Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67vbA5ZJdKQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

The_Doctor posted:

It’s a shame they reveal at the end there’s voice actors, because I honestly would happily watch that without hearing a voice at all.

There’s no way that would get past corporate. Perhaps a fan cut.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

LifeLynx posted:

I said this in the Trailer thread, but the book series is a favorite in my family. I'm happy to find out this exists, it looks this incredible, and there are scenes in the trailer exactly as I pictured them from the first book. I never thought Dreamworks would be outdoing Disney/Pixar. Also it has Mark Hamill and Matt Berry, this is going to be great.

I haven’t read the books but I might get them for my kids. But the main question seems to be how much dialog the actual movie will have. How much dialog is in the book?

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
https://x.com/americanwombat/status/1768362843697721423?s=46&t=o0da3S1HhEfTruH8wgrGEA

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
lol who hires prompters who can’t also paint or have a paint team as well. Even an automated assembly line needs people to service the robots etc etc

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Das Boo posted:

I'm just gonna throw out that it's waaaaay loving harder and much more time consuming to tweak a flat image. Am I correct in assuming AI doesn't use layers?

Not yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Das Boo posted:

I'm just thinking of all the notes you get and it seems... impossible.

"Lighten the shadows 20%."
"We need this scene in daytime pallette A and sunset pallette C."
"Give me one with blue and one with purple lining and we'll choose."
"Add a terminator to the light from the windows."
"We need a 5-point and interior detail on that Jeep turn."
"That chair moves in scene 365, so make sure it's on a breakaway."
"Shot A is door closed and B is door destroyed with floor damage and debris."

Not to mention when your project has its own brush sets, drop-in assets, and you have to make repeating background assets that terminate on the same vanishing point. Working from a finished product on all that would be monstrous.

How long does it take to train a human from infancy until journey artist? Now give Ai dev that much time. That’s the scary part because the Ai never gets old and retires.