Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Alhazred posted:

Oh, god. The puke scene in TMNT: Mutant Mayhem.

Are we approaching Team America levels here?

Chicken Run 2: Electric Boogaloo is pretty much the worst Aardmann animation, and I would classify it as middling-to-bad. There's nothing here that isn't outshined by what they did in the original, and the best I can say about it is that there are one or two amusing set-pieces (that sadly lack the connective tissue for me to give a poo poo about them), and at least they didn't invite the insane racist back for this one as apparently Hollywood is casting him in poo poo now because studio execs are cowards at best. But I digress. Ultimately it's an entirely skippable film which is a disappointment as Aardmann clearly can do a 'continuing adventures of these characters' film well as evidenced by W&G.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Somebody pass an art preservation law so if you want to write a movie off you may do so, but you must also make it available in the public domain.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Larryb posted:

Off the subject apparently Megamind dropped both a sequel and a 8 episode series on Peacock recently that contains basically none of the original voice cast. Is any of it worth checking out at all (most reviews so far seem to be panning it pretty hard)?

Last I saw it had a solid 0% critic reviews on rotten tomatoes.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
I don't think I've seen an animated movie trailer that has made me immediately dismiss a film quite as quickly as the trailer for The Tiger's Apprentice. It's just... spectacularly gently caress-ugly. Like... Its art style is just completely uninspired in an age where we have fantastic stuff like spiderverse, nimona, and puss in boots pushing the boundaries of animation and sporting distinctive art styles and here's something that looks like a videogame cutscene rendered on a 5 year old video card.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
How is the age appropriateness of the trolls movies? Are they something that's pretty much just geared towards kids, or is this something that adults can enjoy as well?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
In a nod to realism re: rat physiology, Splinter is actually just a gigantic sentient mobile tumour that looks like a rat, with the actual dead irradiated rat attached to the small of his back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
We watched Raya and The last Dragon for the first time last night. It was definitely a slightly better than middle of the road romp that was elevated by some very pretty visuals, but one of the things that really stood out to me was the fight sequences.

Never thought I'd see a Disney princess straight up punch somebody in the face with a haymaker and get hit in the face in turn, and the end fight sequence where they're going at it with weapons is genuinely well choreographed but also stands out because they are trying to absolutely murder each other.