Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

The thing I remember most about Toy Story 4 is that the CGI looked ridiculously good, to the point it barely looked like a cartoon most of the time, which was actually a bit distracting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

It's possible to layer additional generations on top, which draw from the data of the layers below, depending on the tooling. So you can, say, lasso an area with people in it, prompt it as empty and (maybe) get a blob on an additional layer that has them removed.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

I don't hate generative AI as a technology. My anger sits where it always has, the billionaire class, who are trying to cram an interesting, possibly useful technology into every space with the express goal of making money above all else regardless of the damage it does. Also some AI artists can be extremely annoying with how full of themselves they are.

Some stuff made with AI stuff is can be neat and I've made some songs for myself as well as some art for a friend's restaurant in their GTA RP server (icons for food items etc), both of which I spent more time in audio/image editors than prompt engineering. The tools are quite terrible, not just in an incompetent way but because their functionality is usually geared for a creation process that's end-to-end generative AI. The most prominent AI music generators, both Suno and Udio, have an interface and "work" flow designed like Spotify, by default you ask it to generate the lyrics for you and this is how it's been sold too. There's a glowy Rolling Stone article with the CEO of Suno and nowhere in it do they even mention that you can supply lyrics, instead they see themselves as a ~new form of democratized music~ where everyone gets bland junk generated from filtered keywords they supply. Features that provide more control and intent are more an afterthought and I see the same approach across most of the AI image generators.

You can make art out of this stuff, you can with just about anything, but most don't try.

SCheeseman fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Apr 27, 2024