Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

abelwingnut posted:

well, this version of the bills defense is not the version from three/two/one month(s) ago. i don't think you can look at any sort of ranking based on this season's stats. again, they're massively injured across the board right now and couldn't stop the steelers yesterday. it does not look good.

meanwhile, the chiefs seemed to figure out their offense this past weekend, in conditions that were far worse than what buffalo's forecasted will be. if mahomes can now trust rice, that opens all sorts of doors. pacheco has been fantastic as well.

i mean, yea, i get allen can go unstoppable at any point, but that doesn't fix the defense. and the chiefs looked good.

yeah all it took was playing a defense featuring eli apple and a bunch of guys who got signed four days earlier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

abelwingnut posted:

well, isn't that a point in my favor? the bills are rostering guys probably worse than that.

and i guess that's the better way to explain what i'm thinking. the chiefs just beat a team with a great offense and a massively debilitated defense. right now, the bills' offense is...i guess, roughly the same results-wise as the dolphins' and the bills' defense seems even worse than the dolphins'. the chiefs just trounced the dolphins.

hard for me to see how they won't do the same here, but...that's just my $.02.

further bad news about that offense, how it played it the last couple weeks, and how injured it also was

i think it'll be a close game but there's not much about beating that dolphins team you should feel reflects on how they'll do against buffalo. miami doesn't have any equivalent of josh allen for one

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

AndrewP posted:

I didn't realize Miami's recent playoff history was so dire

think this chart emphasizes how we've had so many middling seasons (e.g. 8-8) where we miss the playoffs and few disaster seasons. like we have one more playoff appearance than washington in that timespan, despite having won 30-40? more games than them

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

AndrewP posted:

yeah I've never put Miami in the same "bucket" as the truly dire teams because they tend to win game and sometimes make the playoffs. but never truly "scary" I guess. I thought this year might be the year, but the big scary 70 point-laying monster got whittled down until it wasn't very scary at all

doesn't help being in the same division as brady and then as soon as he's gone josh allen becomes a thing. they haven't been able to win the division since the one year tom brady went down in the opener (and the patriots still won 11 games)

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

i swear if the bills don't exorcise the most annoying team in the league from the playoffs i am going to call josh allen mean names