Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

JazzFlight posted:

Oh, I should mention that the human villain in Migration gave me total One Piece or maybe Popeye vibes. Mad respect to Illumination for having zero humans speak in the film too.

Iove that the villain was basically Salt Bae.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Alhazred posted:

Mutant Mayhem is pretty much the first good TMNT movie.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

I need to know where this is from.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Ccs posted:

Dumbo has the honor of being the movie that saved Disney. I don't know if the remake is any good but it is longer and i don't think I need to see a longer version of that story.

No

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Alan Smithee posted:

Getting his rear end beat in fight club

Getting shot in the head in panic room

Still can't decide which was the better role.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

gently caress You Zaslav.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Oh I actually got kind of emotional reading this. That's a REALLY good sounding movie.

Agreed.

I posted this on another forum, but if I was a share holder I'd have demanded his head on a pike for this gently caress-up. Movie sounds amazing and the release window would put it right on time for the holidays where there was little to no competition. If it had released on schedule it would've cleaned house hard.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

BreakPoint posted:

https://twitter.com/MaxCEEUpdates/status/1769778377542504644

Coyote Vs. ACME cancelled...OK, but this...why!!!

People won't stop posting and hate-watching. I also imagine it costs pennies on the dollar and they can market it as "mature animation" for some BS prestige.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Sir Lemming posted:

Except they absolutely will, and did. I'm pretty sure this was greenlit off pure hype and a whiff of controversy in the air before anyone in the general public even had a chance to see it. That one week or so of Twitter discourse was enough, because executives are dumber than you can imagine. I do not expect there to be a season 3.

God I hope you're right. I know the drop-off was quick and heavy, but there were some high numbers of hate watching that I HOPE is done and over with.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

mystes posted:

It seems pretty weird to make an r rated live action tmnt movie right after mutant mayhem

I wonder if that's the reason it's live action. To differentiate it further from the animated one.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Robindaybird posted:

that series is here Daphne being loaded got started.

I think Shaggy was the only one shown to have a normal middle-class house - Freddie's dad runs the equivalent of the Weekly World News, Velma's family is involved with NASA, the Doos have an extremely gaudy jewelled collar, and Daphne's so loaded that she's subscribed to a "Room of the Month" club

I remember some of the older series and the Boo Brothers movie imply that Shaggy was old money rich with an uncle of his owning a huge colonial house in one of the Harlem Globetrotters episodes.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Larryb posted:

There’s also an early version of Sleeping Beauty where the prince basically rapes her in her sleep and she wakes up carrying his child. Old fairytales are kind of hosed up and it’s actually a good thing most of them have been sanitized over time

This. I think the French version of Cinderella is about the only one you can tell verbatim as it's entirely tame. Grimm's one not so much.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Larryb posted:

I think the darkest thing about that one was one of the stepsisters cutting part of her foot off in order to fit into the slipper

Yeah that was super hosed up. As was the birds plucking their eyes out. By contrast the Disney version is drat near 1 to 1 of the French one except it's just one night ball and the slippers are glass and not gold.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

BioEnchanted posted:

Something interesting about the Greek myths is that they actually involve a secondary Goddess who doesn't get much discussion, Lyssa, the goddess of insanity. Whenever a God wants a mortal to be driven mad, they defer to HER skill to make it happen, so when the hunt goddess (at least I think it was Artemis, not sure) was spotted naked by the hunter who got ripped apart by his own dogs, it was Lyssa that Artemis asked to drive his dogs mad.

Similarly, Hera contracted Megara's murder at Herc's hands to Lyssa, but she initially didn't want to because Meg and the children did nothing wrong - she's fine with the others because it's the perpetrator dying a horrible death, the hunter shouldn't have peeped, Ajax the lesser shouldn't have assaulted Cassandra at Troy (doubly bad because he did it IN ATHENA'S TEMPLE causing one of her statues to fall in the struggle, so she was especially angry with him), but Megara's death was punishing Hercules which she considered unfair. She didn't want to spark a domestic abuse situation. She actually tried to get out of it by deferring to Isis, but Isis was like "Nah, do it, Hera outranks you." It was an especially lovely contract that she couldn't get out of.

That loving blows. It also makes a lot of DC stuff with Wonder Woman and Hercules super awkward and weird when you know the mythology behind some of the stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

BioEnchanted posted:

I actually learned about her from a Dynasty Warriors spinoff on 360 called "Warriors: Legends of Troy" - it also went into the hilarious actual start of the Trojan War.

Basically it all had it's real origin not in Paris and Helen, but in Aphrodite, Athena and Hera - they were having a tiff over who was the most beautiful of them, and they asked Zeus who was like "gently caress this, I'm out, this is a TRAP!" So they instead deferred to Paris, who stupidly gave his true opinion- he personally thought Aphrodite was the hottest. Problem is, he now has the favour of the Goddess of Love, but has just pissed off the Goddesses of Marriage and Warfare. Aphrodite introduces him to Helen as a thank you for flattering her, not caring that Helen is already married as she's basically shipping Paris and Helen at this point, and that angers Helen's husband. Paris now has an angry army on his doorstep, and the goddess of War is angry with him so he is doomed on THAT front, and the Goddess of Marriage is angry with him so him and Helen are doomed to fail as a couple. HUGE screwup there.

At least that's how the game presents it, it may be inaccurate.

No that's about right. The only thing missing is the cause of the argument which was Eris the Goddess of chaos and discord throwing in a golden apple marked for the most beautiful because they didn't invite her to their tea party.