Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
I’m late to the party on this but just saw Wish and wow, y’all were right on about the “we’re trying to do Lin Manuel Miranda but have no idea how” point. All the songs just sort of happen and all sound the same. The movie itself never really stops moving but it never feels like it’s actually going anywhere, and the goat is the most tacked funny character. Like he made me laugh cause it’s Clayface but it also felt at the expense of the movie and never with it. Big punch up energy with him. Really hope Disney gets its animation movie division poo poo together because they have been stuck in such a dud zone of creativity for a while now.
Also, side note question: they showed constellations for all the mainline Disney animated movies over the credits and I swear they skipped over the Rescuers movies, did I just miss them? They’re my favorites

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010

Robindaybird posted:

They probably did, Rescuers, Great Mouse Detective and Oliver & Company tend to get overlooked a lot.

I definitely remember Great Mouse Detective and Oliver and Company constellations making it all the weirder. Leads me well into my next question, what happened with The Rescuers and Disney?
It did well and was popular in its time and was the first to get a main studio sequel but it’s seemingly erased from Disney canon. You don’t see the characters mentioned anywhere and they show up very rarely in merch. Did something happen to it? (Besides the nudity frame)

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
With Toy Story 5, the gag in We're Doing a Sequel in Muppets Most Wanted keeps getting funnier as they reference Disney waiting for Tom Hanks to make Toy Story 4 in it