Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Robindaybird posted:

I've been seeing ads for Migration and apparently it came out last year and I heard nothing about it until now.

I watched and enjoyed Migration. Illumination is often weak on story, but strong on gags and visuals and Migration is another example of that. Like, they seem to have some of the best artists in the business working for them (the backgrounds in Migration are genuinely gorgeous, and the character animation is top notch), but the plots are always an after thought that usually serve as a vague excuse to string together a series of jokes (or songs in the case of the Sing movies) as quickly and in as many different settings as possible.

And personally I'm perfectly fine with that, but I can understand people who want something more than "a Looney Tunes short, but there's a bunch of them strung together into an hour and thirty minutes" being disappointed.

The thing that surprised me most about Migration is that Danny Devito is in it, I don't think they advertised that at all? Or maybe I just didn't pay enough attention to the trailers, I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Oh I actually got kind of emotional reading this. That's a REALLY good sounding movie.

doomrider7 posted:

gently caress You Zaslav.

Agreed.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Das Boo posted:

Maybe it's not as fanciful, but "You're not going to get everything you want and that's okay." is a fine message. Monsters U did it well.

Monsters U is a frustrating movie for me because as much as I like that lesson and as much as I enjoyed watching it I just find it so hard to believe that not a single child in the world would find Mike Wazowski scary. That dude is built like a Beholder with spindly little clawed lizard legs! If I saw something like that skittering around my room I would run screaming out of my house and never return, anyone would! Saying Mike Wazowski wouldn't terrify a child if they saw him out of the corner of their eye on a dark night is like when movies try to pretend a conventionally attractive actress is ugly because she has a ponytail and glasses. Mike Wazowski isn't "not scary" he's "Hollywood not scary".

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The new episode of The Amazing Digital Circus is really good.