Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I had actually forgotten they were making another Garfield movie (though this one at least isn't live action)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Was that the one Zaslav wrote off and then un-wrote off because directors and writers cancelled meetings with WB not wanting to spend years working on movies that would be thrown in the vault and never see the light of day?

No that was Coyote Vs ACME which as far as I know is still cancelled

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Panfilo posted:

https://twitter.com/BayouBomber/status/1747645424666587611?t=0NgrgrOo4UMuXSyLQZGFrQ&s=19
I thought this series had come out already. Seemed too twee edgy for me, then again imagine if they tried to release Invader Zim in this day and age with Twitter and the internet peanut gallery and all that. Also lots of trad nerds getting offended at the religious imagery :byodood: "THAT'S NOT HOW HEAVEN WORKS! THAT'S NOT HOW ANY OF IT WORKS!"

The pilot came out in 2019 but the series officially starts tomorrow (though two episodes already got leaked). It's actually pretty good, as is its sister series Helluva Boss

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I think they even have a Sora mascot at Disney World Japan (or they did at one point at least)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The original creator and staff had nothing to do with the video though (although there are some idiots out there who thought it was actually part of the show) and it was done without permission.

As for the actual show, if you liked Helluva Boss and don’t mind musicals it’s honestly pretty decent in my opinion if you give it a fair shot (it follows directly from the 2019 pilot though so watch that first if you need context)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Jan 20, 2024

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Das Boo posted:

Since they're being so publicly indignant about it, I would be seriously surprised if an employee doesn't copy the whole thing, store it for a few years, then leak it.

After the treatment Pantheon S1 got, a few of us got spooked and I know personal copies of both seasons exist. We have to protect the loving YEARS we invest into these projects.

What happened to Pantheon? I only watched the series for the first time fairly recently

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Martman posted:

Amazon seems to be burying it, afaik I don't have any legit ways to watch it at the moment

Yeah, I just checked and neither season is available on Prime it seems (I had to resort to piracy to see it myself). Which sucks because it was a great show

Infinity Train is also in a similar boat (though in that case I believe at least the first season got a DVD release)

But yeah, as mentioned above I feel like if a company writes off a movie or show they should also immediately forfeit the rights back to the original creators or make it available in the public domain. Just chucking something into the garbage where nobody can (legally) view it anymore is stupid.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Feb 9, 2024

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Das Boo posted:

So it started as a 2 season order, produced by AMC and developed at Titmouse. Story and design rolled off in Q1 21, S1 premiered Q3 21, S2 was fully completed in Q4 21. But by the time S1 dropped, the head at AMC had swapped and as is customary, she buried the poo poo out of the previous head's babies. There was zero advertisement, episodes were released out of order, and then weeks after S2 finished production AMC switched heads again and S1 disappeared completely from streaming with no warning. Like, folks were mid-watch and suddenly couldn't watch the next episode.

When we had our little wrap party in... April 22, I think? You could only watch S1 and only through pirating. We were told AMC was at least shopping it. Then S1 suddenly showed up on Amazon and Apple about 6 months later. S2 showed up randomly last year only in Australia? I think? S2 has never been officially released Stateside. But also it's all been taken down now, so :shrug:. To be honest, I lost track of what the hell was going on last year. They don't tell us anything, we just stumble across it.

But also on behalf of my crew, please pirate Pantheon! We were all really proud of it and just want it to be seen.

You worked on that show? What’d you do?

But yeah, as I said I just watched the whole thing recently. It’s amazing and it sucks that they screwed you guys over like that

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Were either of the Kung Fu Panda shows worth watching while we're on the subject?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Robindaybird posted:

Except for Penguins of Madagascar - most of the CGI tv shows from dreamworks are honestly not worth it, the downgrade is huge and the writing doesn't compensate

I thought the HTTYD series was decent at least

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Not technically animation but I wasn’t sure where else to put this, we’ve got some new info on the third Tron movie:

https://www.ign.com/articles/tron-ares-first-look-image-reveals-villainous-red-suit-and-first-story-details

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Not even a Jeff Bridges appearance? Lame (but we’ll see)

Has Jared Leto been good in anything come to think of it? It doesn’t help that he’s kind of a piece of poo poo off camera as well

Assuming the titular character appears I assume Bruce Boxleitner will be back at the very least (he’s voiced Tron in pretty much everything including the cartoon, games, and Kingdom Hearts)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Mar 1, 2024

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I think the description seems to be implying that this time someone from The Grid will be crossing over into our world as opposed to vice versa like before

The end of Legacy and the DVD short seem to strongly imply that Flynn and Tron are still alive so I assume we’ll be seeing at least one of them in this movie

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Mar 1, 2024

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Off the subject apparently Megamind dropped both a sequel and a 8 episode series on Peacock recently that contains basically none of the original voice cast. Is any of it worth checking out at all (I assume not since most reviews so far seem to be panning it pretty hard)?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Mar 3, 2024

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Remember the Monsters Inc show from 2021? They apparently decided to give it another season 3 years later

https://youtube.com/watch?v=yvhhtZ2ywj8

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Panfilo posted:

Wiley E Coyote I recall had a rather posh voice in at least one of the old episodes, when he's describing different roadrunner recipes.

There's a handful of instances where he talked as I recall but it wasn't a common occurrence

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Robindaybird posted:

I think he mostly talks when he's paired up against Bugs Bunny and the one where he directly addresses some kids asking questions about why he keeps chasing the roadrunner, but yes he's always given a very posh voice.

(the ones with the sheepdog don't count as that's technically Ralph the wolf, not Wild E. Coyote despite sharing the same model)

Outside of that he speaks at least once in Tiny Toons (and possibly The Looney Tunes Show) as well

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

For context this is referring to the recent passing of Akira Toriyama

https://twitter.com/DB_official_en/status/1765935471971213816

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Mar 8, 2024

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The Amazing World of Gumball movie is apparently still happening:

https://thedirect.com/article/amazing-world-of-gumball-movie-2024-release-official

Larryb fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Mar 11, 2024

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

To be fair, Mario being very generic is probably on brand. But yeah, lazy casting for Garfield. Like, Bill Murray was genuinely a good choice, lazy sleazy comedian and all. The Lorenzo Music connection is more than just a good joke.

It was also kind of fitting seeing as Music played Murray's character in the Ghostbusters cartoon from the 90s, pity everything else about the live action Garfield movie (that somehow still got a sequel) was terrible though

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

I'm still confused how get to a complete movie and then decide not to release it.

The movie is complete, right?

Yup, and the entire script got leaked online a little while back. It's sad that something like that got cancelled (even going against the whims of WB's own shareholders if I recall correctly) yet arguably the worst Scooby series ever made lives on.

People really need to understand that hate watching does nothing except boost a show’s numbers

Larryb fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Mar 24, 2024

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Does the Hunchback musical ditch the gargoyles or at the very least trim down their role?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

That actually works pretty well honestly, I always felt that if you must include them they’d be better served as figments of Quasimodo’s imagination (which the movie kind of depicts them as at first before eventually tossing that out the window)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

That too. Also unrelated to the Disney movie apparently there was a Hunchback cartoon series at one point as well. Was it any good out of curiosity (or conversely, how bad was it)?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Magical_Adventures_of_Quasimodo

Larryb fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Mar 25, 2024

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Do they still do Broadway adaptations of Disney films for that matter or did that stop a while ago?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Darth TNT posted:

I recall it being the worst of the Disney movie to cartoon series. I think I only saw like 2 episodes of it.

As I said in the post you quoted, the show had nothing to do with the Disney movie though it came out the same year, all the Disney version got was a terrible DTV sequel

That said, based on the description of the former from the wiki article the cartoon doesn’t really sound much better

Larryb fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Mar 26, 2024

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So apparently they’re making a Toy Story 5 and a Moana 2 (in addition to the live action remake of the first one)

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/...tes-1235961998/

Tron Ares has a release date now as well

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

TwoPair posted:

Iirc Moana 2 is old news, but I'm not too surprised by news of TS5. 3 provided a perfect end point, so when 4 came out I figured they would just milk the franchise until it's past it's expiration date. Plus our current sequel/franchise dominated media landscape pretty much guarantees that Toy Story will keep going until the franchise is past dead (or Tom Hanks dies, whichever comes first).

Of course, even if Hanks dies they could just have his brother take over the role like he has in other projects like KH3 (there’s a few decent Buzz soundalikes waiting in the wings if they lose Tim Allen as well)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Macaluso posted:

This is only related to the KH3 thing, but my jaw is still on the floor over the soundalike they got for Sully in the Monsters Inc world. At no point did I question that that wasn't John Goodman.

Mike’s replacement wasn’t bad either though it was easier to tell that wasn’t Billy Crystal

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also Organization 13 members being clowned on by Disney characters (which sadly is only a thing for 3 worlds in the game)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

“How am I…alive?”
“I don’t know”

4 was entirely unnecessary but there were some fun bits in it admittedly. Curious what exactly they have in mind for 5 if nothing else

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

On another note, was Kung Fu Panda 4 any good? I don’t recall people talking about it much here

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

TwoPair posted:

If you would have told me back when the first KFP movie came out that it would spawn 3 sequels + a TV show I would've laughed in your face. Kinda wild how it's gone this long.

Three shows actually (Legends of Awesomeness, Paws of Destiny, and The Dragon Knight), plus a holiday special that takes place after the first movie

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The thing about Dreamworks scuttling a large portion of its TV division sucks because they’ve put out a fair share of quality animated content (Kipo and the She-Ra reboot for example, the HTTYD series was also decent in parts)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Apr 10, 2024

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Apparently an R rated adaption of TMNT: The Last Ronin is in the works

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-last-ronin-movie-1235871493/

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Macaluso posted:

Live action, unfortunately

Eh, the first live action Turtles movie wasn’t terrible. It all depends on the production value and who’s attached to the project (I agree this probably would have worked better as an animated film though)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Marsden was legit good, which shocked me. Sonic has better humans than Detective Pikachu overall. Heck, I didn't even mind the wedding sequence in 2, even though it was obvious padding. I wanna see his sister in law giving romantic advice to Amy in 3. And still hating Sonic but liking Tails.

Assuming Amy’s even in the movie, so far the only new Sonic characters that have been confirmed are Shadow and Maria (and by association Gerald)

Plus if you bring in Metal Sonic and focus on the time travel aspect of CD Amy feels more like she could be the premise of a whole seperate movie

Larryb fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Apr 12, 2024

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'd be quite surprised if they go to the 3D era with Shadow et al and don't include Amy. Metal Sonic has always been a pretty peripheral character and Sonic CD in general hasn't had much done with it, let alone the time travel aspect.

Though in this case that would also involve introducing her for the first time and building a storyline for her in addition to the SA2 plotline (plus, there are several other characters/ways that could make Shadow see the light at the end). Hell, Sonic himself could do it considering the whole aspect of Longclaw being killed by echidnas

I wouldn’t mind seeing her honestly but there are also plenty of ways they could get around using her too (Rouge actually seems more likely to appear if anything)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

TwoPair posted:

Poor Kirk Thornton probably thought he had a shot after they kept Tails' actual VO from the games.

Kirk Thornton is probably my least favorite Shadow VA so I'm not too sad about that honestly.

I would have also accepted Hayden Christensen as previously rumored but this is good too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Good news for the upcoming Mutant Mayhem series and eventual sequel:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/studio-profit-report-nbcu-sony-disney-warner-1235880212/

The Knuckles miniseries that takes place between the Sonic 2 and 3 movies just dropped on Paramount Plus today as well