Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
did you have more fun writing or hotlinking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

Mondo Wav posted:

Cool! Thanks a lot for reading and for your thoughts!

As to the links, I met with this writer whose work I admire (Daniel Pinchbeck) to get some feedback before I shared the story with a wider audience. He suggested I streamline the narrative and add footnotes a la David Foster Wallace. I decided links would be a more natural way to provide context in an online format. I might still try a version with footnotes instead of links for a more purely literary vibe, but I'm glad you found they provided some worthwhile color and were not just a distraction!
i want to thrown in that i thought they were a large distraction and i think you should've just gone with pinchbeck's direct suggestion--hell, couldn't you have made footnotes and just hyperlinked the specific numbers? i don't mean to dump on what you made here it's good but it wasn't fun to navigate through