Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I'm OK with the PST times being a bit early because it means I can just let the DVR run (why is that still a thing) and ignore social media while I get some poo poo done. Then I can watch the game without commercials and catch up by the end of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
All games will be streaming on Paramount+ exclusively

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

can someone explain to me how the bills are the favorites for their game? the bills are on like lb5 and lb6 now, so i don't see how they're going to be able to stop kelce and rice going nuts in the middle of the field.

furthermore, the chiefs have proven their defense is good. i get the bills' offense is good too, and i expect them to score, but i don't see how they can stop the chiefs at all. the bills couldn't stop the steelers for the most part either. the steelers just turned the ball over constantly in the first half. when the steelers and rudolph got their head on straight, they were moving the ball well.

i just don't see how mahomes is not going to carve them up for like 35pt.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Probably because the Chiefs still haven't fixed their issues of shooting themselves in the foot with penalties and dropped passes. Somehow. loving still.

Also the Bills are going to be an INSANE environment.

I still think you're right about the Chiefs' defense being really good and the Bills defense being really really injured. But Josh is going to go super saiyan and it will feel like a lot of payback for 13 SECONDS.

(Chiefs to win is my bet)

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The bills are at home.
The bills have a better offense.
The bills have a better defense.

Hope this helps.

E: whoops, chiefs have better D. They are 2nd, bills are 4th.

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jan 16, 2024

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I mean, it's only a 3 point spread right now and Bills could carve up KC for that many points as well. Probably going to be a good game (fast forward to a blow out).

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

abelwingnut posted:

i just don't see how mahomes is not going to carve them up for like 35pt.

the Chiefs spent most of this season averaging about 20 points per game, I don't know what's suddenly going to right the ship on a cold night in Orchard Park

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I lived in Houston until I was 26.

I've lived on the West Coast since then - 10 years now.

PST is infinitely better than CST. EST has to be brutal - y'all don't realize what you are missing.

The only time I've found that it sucks is for Formula 1. I have to get up at 5 am for some of the European races.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

well, this version of the bills defense is not the version from three/two/one month(s) ago. i don't think you can look at any sort of ranking based on this season's stats. again, they're massively injured across the board right now and couldn't stop the steelers yesterday. it does not look good.

meanwhile, the chiefs seemed to figure out their offense this past weekend, in conditions that were far worse than what buffalo's forecasted will be. if mahomes can now trust rice, that opens all sorts of doors. pacheco has been fantastic as well.

i mean, yea, i get allen can go unstoppable at any point, but that doesn't fix the defense. and the chiefs looked good.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

abelwingnut posted:

can someone explain to me how the bills are the favorites for their game?

They aren't really favorites. Historically, home field is usually worth about 3 points so Vegas likely views the game as very even.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

abelwingnut posted:

well, this version of the bills defense is not the version from three/two/one month(s) ago. i don't think you can look at any sort of ranking based on this season's stats. again, they're massively injured across the board right now and couldn't stop the steelers yesterday. it does not look good.

meanwhile, the chiefs seemed to figure out their offense this past weekend, in conditions that were far worse than what buffalo's forecasted will be. if mahomes can now trust rice, that opens all sorts of doors. pacheco has been fantastic as well.

i mean, yea, i get allen can go unstoppable at any point, but that doesn't fix the defense. and the chiefs looked good.

yeah all it took was playing a defense featuring eli apple and a bunch of guys who got signed four days earlier

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Good defenses aren't a real thing these days either, especially on the road

Chiefs will score like 24 points because that's what they do, Bills will win if Allen limits the turnovers and lose if he doesn't

wyoak fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jan 16, 2024

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

trilljester posted:

All games will be streaming on Paramount+ exclusively

Wild card round on Peacock.
Divisional round on Paramount+.
Championship round on Disney+.
Super Bowl on Tubi, where the algorithm decides to play an ad over a game-winning FG attempt.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Parallax posted:

yeah all it took was playing a defense featuring eli apple and a bunch of guys who got signed four days earlier

This is very true.

But I mean, it's not like the Bills defense is any different though

kiimo fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jan 16, 2024

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Super Bowl on Noggin.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Parallax posted:

well, isn't that a point in my favor? the bills are rostering guys probably worse than that.

and i guess that's the better way to explain what i'm thinking. the chiefs just beat a team with a great offense and a massively debilitated defense. right now, the bills' offense is...i guess, roughly the same results-wise as the dolphins' and the bills' defense seems even worse than the dolphins'. the chiefs just trounced the dolphins.

hard for me to see how they won't do the same here, but...that's just my $.02.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I'm sure we're only 4 or 5 years until the AFCCG or NFCCG is a streaming exclusive. Super Bowl will follow that.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
The Chiefs have mostly been beating themselves in their losses with turnovers and dropped passes. Last week, no interceptions and people actually caught the ball. They can beat anybody if that happens, but will it? Nobody knows. Excited for another Bills thriller and hoping to crush their dreams again. The Chiefs certainly don’t have a team that can score in 0:13 right now.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

and yea, the nfl streaming games thing is about to get worse. saturday's game was literally the most streamed live-event in history. if you don't think the nfl and the streamers see that as huge potential, then you're in for a rude awakening two/three years from now.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

all games can be streaming if you watch illegal streams :filez:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I cam see the Bills having a melt, I can also see them jumping out to an early lead and just turning the screws too.

Either way it's going to take a herculean effort from the one guy who is capable of it, if anyone is from mahomes. Can't wait for this game.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ort posted:

The Chiefs have mostly been beating themselves in their losses with turnovers and dropped passes. Last week, no interceptions and people actually caught the ball. They can beat anybody if that happens, but will it? Nobody knows. Excited for another Bills thriller and hoping to crush their dreams again. The Chiefs certainly don’t have a team that can score in 0:13 right now.

Right the biggest change this season is we aren't looking at any matchup and going it's fine we have Mahomes.

and like, after this season I have to feel like the dropped passes are partially his fault. He routinely makes miracle throws that might just be kind of hard to catch. As opposed to a Stroud who makes it easy on his receivers.

We should have signed Nuk.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

abelwingnut posted:

well, isn't that a point in my favor? the bills are rostering guys probably worse than that.

and i guess that's the better way to explain what i'm thinking. the chiefs just beat a team with a great offense and a massively debilitated defense. right now, the bills' offense is...i guess, roughly the same results-wise as the dolphins' and the bills' defense seems even worse than the dolphins'. the chiefs just trounced the dolphins.

hard for me to see how they won't do the same here, but...that's just my $.02.

further bad news about that offense, how it played it the last couple weeks, and how injured it also was

i think it'll be a close game but there's not much about beating that dolphins team you should feel reflects on how they'll do against buffalo. miami doesn't have any equivalent of josh allen for one

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe
Go the Houston Texans. Please don't end our season with letting CJ get murdered by the Ravens.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

abelwingnut posted:

and yea, the nfl streaming games thing is about to get worse. saturday's game was literally the most streamed live-event in history. if you don't think the nfl and the streamers see that as huge potential, then you're in for a rude awakening two/three years from now.

Dolphins/Chiefs had like 27 million viewers. Packers/Cowboys had nearly 50 million. It's got a way to go

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Super Bowl on Nickelodeon.

Oh, wait.

kiimo posted:

We should have signed Nuk.

Thanks for not doing that.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Parallax posted:

i think it'll be a close game but there's not much about beating that dolphins team you should feel reflects on how they'll do against buffalo. miami doesn't have any equivalent of josh allen for one
to add on, Miami was pretty bad on the road, pretty bad for the last few weeks of the regular season, pretty bad against playoff teams, and pretty bad in cold weather, Buffalo is sort of the opposite on a couple of those and gets to play at home.

However, they are like the Dolphins in that they (like all AFC teams) are capable of losing to anyone.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I'm sure we're only 4 or 5 years until the AFCCG or NFCCG is a streaming exclusive. Super Bowl will follow that.

I think there is a limit to how far they will be able to go with it. I remember people 20 years ago saying the SB was going to be on PPV and I don't think that will ever happen.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

All Panthers games exclusively streamed on Shudder

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The final event of AGDQ 2034 is a speed run of Super Bowl 68.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Imagine Joe Buck thanking you for the 100 bit donation.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Ort posted:

Super Bowl on Noggin.

There’d be worse things…

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

imagining a sicko who torrents the Super Bowl right after it's done and that's how he watches. sick!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

MJeff posted:

Imagine Joe Buck thanking you for the 100 bit donation.

Joe Buck show me a bipple

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Allen is Vegeta and Mahomes is Goku.

Case closed.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Allen is Vegeta and Mahomes is Goku.

Case closed.

You switched it.

Allen is the one who runs headfirst into defenders with little regard for his own safety. That's pretty Goku

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

epic bacon posted:

imagining a sicko who torrents the Super Bowl right after it's done and that's how he watches. sick!

that is literally how i have to watch like 30-50% of the packer games these days

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Super Bowl on Twitch with the ability to pay :10bux: to have Chris Collinsworth go :nomnom:.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Mahomes isn't Goku or Vegeta, he has too much natural talent to be Goku and too much success to be Vegeta.

And Josh Allen is just Broly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

MJeff posted:

Mahomes isn't Goku or Vegeta, he has too much natural talent to be Goku and too much success to be Vegeta.

And Josh Allen is just Broly.

Mahomes is definitely Broly in that he's a whiny loving baby