Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I know the bar has been considerablely lowered, but it's still incredible to tell such an obvious lie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Macaluso posted:

Square is apparently notoriously hard to work with. I would not be surprised if they couldn't come to an agreement that Square was happy with instead of the other way around considering Disney was apparently on board with Sora in Smash from day one

It's still loving me up that it was SE and not Disney being the biggest roadblock for Sora getting into Smash.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Das Boo posted:

I can get taking bland corporate mascots serious because it's crazy easy to taint water, but it's wild that the lore-laden spiky sad boys are taken so deadly serious.
Cloud has spoken to Donald Duck and Lightning tried to sell me Prada. We're over the dork line here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-zuFjI-YnU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Zero One posted:

I don't remember hearing him in the trailer. However I did know he was in the movie because of the tie-in Jersey Mike's marketing campaign which featured his duck character in a Jersey Mike's store.

Well that explains the Jersey Mike commercials I've been seeing where he says it's his happy place.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Ghost Leviathan posted:

To be fair, that kinda did leave a huge obvious hole in the public consciousness that someone could probably fill.

It's a pretty proven pattern in pop culture, where a franchise's owners have hosed it up or abandoned it, then there's a morose fanbase up for grabs for the next best thing. Bonus points if you can get the original creators on board. Bloodstained Ritual of the Night, Rebel Moon, Death Stranding, even Palworld.

Hang on who does Palworld have?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Robindaybird posted:

iirc, Bob Hoskins admits to basically being plastered the entire time for the movie.

But yeah, you can't blame Nintendo after seeing Captain N, the Zelda cartoon, the CD-i games and the movie - kinda of like the urban legend of Miyazaki sending Disney a sword with the words "no cuts" emblazoned on it when Princess Mononoke was being dubbed given how badly Nausicaa was butchered into "Warriors of the Wind"

Excuse you The Zelda cartoon is a masterpiece

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Data Graham posted:

Clicked through to make sure this was what I thought it was

lol it was

I'll take any opportunity to post it cause I love it so much lol

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Lord Hydronium posted:

Seriously, the role of humans is done really well. They're never seen directly, but in every scene they're featured, their looming presence and the feel of terror is conveyed so well. The fire at the end is terrifying in how it's presented, practically apocalyptic, and works great to show how devastating humans are to this world.

I hadn't seen this since childhood and had forgotten how great it was. I think Pinocchio is still my top movie so far in this watch through, but Bambi is a close second.

I also haven't seen Bambi since I was a child and it was only once, but I can vividly recall the fire at the end. It's incredibly powerful imagery.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Unsurprisingly they are making a Super Mario Bros 2.

They just started and planning to release in USA on April 3rd 2026.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm still confused how get to a complete movie and then decide not to release it.

The movie is complete, right?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The Bad Guys 2 coming in August 2025 full cast returning

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1772702645116969451

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The_Doctor posted:

Anyway, legendary Parisian animation school Gobelins is using AI in its advertisements. :cripes:

https://twitter.com/kda_artist/status/1777374299571023953

This got a community note for those who missed it. The images came from a site made by the students of Gobelins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I never watched it, but I do agree with that one poster who said the cat looks bad.