Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

paradoxGentleman posted:

...wait, I thought Turning Red had come out already?

It did but now it's getting a brief theatrical run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Macaluso posted:

They aren't marketing them though of course so they're probably not gonna do great

Yea, Soul opened at #20 over the weekend which is real dire. Especially considering it played in 1,350 theaters. Honestly impressive to be that far down while playing in that many theaters.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The MSJ posted:

Zack does that because his movies tend to be long and the studio want them to be shorter for theaters. Which makes it weird that Netflix, who let Scorsese release a movie 5 hours long, tries to do the same thing

Netflix changed their mind. Snyder said in an interview that these days Netflix thinks that anything longer than 2 hours will dissuade viewers which is why he had to settle for two different cuts.

A dumb notion of course since folks will happily binge watch tv shows for far longer than that.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

When it comes to fandom, more and more people should start to say fandon't.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The only shipping I wanna hear about is the movie in which a dog has a robot shipped to his home!!

In all serious though it's annoying that Robot Dreams isn't getting a theatrical release before the Oscars. I've been seeing trailers for it in theaters that say it's "Coming Soon" but the Oscars aren't far off and that the trailer doesn't have a specific date makes me think it's gonna be out after the Oscars. Just feels like a missed opportunity since I dunno about everyone else but the main reason it's on my radar at all is because of that Best Animated nomination.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

mystes posted:

It is getting a very limited theatrical release right now

Yea. Mostly just frustrating to see constant trailers for it not knowing when it'll release wider. If at all! Since I've certainly seen my fair share of trailers out here for more niche movies that never got released within a reasonable driving distance - I'm still annoyed that I saw a bunch of trailers for the new Ernest and Celestine movie yet the closest theater playing it would have taken me a few hours to drive to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

MikeJF posted:

It was 10 episodes in season one, isn't it pretty common for them to just give things a 20 episode order off the bat and split them into two seasons for airing these days?

It's incredibly common these days to the point where it might as well be the standard practice.