Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!

mystes posted:

That's weird. I wonder why Netflix would do that

Oscar hype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!

Nerdietalk posted:

Whatever fandom gets up to doesn’t really bother me, but presenting it in anything official or official adjacent always makes me uncomfortable. Seems like there’s easier ways to thank your fans without adding a weird shame layer to it.

I dunno, I laughed when Helluva Boss called out their fanbase.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

Went to Target today and got to see an example what an enormous swing-and-miss Wish was for Disney. An entire section of the toy department filled with untouched merchandise from that movie.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

Ccs posted:

I think if Mufasa and a couple of the other already greenlit Disney remakes do well, we'll see more of them. But Disney has a new head of live action and when new executives come in they usually like to kill the babies of the former exec, and the former exec was the guy who shepherded through all these live action remakes. So if one of these flops I could see the exec taking that as a chance to make his own impression at the company. The future of the live action remakes are already on thin ice after Peter Pan and Wendy and Pinnochio being flops, and Little Mermaid making half of Lion King's gross.

My dream scenario is they stop with the remakes and greenlight a bunch of original fantasy stories that are also vfx heavy but not so beholden to previous stories.

I was sure heads would roll after the colossal Indiana Jones flop, but it seems nothing is going to come of that, so if DIsney hasn't done anything about their movie division yet I fear it'll never happen.