Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Android Apocalypse posted:

The worst defense left in the playoffs is the Lions, right? They literally squeaked by the Rams by 1 point.

Packers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

rip to a real one

kiimo posted:

Jason Kelce's numbers are unreal for a sixth round pick

no one but Brandon Thorne is grinding center tape, but Jason is an easy HoF pick. Probably

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

no one but Brandon Thorne is grinding center tape, but Jason is an easy HoF pick. Probably

6x All-Pro, a ring, and no missed games ever is a slam dunk first-ballot.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Android Apocalypse posted:

News:

Views:
First seeds come out to play... on Saturday?

why are the games so early

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

indigi posted:

why are the games so early

That's the correct time

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
We need to stop letting the pacific time zone "people" make the GDTs. It's making them think they matter.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

MJeff posted:

We need to stop letting the pacific time zone "people" make the GDTs. It's making them think they matter.

In that case I will stop posting until next season

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Wrong thread

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
This is making headlines in the UK today:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/rugby-star-louis-rees-zammit-enters-nfls-international-player-pathway-program

quote:

Louis Rees-Zammit, a 22-year-old Welsh rugby player who was viewed as having a very bright future in that sport, has instead decided to try to make it in the NFL.

Rees-Zammit announced today that he is joining the NFL’s international player pathway program, which gives promising athletes training in American football with the involvement of NFL scouts. After the 10-week program, Rees-Zammit will be eligible for the 2024 NFL draft, and if he’s not drafted he can sign as an undrafted free agent.

He’s a talented player, and pretty young, but surely no team is gonna spend a draft pick or a roster place on this instead of a college player with similar attributes who, you know, actually knows how to play the game.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Answers Me posted:

This is making headlines in the UK today:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/rugby-star-louis-rees-zammit-enters-nfls-international-player-pathway-program

He’s a talented player, and pretty young, but surely no team is gonna spend a draft pick or a roster place on this instead of a college player with similar attributes who, you know, actually knows how to play the game.

Worked for Jordan Mailota

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I had to listen to some of the games and after watching the highlights...:staredog: holy poo poo there was a lot of top tier highlight reel plays.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Worked for Jordan Mailota

Yeah but I assume Rees-Zammit will try to be a receiver or a running back a la Christian Wade, who was pretty good at “here’s the ball, run that way” but not much else.

He’ll have a higher ceiling than Wade, but I’m skeptical a skills position player can get over the crazy steep learning curve of not having played the game until your twenties.

Every punter should be an Aussie Rules player though. That I can get behind.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Answers Me posted:

Yeah but I assume Rees-Zammit will try to be a receiver or a running back a la Christian Wade, who was pretty good at “here’s the ball, run that way” but not much else.

He’ll have a higher ceiling than Wade, but I’m skeptical a skills position player can get over the crazy steep learning curve of not having played the game until your twenties.

Every punter should be an Aussie Rules player though. That I can get behind.
Yeah, it seemed pretty clear from seeing Wade in preseason that he was more than physically capable of playing running back, he just didn't know how to play running back. Modern football, especially at the NFL level, is just so technically and schematically sophisticated that having to learn literally everything from the ground up is a huge handicap.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
https://twitter.com/nick_underhill/status/1747323690008899843

Mass chaos

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

How long until Pete ends up in Denver

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

How long until Pete ends up in Denver

Next flight is in three hours soooooo

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

a neat cape posted:

That's the correct time

Oh I didn't realize. man early games must stink for west coast fans

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

indigi posted:

a couple games per year starting at 6am is worth the trade off of every primetime game being over by 9. I don't think I can go back to east coast time having lived in both, watching football from 10am to 9pm rules

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

gently caress yes

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

indigi posted:

They're actually perfect. Nobody cares about the London games so I never watch those. It's RedZone or my local bar from 10 to 8pm every weekend. It rules

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
If you are not up by 6am 10am you are too young to be a goon anyway. Who would want to watch football at 10pm? Way too late.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I'm in EST and I hate watching games till like 11:00 or however late they go because I want to be in bed by then.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
By 10 am I've already been up for at least 2 hours so it's no skin off my back to tune into the early games. And most of the time I don't care about the morning games anyway so I just run errands until the Hawks play and then catch the highlights later.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I like spending the morning doing busywork so when I'm Ready For Some Football I've already done a bunch of things

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

indigi posted:

I like spending the morning doing busywork so when I'm Ready For Some Football I've already done a bunch of things

I do too, but I'm an adult so I wake up and can do them before 10

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Febreeze posted:

a couple games per year starting at 6am is worth the trade off of every primetime game being over by 9. I don't think I can go back to east coast time having lived in both, watching football from 10am to 9pm rules

It's infinitely better. Wake up, eat breakfast, walk the dog, time for Football.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah as an east-coaster I was dreading the 8pm kickoff last night, i usually skip the second half of night games. I wake up at 4:30 to go to the gym so once it starts hitting 11pm and I'm still up the chance of me sleeping in skyrockets.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
8 PM kickoff when you gotta get up at 6 does suck big rear end, that is very true.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Texans +9 is a crazy betting line. Vegas is going to get a lot of takers on that.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
you morning people disgust me, im quickly nearing 40 and im rarely out of bed on the weekends before 10am

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Febreeze posted:

I do too, but I'm an adult so I wake up and can do them before 10

I’m not waking up at 5am on a Sunday lol. that's not adult poo poo that's grandpa poo poo

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I'm in EST and I hate watching games till like 11:00 or however late they go because I want to be in bed by then.

Yeah, especially having spent most of my early life in the CST, EST just feels unreasonably late for everything.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I don’t like staying up late for the ending of night games, but 1PM EST starts on Sundays means I can wake up by 8 and get all sorts of life poo poo done before the glory of RedZone starts, and I can devote all my attention to that and :jpmf: GDT action with my posting friends.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i like the 8 pm est kickoffs because my kids are asleep by then and i can watch the games more or less uninterrupted

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

indigi posted:

I’m not waking up at 5am on a Sunday lol. that's not adult poo poo that's grandpa poo poo

Just have kids and sleep no longer has meaning.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Mustached Demon posted:

Just have kids and sleep no longer has meaning.

Yeah I was gonna say, just lol at the idea of having any control over what time the tiny terrorists awaken you

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Did this somehow not get posted? It might be in another thread.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2Kj3gAOT2I/?igsh=NTV0anNuZ201bGhl

dude's like "fine, I'm out anyway." like no buddy you aren't being asked to leave, you're going to the clink

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
every year that passes i am more thankful to have never had children. god bless languishing in bed whenever im not at work

is there any weirdness with the broadcasts for this weekend or are we back to normal NBC/ABC/Fox ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

No streaming-only shenanigans this week.