Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Macaluso posted:

That loony tunes movie is a movie that's... coming out? This year? And isn't being canceled?

well I wouldn't get ahead of myself on that last one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

mycot posted:

It's just DLC but for movies.

It did feel like an early access steam title.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Data Graham posted:

Clicked through to make sure this was what I thought it was

lol it was

100% same

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
There's definitely something harmful about how some people over-identify with their media consumption but at the same time its not exactly a mystery why people form communities around the stories they like.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
We could quibble about "relentlessly" but Man of Steel has definitely been referenced by later films. Comparison gifs come up in the Snyder thread ever so often.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
The Transformers One trailer does look pretty nice but I really don't care for that brand of humor.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

MikeJF posted:

That Twitter thread makes me worried because there's a lot of stuff in there that's already been passed. You can lock elements of generation to use the same seeds so those things come out the same. You can select areas of an image and call inpaint prompts on just that, both just to go 'have another go at this thing, it looks weird', or to regenerate it with a directed prompt on what to change/replace/remove or how you want it modified. Be wary, this stuff is moving fast.

TBH one of my takeaways from Late Night With the Devil was how many people didn't notice the terrible art until it was pointed out to them.

It might not matter if it doesn't produce work that's not dog poo poo, so long as its good enough for the audience that doesn't pay attention.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

paradoxGentleman posted:

Jasper and Horace are such archetypical villain mooks. One tall and skinny, one short and chubby; both of them by and large charmingly incompetent.

I love them.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

With Cruella they make a pretty classic comic villain trio. And I think the occasional menace is helped by them being idiot bullies who fawn towards anyone with the slightest amount of power over them, and relish the chance to exercise the slightest power over anything else.

They became pretty influential in anime, in a similar way that Dick Dastardly was. You can draw a pretty clearly line from Cruella, Jasper and Horace to Yatterman's Doronjo and co. and then on to Pokemon's Team Rocket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

BioEnchanted posted:

Something I do like about Sword in the Stone (and this extends to Bedknobs and Broomsticks with Substitutiary Locomotion) is that it makes Merlin's magic seem powerful because of how difficult it is to control.

Similarly, I feel like there might be something to gleam comparing Maleficent and Madam Mim's respective dragon transformations. They both perform the same magic, but while Maleficent purposeful and deliberate in her use of satanic powers, Madam Mim is more spontaneous. She's just playing around, and that seems to afford the latter more sympathy.