Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
As a poster way long ago pointed out, its very funny that the Truest Detective in this season is Pete. He's literally the only person doing police work here.

I think John Hawkes is a great actor but I think he was horribly misused in this season. He oozes pathos and hurt and it doesn't....jive with whatever they're trying to do with him. When they had him ludicrously standing waiting for his Russian bride... that was almost from a different show. It would fit more in with the absurdity of Season 2 maybe - there's no way to view that other than hilarious. He's grinning ear to ear about his mail in bride a scene earlier and she doesn't show while he holds a box of chocolates or whatever. What the hell?

I like the show though for the most part. Excited to be mildly disappointed by the finale!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

For the last 4 episodes or so I’ve felt pretty confident Pete is gonna end up dead (the one earnest, well-meaning person who doesn’t have blood on his hands, well, didn’t) but now I’m not so sure after the shooting.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

Cranappleberry posted:

colin farrell is a silly boy. also 7 psychopaths is good

One thing I believe is that Farrell was cursed with good looks because it took him away from his true calling: Being a really funny character actor

As he gets older, the more he can grow into that