Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

oh i didn't realize there was a new thread all this time lol. also soul loving owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Shaocaholica posted:

How long does it take to train a human from infancy until journey artist? Now give Ai dev that much time.
No thanks

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

yea i'll give the AI devs time.... time to pack up and loving leave!!!!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

watching Star Wars Visions for the first time, not all of it tonight but i'll watch more later

The Duel (B-): sort of by the numbers as far as Kurosawa tributes go, but not bad, I didn't mind the CG either because they used it pretty effectively (I haven't seen it but I guess that Blue Eye Samurai is a rough equivalent here). not super memorable though

Tatooine Rhapsody (C): felt more like a pilot for a kids show than an anthology story. I mean it was cute, and the proportions of the characters made Boba Fett look suitably pathetic, but if it wasn't a Star Wars story, it'd be just sort of a bog standard sci-fi pilot about a band

The Twins (D+): a microcosm of Studio Trigger's pre-Meshi output: vibrant, loud, and aggressively mid.

The Village Bride (A): This is what I expected to see out of this anthology when I heard about it, something you wouldn't just get out of a mainline Star Wars production. it reminded me of Kino's Journey, and honestly, I would love a travelogue-style anime in the Star Wars universe, completely ignoring the grand plot in favor of exploring the various cultures of the galaxy.

The Ninth Jedi (A-): A solid mix of action and drama out of Production IG. felt the most like an authentic Star Wars story, and could have been a decent opening chapter to a first movie of a trilogy of its own, but I'm ok with Disney not milking yet another trilogy out of this. Also this makes me realize I would love a murder mystery Rokka/They Were Eleven style in the Star Wars universe

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

maybe the netflix version didn't have disdain for the original but they sure didn't seem to understand it, or the reasons people watched it