Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

Well he should be aiming for their hands not their facemasks :colbert:

I mean, he has tried that too a few times this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ort posted:

I think I’d take humiliating the Bills in the playoffs for the next 10 years over another super bowl win, there’s something wrong with me.

The Bills/Chiefs rivalry is something that should not exist but somehow they ended up playing each other almost every year (going back to way before Mahomes) and every game was just pain for one side or the other.

It happening in the playoffs is a relatively new thing by comparison.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Thoughts on RG3. Running aside after the injury (and he could still scoot, just maybe not as much) he just stopped trusting his eyes or his ability to read coverage.

There's that photo pointing out 5 open receivers and he ends up throwing the ball away on the the play, that poo poo wasn't happening his rookie year, he'd just rip it. There was also the whole trying/demanding to become a pocket passer thing post injury--I don't think because he could not move, but because he thought it was better for his career--and that forced a whole deal with Shanahan who loved his roll outs at the very least fighting with Snyder who was all on board with RG3.

It was a weird time, there were a lot of things that went into him not working out.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

Chalk me up with the non-believers of RG3 I never thought he was NFL quality and ran right into contact a lot on his own, too.

I think he had a chance to be a better passer than he was if he didn't go a little insane. But yeah he was always a straight line runner I thought.

You knew where he was going if you could get there first. He didn't have the shiftiness of Lamar or Vick, and he didn't have the size to not care about it like Cam for a while and Josh Allen now. Just top speed and unwillingness to do things that might save him a hit.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Coaaab posted:

has the nfl championship/super bowl ever featured the same two teams as in the opening game of the season?

Hadn't thought of this possibility. Also it's so weird that the Chiefs and Lions were the opening game. The Lions are a great story but they weren't really before this season happened.

That game worked out for most of you, although not for me.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Stroud is a goddamned capital P Problem, but I don't know if he's enough of a problem yet for this year's Ravens team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

sharknado slashfic posted:

Ravens just have to get through the Chiefs for the championship, as God has willed it

I ain't chalking up no win over here tomorrow just yet.

God the Bills and Chiefs are both just so crummy in a lot of ways and also can beat anyone if things go well on any day. Both frustrating and sometimes amazing in their own particular ways.