Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Lustful Man Hugs posted:

Wait, how did that last part do anything? If a group of ships had the energy potential to push something into a planet, wouldn't they inherently have the ability to do as much damage to a planet by crashing into it themselves?

The Blackstone Fortress is a special super weapon so it probably had some secondary effect beyond the physical impact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Revengeful Spirit and Foreshadowing of Doom.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Space Hulk Coast to Coast.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Minor correction, that Space Marine ship should be named the Revengeful Spirit. Don't want people thinking Zeke's flagship is showing up.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Which factions do have campaigns?

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Tyranids? The Orks and Tau don’t have any special reason to be there so them not having a campaign makes sense, but the Eldar were an important part of the 13th Black Crusade’s narrative. Which factions had campaigns in the first game?

White Coke
May 29, 2015
You don't get Space Marines? They had a chart about asking Space Marines to help in the core rulebook. Before they even had rules for unique Space Marine ships.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

V. Illych L. posted:

imperium can do space marines, admech and imperial navy (in 2).

Is there any way for the Imperium to get Chaos ships and vice versa? The Bastion Fleets list, which represents Cadia and other sectors around the Eye of Terror, has rules that let you pick a few typically Chaos vessels to represent the decommissioned reserves they have lying around for the next Black Crusade, while Chaos can get some Imperial ships to represent the fact that potentially any Imperial Navy vessel can turn traitor even if some are more predisposed to it.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
I hope they have playable Gloriana-class ships in this. They went through the trouble of making the Vengeful Spirit but I want to see how they handle in gameplay instead of cutscenes.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Grey Hunter posted:

In a series of close defeats, I grind down the enemy.
I lost lots of battles in this one, but preserved most of my fleets. That sounds like the Imperial way!

As long as your losses died in heroic last stands/suicidal frontal attacks, then yes.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
How does the games adapt some of the weirder rules that were designed to balance the fleets and add character. For example: Tyranids are so dangerous at boarding they have a special rule called "All is Lost" that allows their enemies to try and blow up their own ships if they're caught in melee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Multiple, simultaneous, and devastating Nova Cannon strikes