Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Pixeltendo posted:

Personally I never understood why they never made a Mickey mouse movie.

this has been on my mind since literally the 1990s, when i first tried to take an interest in animation

"if mickey mouse is the most recognizable character in the world, why aren't there any mickey mouse cartoons?"

even in the very occasional instances where I'd be at a relative's house where they sprang for the disney channel surcharge on their cable bill (or could just point their satellite dish to pick it up), they'd never play anything with mickey - like the same five shorts, usually featuring the prototypical, no-dialogue chip and dale. sometimes goofy.

even loving kingdom hearts's whole thing is built around a lack of mickey

he's defined by his absence more than his presence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Srice posted:

The only shipping I wanna hear about is the movie in which a dog has a robot shipped to his home!!

In all serious though it's annoying that Robot Dreams isn't getting a theatrical release before the Oscars. I've been seeing trailers for it in theaters that say it's "Coming Soon" but the Oscars aren't far off and that the trailer doesn't have a specific date makes me think it's gonna be out after the Oscars. Just feels like a missed opportunity since I dunno about everyone else but the main reason it's on my radar at all is because of that Best Animated nomination.

i saw perfect days over the weekend (extremely good) and i want to say there was a robot dreams trailer with limited-run dates indicated, so it's worth double-checking all available sources

but i could be wrong

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

big nate is an okay strip, but it's no wallace the brave

(as a comic strip thread regular, i was actually kinda shocked i hadn't heard that big nate actually tried moving into other formats. i can't see it working outside the funny pages all that well)