Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Nikumatic posted:

I thought the first one was kind of cute and have never felt compelled to seek out anything further.

All 3 are really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Robindaybird posted:

didn't 2 have the utterly aisine 'no family is complete without a mom' message?

I don't think so, but also I don't remember any of the movies having any sort of message lol. The tagline for the trailer for 2 is literally "Gru's back with cool cars, gadgets, and weapons!" It's not Faulkner.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Regalingualius posted:

I never watched anything since DM2, so I’m just wondering: did Gru’s wife get sidelined after their marriage?

Nah she's still a working agent and plays a big part in 3

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Rebel Moon did great by all measurements last I heard, despite the twitter weirdos.

It had very high engagement but not in the sort of way where you'd expect any sort of sustainable success or people coming back for the sequel. Both the audience and critic scores for it were bad.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
More sequels

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Watched Brave for the first time. Overall I found it very pretty and a generally charming movie. There was some odd incongruity between the level of detail in the characters' hair versus their skin. Like the hair could hold up to any animated hair today, but the skin looked very flat and textureless. The story was simple compared to what I expect from Pixar, right down to the very trope-y "you have until [time] or the spell becomes permanent!" But I don't mind simple, the relationship between mother/daughter was very sweet.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

MacheteZombie posted:

Migration was cute but forgettable

Yeah it was a very basic family roadtrip comedy, enjoyable enough but nothing special

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Feeling extremely ehhhhhhhhhhhhh about this one

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The 7th Guest posted:

oh i didn't realize there was a new thread all this time lol. also soul loving owned

Yeah so much of this thread dislikes Soul but I loved it, the music was incredible

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I watched Wish on the plane last week and it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. It only had one good song imo, and the whole plot felt very rushed/half-baked, but there were still some fun scenes. I expected it to be terrible based on the trailers and reviews, but it was instead just mediocre.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

YggiDee posted:

why has everyone decided that the hatewatchers made Velma happen vs every other time a bad show gets more seasons. many more people just like bad shows

The original order was for two seasons so unless they've announced it's being picked up for more seasons I don't think we can say either way what effect the hate watchers had

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Das Boo posted:

After Wish, I too would be terrified of breaking my dark blood contract with him.

Seriously, the wish soundtrack is so sad. My younger one asked to listen to it yesterday even though he hasn't seen the movie, just to see how it was. It's incredible how boring and forgettable every song is. It especially struck me with "This is the Thanks I Get," what an absolute dud of a villain song. We listened to "Be Prepared" immediately after just to remember how good Disney once was.