckles coming to Paramount+. Idris Elba is voicing him again as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kETt59yn6A

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Velma was given a season 2 before season 1 even aired so it’s not really hate watching that did it. Just overzealous executives.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

I read somewhere that they always planned for KFP to be a six movie thing.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Larryb posted:

The Shaggy analogue being voiced by Patton Oswolt was also an inspired choice (as was the Scooby analogue being a highly intelligent evil bird)

Also is that the only series where we ever met the gang’s families?

It was Lewis Black who voiced Mr.E/Ricky Owen’s, not Patton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

BioEnchanted posted:

Scrappy was done in by executive meddling originally - according to an interview I read with his creator he was envisioned as actually being kind of effective, but he was rewritten behind his back because executives were concerned that his behaviour was imitable, plus the old cartoon rule of "If a nail sticks out a little, hammer it back in, no individuality allowed!"

Yeah, from what I’ve read, Scrappy was actually effective in saving the Scooby franchise as it was experiencing a big slump in viewers.