Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
This article lists a few more films scheduled to come out this year, a lot of which I haven't heard of. It includes The Day the Earth Blew Up: A Looney Tunes Movie, and Fixed, an R-rated film directed by Genndy Tartakovsky. Also worth keeping an eye out for is Coyote vs. Acme, which is currently being shopped after Zaslav tried and somehow failed to kill it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Larryb posted:

No that was Coyote Vs ACME which as far as I know is still cancelled

It's not quite cancelled but it's still in limbo - there were more than a few big names like James Gunn who were upset at the film being cancelled (especially when it was already finished and screening well with test audiences), so Zaslav had to walk it back and promise to shop the film to other studios for distribution. Probably gonna end up with either Netflix or Paramount.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
The original Grimm's tales can get pretty dark, but I mostly attribute that to kids loving gory details. I remember once reading an autobiographical piece by... I think it was Maurice Sendak, who saw Disney's Snow White when he was a child and was absolutely disappointed when the evil queen wasn't made to dance to death in red-hot iron shoes.