Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Durzel posted:

On the flip side experienced players having to carry the newbs because they can’t progress themselves otherwise might be better than experienced players just rushing the objectives and newbs finding themselves completely alone (and shortly thereafter dead). Time will tell I guess.

Yeah but then the experienced players just summon the newbs to them in their respawn drop pods!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

TheMostFrench posted:

- The team shares 20 revives (speculating that this can be altered by mission difficulty and stratagems)

One of my favorite memories was playing on a difficult planet with friends. We were being literally overrun from every direction and we survived by the skin of our teeth just throwing out respawn beacons until one person could get on the ship.

I found the old video, but the PS4 didn't record voice comms :(. Me and my friend were hype af

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ihf8nb5G94

punching in the dpad strategem codes as fast as you can has never been more exciting lol

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Gamerofthegame posted:

I'm kind of surprised they kept DDRing in powers over a radial menu or something.

It's one of the biggest reasons I'm coming back for this game. (Besides cooperatively shooting bugs anyways)

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I had no idea nprotect was still a thing. I feel like the last time I saw this was playing one of those korean MMOs back in the early 2000s.

Game seems pretty fun- one crash so far while changing a helmet. Apparently changing your outfit before starting the first mission is a reproduce-able crash lol. I joined Chickenheart's game at one point so it's pretty fun with multiple people. Hope they fix things.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Gamerofthegame posted:

looks like weapon/cosmetic unlocks are only done by the battlepass system, which has regular but also premium trees as one would expect. which is more an issue because it'll take a bit to get to certain classes of weapons, but eh.

it could be described as a BP but it's a bit more free form than the traditional thing. I think as you earn unlock points or whatever they call them in this game, you pick and choose your rewards. As you unlock more, the next tier becomes available for you to unlock. There is a premium system too but I think it's detached from the free one, and it's basically how they're doing DLC now.

Unlike a traditional BP, I don't see any time limit, I think it's just their DLC pack and you have to unlock things as you earn research points.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Play posted:

I think they already kinda do. There are quite a lot of bad reviews.

It'll survive it though, since apparently the game is fun so they just need to fix some things

Payday 3 had a disaster launch but it still had a playerbase initially. The main difference being that they could not unfuck their game for like a week, and then once it was unfucked, there were bigger problems with the design to fix.

Helldivers 2 is in a much better position than they were so I think the launch reviews will smooth out. The game seems fun right now, so if they can just get the matchmaking and common crashes out, that'll go a long way I think.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
The length of the post-game rewards screen is a bit long but it's nice to have enough time to take a few substantial bites of my sandwich after a long 30 minute mission.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
SES Founding Father of Family Values

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Insert name here posted:

I'm at 11.5h and have collected 290 (+300 from the warbond progression). Have you been looking inside the buried cargo containers that you have to blow open with an explosive? I've found the majority of my credits inside those and my rate drastically picked up once I realized you could open them.

You have to explode those!? damnit I've passed by so many thinking the point of interest was just a couple ammo boxes on the floor

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I love that the PC release has the dualsense haptics properly integrated. It's one of my favorite things about playing games on the PS5.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Ciaphas posted:

how do you get this working btw, they work in Death Stranding but I haven't noticed anything here

I dunno, it just worked for me. I have my controller wired connected though, not sure if that matters.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I like when 3 people load into someone's ship at the same time, clipping through each other as they come out of cryosleep

Helps sell the utter meat factory disposable nature of my enlistment

Sometimes I get spawned behind the cryopods and I'm just stuck there lol

it's not a blocker though- if everyone jumps in the pods, it starts a 30 second timer where it'll force you into a pod as well.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Diephoon posted:

https://i.imgur.com/tb1hn1o.mp4

In other news, I got all my radar upgrades and I am loving perceiving

woah, where is that armor passive from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
The planetary defense missions are much easier in HL2 than the first game. I think being able to see far out in all directions is key here.