Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Since making him their trademark and logo, they're so locked down on Mickey never doing anything that might not align perfectly with their brand projection that I don't think there's any way they could do a decent long story with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It's not that Kingdom Hearts specifically is that huge, it's that Kingdom Hearts is deliberately designed to let them throw all their popular franchises into a big crossover.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The original showrunners have their own issues that have been talked about at length, but the way they pulled out of the live action show and the statement they put out had me assuming this would be bad four years ago.

That said, after the movie the bar's gonna be pretty low, people are going to celebrate it no matter what.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I feel like at this point they're demonstrably acting against the interests of their shareholders out of pettiness.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I've never seen a fandom rant that doesn't seem to be 'I want to complain about the show but I've latched into this because it's easier and I want to be above it all and not even acknowledge having watched the show'.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Rand Brittain posted:

Daisy is basically Donald except that she always manages to channel her rage into things that are kind of vaguely socially-acceptable, so that she comes across as a bit selfish but not actually insane the way Donald does.

One of the sadder bits of the new Ducktales being cut off when it was was that we only got a bit of Daisy and Donald, because they updated the dynamic in a really nice and less somewhat-problematic way while still feeling true to the characters, and it seemed like there was going to be a bit of depth there.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Larryb posted:

Has Jared Leto been good in anything come to think of it?

Blade Runner 2049?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

ThermoPhysical posted:

Velma was given a season 2 before season 1 even aired so it’s not really hate watching that did it. Just overzealous executives.

It was 10 episodes in season one, isn't it pretty common for them to just give things a 20 episode order off the bat and split them into two seasons for airing these days?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Macaluso posted:

The wedding bit didn't work for me at all, I don't find that particular character all that funny and I found myself checking my phone for the time when that was happening.

I've heard it said that the whole wedding bit was basically a little present for all the people who had take their kids to the movie and didn't care about this little CG critter.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Obviously this is much, much simpler and with much more advanced tools, but I'm kinda reminded of how in the later season of the Star Trek cartoon one of the ways you could tell that they were stepping up the animation a notch was stuff like 3D head swivelling. Like in this one, Rutherford, on the right: it's just a simple 'two guys facing the camera talking' moment, but the way his head is moving in three axis and the way his whole body follows all his motions is more than the kind of stuff they'd had before.

https://i.imgur.com/uHJkyWG.mp4

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Apr 18, 2024

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

There's even that weird shot of Voyager attacking the cube that only exists in that trailer for some reason, it's not even reused footage like the other stuff.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

That Twitter thread makes me worried because there's a lot of stuff in there that's already been passed. You can lock elements of generation to use the same seeds so those things come out the same. You can select areas of an image and call inpaint prompts on just that, both just to go 'have another go at this thing, it looks weird', or to regenerate it with a directed prompt on what to change/replace/remove or how you want it modified. Be wary, this stuff is moving fast.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Apr 27, 2024

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Also if it costs less to replace a team of digital artists with a half a dozen AI guys and one photoshop guy who does nothing but cleanups and tweaks, that's what they'll do and it'll still suck for artists.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

20ish episode orders are a common practice. Back in the day that would be one season. These days it's often spaced out to two, but they still order the same amount of episodes at the start.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Apr 28, 2024

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Nikumatic posted:

we are finally gonna get to see on screen and in live action why garbage wanted to kill his family

The plot summaries released so far imply that Scar and Mufasa aren't actually even brothers, Mufasa was an orphan and rescued by Scar's family.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Apr 30, 2024

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Larryb posted:

There’s also an early version of Sleeping Beauty where the prince basically rapes her in her sleep and she wakes up carrying his child. Old fairytales are kind of hosed up and it’s actually a good thing most of them have been sanitized over time

My understanding is that that's from the Giambattista Basile versions of the tale, which are deliberately dark and melancholy, and probably not part of the more common folklore version before that.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It should be acknowledged that with Greek mythology, two things: first, they were very much living stories and varied over time and in telling a great deal, and second, the most major source for modern popular consciousness is Ovid's Metamorphoses. Ovid was Roman, and he seems to have deliberately darkened up a lot of the stories in his re-telling, adding elements that emphasized the cruelty of the gods.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 21:38 on May 1, 2024

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Creepy-rear end squirrel plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Kingtheninja posted:

I'll the one to ask what the squirrel plot is? I remember characters being turned into animals but nothing specific.

There's a very horny lady squirrel who wants to get it on with Arthur and Arthur is like 'um no' and she doesn't care and Merlin is like 'oh ho ho ho' and very much 'sorry kid no means yes!'

Then they turn back into humans and she goes and cries to herself heartbroken.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 15:28 on May 9, 2024