Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
This is making headlines in the UK today:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/rugby-star-louis-rees-zammit-enters-nfls-international-player-pathway-program

quote:

Louis Rees-Zammit, a 22-year-old Welsh rugby player who was viewed as having a very bright future in that sport, has instead decided to try to make it in the NFL.

Rees-Zammit announced today that he is joining the NFL’s international player pathway program, which gives promising athletes training in American football with the involvement of NFL scouts. After the 10-week program, Rees-Zammit will be eligible for the 2024 NFL draft, and if he’s not drafted he can sign as an undrafted free agent.

He’s a talented player, and pretty young, but surely no team is gonna spend a draft pick or a roster place on this instead of a college player with similar attributes who, you know, actually knows how to play the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Worked for Jordan Mailota

Yeah but I assume Rees-Zammit will try to be a receiver or a running back a la Christian Wade, who was pretty good at “here’s the ball, run that way” but not much else.

He’ll have a higher ceiling than Wade, but I’m skeptical a skills position player can get over the crazy steep learning curve of not having played the game until your twenties.

Every punter should be an Aussie Rules player though. That I can get behind.