Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Edward Mass posted:

I though Kawalimus got stronger from people puffing up the Ravens?

Ravens slander leads to Ravens posting leads to Kawa achieving his final form

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Relentlessboredomm posted:

when's the last time both #1 seeds lost in the divisional round?

at the beginning of the year 2022 joe burrow was sacked nine times by the #1 tennessee titans and defeated them. then the san francisco 49ers defeated #1 MVP aaron rodgers by scoring no offensive touchdowns

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Cavauro posted:

then the san francisco 49ers defeated #1 MVP aaron rodgers by scoring no offensive touchdowns

Good times.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Cavauro posted:

at the beginning of the year 2022 joe burrow was sacked nine times by the #1 tennessee titans and defeated them. then the san francisco 49ers defeated #1 MVP aaron rodgers by scoring no offensive touchdowns

lmao i forgot about both of those beautiful memories

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Relentlessboredomm posted:

lmao i forgot about both of those beautiful memories

i completely forgot that the titans had the one seed one year. that whole loving year is a blur

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
how the gently caress did the titans get the one seed?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Despera posted:

there's what look like some well deserved wins in there. hot take but i think they shouldn't have traded aj loving brown for peanuts

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a year of filler episodes

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
On the drive to work I was thinking about how the Texans got this far, and who they beat in their division and I absolutely couldn't remember who the fourth team in their division was after the Jags and Colts. This is how incredibly bland and forgettable the Titans are

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Despera posted:

You ever watch Gilligans Island?

The Titans were Gilligan

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
^lol

That titans year they were the most injured team or close to it too. Goes a long way in people thinking vrabel is a good coach I imagine

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Chiefs: “we can’t afford Tyreek Hill”

Titans: “we can’t afford AJ Brown”

Top WRs are not a luxury, you can and must make room for them

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Henry was injured half the year too. Offense was functional since AJ Brown was still there and the OL was still decent.

Weirdly the Titans started off strong the next year and then loving dovetailed into what they are now.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
It's the second half of January and the Detroit Lions are still playing football.

Cavauro posted:

Man that was a wild Divisional Round. Same weekend had that Bucs-Rams shootout and the OT Bills-Chiefs game.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

The Puppy Bowl posted:

If you don't want Lamar to shatter Joe Montana's Superbowl run records I don't know what to tell you. Saturday going to be fun as hell.

I want Lamar to shatter Joe Montana's pelvis the week before the Super Bowl. I don't care how, use your imagination.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

AndrewP posted:

Yeah, that really feels like the big lesson from this season; it doesn't matter how good your QB is if the people around him are unable to do anything with what he gives them

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1747236250736595250?s=46

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Gonna join the cast of sunny.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mega64 posted:

Henry was injured half the year too. Offense was functional since AJ Brown was still there and the OL was still decent.

Weirdly the Titans started off strong the next year and then loving dovetailed into what they are now.

Lol somebody made that gigantic thread for Henry's return and then it just got flooded with Bengals fans going "Joe"

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I think the Texans are the most favorable matchup for us we could have drawn mainly because we have a top pass D and rush thanks to some insane late FA luck. And our run D is kind of middling and inconsistent. Not that the Texans aren't capable of an upset. But it should be an interesting game and if we do win will be nice to see us at home in an AFC Championship game.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i would like for the texans to win, but i fear that they will lose. because i think the ravens will win the super bowl.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

lobster shirt posted:

i would like for the texans to win, but i fear that they will lose. because i think the ravens will win the super bowl.

I've said in other threads I believe it is the Ravens destiny to lose this Superbowl. Unless GB or Tampa can somehow make it through.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
In my opinion the Lions and Ravens will meet in the Super Bowl and then one of them will win.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

MJeff posted:

In my opinion the Lions and Ravens will meet in the Super Bowl and then one of them will win.

Lions are better draw than 49ers but still probable loss. It is an EXTREMELY valuable SB win though if we can get it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Lol I know weird stuff happens when teams play each other twice in one year but Kawa I gotta tell you, our defense has not improved since the last time the Ravens played the Lions.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Very sad that we don't get to see 2,000 more shots of Jason Kelce in the rest of the playoffs.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
This was Kelce's last chance to get a second ring and not be the inferior brother. I hope he can find some solace knowing his parents hate him now. 😞

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

MJeff posted:

Lol I know weird stuff happens when teams play each other twice in one year but Kawa I gotta tell you, our defense has not improved since the last time the Ravens played the Lions.

I enjoy having CJGJ back but man there's a gulf between quality of smack talk and quality of play

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I think best case for the Ravens is Stanley does kind of what Bryant McKinnie did in 2012. We have a Matt Birk that's Tyler Linderbaum. We have a not-quite Marshall Yanda that's Kevin Zeitler. But that's balanced out by Morgan Moses being better than Oher. John Simpson is the Oher. So we have the pieces there to replicate a great o-line run that made 2012 happen. Plus there's Mekari who is a great fill-in type player. And Ben Cleveland has looked good late in the season so there's another factor.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

lobster shirt posted:

i would like for the texans to win, but i fear that they will lose.

I am the same but opposite. Truly mankind contains such incredible multitudes. Like diamond dust strewn across the beach.

Johnny

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

:hmmyes:

I'm pretty optimistic about the Ravens because, unlike 2019, this offense has a lot of different pitches. Also the goal line stuff has been extremely good this year with the unbalanced line and now this Leak play they seem to love.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Texans fans have been happy ever since there was a chance we could just have a winning record. There's so much house money I feel like Tony Montana

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

AndrewP posted:

The Chiefs won a SB without Hill and just beat the Dolphins for the second time this season and the reason they did was largely because Trent McDuffie was a stud in both games and he was drafted literally because we got rid of Hill so I'm not entirely sure how that is a lesson of any kind?

Also ain't nobody rooting for the Chiefs this weekend, us vs the world chalkboard material engaged lol

This is going to be a great weekend of games regardless though.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The Chiefs traded Tyreek Hill while having Patrick Mahomes. The Titans traded AJ Brown while having Ryan Tannehill. Those are two very different scenarios.

The Chiefs don't need a true blue #1 WR, they just need a group of guys that don't give up on half their routes and catch balls that hit them in the chest. Besides Kelce, they have maybe one guy like that in Rice?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

the Chiefs don’t “need” Hill but they will never be as scary as they were with him

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Toney needs to be on every draft bust list.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The worst defense left in the playoffs is the Lions, right? They literally squeaked by the Rams by 1 point.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Jason Kelce's numbers are unreal for a sixth round pick

and somehow managed to win over the Swifties who prefer him to Travis. Yeah he's got a media career ahead of him for sure. Best to retire now before you get a serious injury. Ride the wave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Android Apocalypse posted:

The worst defense left in the playoffs is the Lions, right? They literally squeaked by the Rams by 1 point.

23 points doesn't seem like a bad effort against the Rams to me.