Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
That loony tunes movie is a movie that's... coming out? This year? And isn't being canceled? Where's the advertisements for the movie? Where's the marketing? Even if that's not out til the very end of the year, that post should not be the first I'm hearing of this film

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

readingatwork posted:

See also: Luca and Soul

Which is good because they all deserved it.

They aren't marketing them though of course so they're probably not gonna do great

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Turning Red immediately became my favorite Pixar movie and I want that movie to do well so I can get more Turning Reds :saddowns:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Nightmare Cinema posted:

HOW DO YOU NOT DO KINGDOM HEARTS AS THE ANNIVERSARY MOVIE???

Disney's allergic to money.

Square is apparently notoriously hard to work with. I would not be surprised if they couldn't come to an agreement that Square was happy with instead of the other way around considering Disney was apparently on board with Sora in Smash from day one

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

For the record the Frozen world in KH3 rules because they had the gall to put the entire like 3 minutes of Let It Go in the game

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

The Prime youtube channel did upload the first episode for free, gives a decent idea for if it's your cup of tea or not. I think if you enjoy Adam, you'll probably enjoy the rest of the show. If you find Adam super obnoxious and unfunny, the Vivziepop shows aren't really gonna be your thing.

Although the songs so far are pretty good regardless of how you feel about the humor in the shows. "Loser, Baby" is one of the catchiest songs I've heard in years

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Regalingualius posted:

…So apparently a Sandy-based SpongeBob movie just leaked.

I haven't watched it, don't really have a ton of interest either, but it's just full on the entire movie. Someone is going to be getting into some big trouble there

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I think it makes perfect sense they didn't announce that until today, because Disney had something else they had to also announced today and the two will surely tie in together:

https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/status/1755340465879101886
https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1755341531005722944

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

ookiimarukochan posted:

it's allegedly a reworking of the first few episodes of the TV show they announced 4 years ago, which may have been scrapped (or this could be like with the Clone Wars movie/TV show)

Oh this is gonna be real bad

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Someone has gotta go in there and leak this movie, it is absurd they made a whole rear end movie and are just going to throw it away

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Sam Haft also does the songs for Helluva Boss, which aren't quite on the same level, although the two he did for the Mammon episode are pretty top notch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfwJL5hd3CQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9HyDRpJrsw

It should also be noted that a lot of (all?) of the score for Hazbin Hotel is done by Gooseworx, the person behind The Digital Circus

edit: Also if you're interested, there's a thread for Hazbin Hotel/Helluva Boss: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4036125

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I like that they went to the trouble of making the Despicable Me 4 logo look all melty and lovely as if it was AI generated (a task that was ironically probably done by hand)

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

CelticPredator posted:

I was curious what the tv iv thread was saying about this and they spent the last few pages talking about someone’s fan fiction so idk lol

It's really not worth talking about to be completely honest. It's tragic someone committed suicide because of others in a fandom being bullies, but most of the discourse is going to be a sea of Hazbin/Viv haters who care less about a person died and more that they feel vindicated of their hate for the show and Viv. It's the same thing as the Steven Universe suicide.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Aces High posted:

There's a new Kung-fu Panda coming out?!?! Is it going to be animated in the way the recent DreamWorks movies have been? Because if so it is going to look loving amazing

It doesn't look like Puss in Boots or The Bad Guys but the animation in the trailer certainly looked like a step up from the previous movies, which already look great

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I have heard nothing but good things about the Penguins of Madagascar. Show and characters. Do not gently caress with those penguins.

I don't think the show is very good, but I also think 99% of shows based on movies are terrible. The Tangled series is a weird exception but I think all the Dreamworks shows absolutely suck.

Penguins is really hurt by the voice actor changes. I cannot stand the choice they made for Kawalski's voice, they made no attempt to get a soundalike.

Penguins of Madagascar the movie though is like top 5 Dreamworks movies, it loving rules

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Looks great. Gorgeous animation. Disney step it the gently caress up

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

GateOfD posted:

saw the trailer for a new garfield movie.

with Chris Pratt as garfield and he sounds exactly like how he voiced Mario, meaning how really doing any voice work at all

It's a bummer because I think otherwise it looks like a perfectly fine Garfield movie. But Chris Pratt just doesn't work as his voice. This sounds like deja vu after saying the same about Mario and then him actually being perfectly fine, but I don't think I'm gonna have the same change of heart as I did with Mario

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I'm in a weird camp where I like Monsters U more than I liked Monsters Inc

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Breetai posted:

How is the age appropriateness of the trolls movies? Are they something that's pretty much just geared towards kids, or is this something that adults can enjoy as well?

I mean, I'm 37 and I think the Trolls movies are all absolutely delightful, but I also like the whole vibe they're going for and the colors and all the pink and blah blah. I'm sure there are plenty of adults out there that would watch Trolls and want to throw up

The biggest joy of those movies to me is how hard they stick to the aesthetic they're going for. Like as an example, I'm struggling to think of any point where there's actual water. There's stuff that looks like water but its textures are like satin, or beads or something. There's some mud at some points in the first movie, and in the third movie there's a guy with a mop spreading around some kind of silver liquid at one point, but otherwise it all sticks very hard to this scrapbook look or things being made of sheets or carpet or plastic. There's rolling hills in a desert represented by folded blankets. There's a jungle where everything is made out of like straws and inflatable leaf balloons. Waterfalls are always those long glittery plastic strands. The rock stuff in the second movie has a "scrapbook but if it was by a metalhead" thing about it with the stitching and freyed edges on everything. I think those movies are stunning

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Larryb posted:

Of course, even if Hanks dies they could just have his brother take over the role like he has in other projects like KH3 (there’s a few decent Buzz soundalikes waiting in the wings if they lose Tim Allen as well)

This is only related to the KH3 thing, but my jaw is still on the floor over the soundalike they got for Sully in the Monsters Inc world. At no point did I question that that wasn't John Goodman.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Live action, unfortunately

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Live action is a toxic plague that we have let run rampant for far too long

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

TwoPair posted:

I don't know what you're talking about, I can't wait for whatever James Marsden's subplot in Sonic 3 will be :v:

Sonic gets a pass because I love Sonic

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

The wedding bit didn't work for me at all, I don't find that particular character all that funny and I found myself checking my phone for the time when that was happening.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

BioEnchanted posted:

I'm getting around to Wish just so that I've actually seen it, and at least despite a half-baked plot it does have some decent songs, like I'm enjoying "Knowing what I know now", it has a cool rhythm. It reminds me of the best song from Smallfoot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVcwpMsU58g

Smallfoot is a movie that has really grown on me. I still don't think it's amazing, and I think the style of the movie is really uninspired, especially when you see the concept art. But I think several of the songs are really good, Let It Lie being the standout. But Perfection is really good and catchy and I just didn't know Channing Tatum could sing. Zendaya is a perfect goddess who can do anything so Wonderful Life is a good song too. And man that credits song is an absolute bop. The human character singing Under Pressure is a really bad song though.

It's such a weird movie cause like there are elements of the movie that are extremely good, like the music, but it's held back by things like character design being really boring. And there's also a character in the movie whose entire role is to be an annoying dipshit idiot but like even his friends in the movie hate him so it's like why are you in this movie? I felt a similar way to the long legged freak Troll in Trolls 2 that is just suddenly in the movie, although the movie doesn't have everyone hate her. It was more "who are you and why are you here". This is arguably worse because the character just sucks and all the characters agree he sucks so why is he in the movie

I mean "Cause even if they hear of these atrocities, the only thing strong than fear is curiosity" is a fire line

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I just watched the trailer for this Transformers movie and i'm one again baffled at the reception it seems to be getting in the comments and on twitter. It looks good to me?? What about the movie looks bad?? That all seemed really fun to me, and the animation looks good.

The only bad thing about the movie wasn't even the movie itself, but the way the trailer was cut. It was 3 minutes of record scratches and that sucked, but the actual comedy shown in the trailer seemed fine and felt very 80s goofy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Storks is good