Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

WarpedLichen posted:

Did you even get anything for winning in the first game? I vaguely remember a war campaign but I thought progress was just leveling and unlocking stratagems.

If the community finished a campaign you got a cape after your first victory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

TheMostFrench posted:

e: Unlocking the CE-74 Breaker armour from the superstore seems to have given me access to the Railgun? I didn't have it before but now it's listed in my stratagems, normally it unlocks at level 20.

Press the "effects" button when your on a destroyer. It's an effect the dev's turned on so everyone automatically has the rail gun unlocked until they turn it off.

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

Typical Pubbie posted:

How do you stop randoms from joining your game? I'd rather play solo than have some pubbie join and drop anti-personnel mines on an objective.

edit: It's under Gameplay.

You can go into game options on the ship and change matchmaking from public to private.

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

I watched one of those basic ‘10 things newbies should know’ YouTube videos and I felt like an idiot afterwards. Do not empty your mag, leaving a sliver of ammo (ideally 1 bullet) means reloading is so much faster.

This was is Helldivers 1 as well. I think it was a tool tip or something that told you about it.

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

blahz posted:

So I gave this a try and I think this is the different sub-mission. I believe you're thinking of the terminate broadcast one.

This is the mission with the tough building. The destroy rogue research station. For some reason the one building you need to destroy seems to be affected by the default orbital strike or a hellbomb. Maybe my 500kg was misplaced, but it didn't seem to do anything. If there's a way to destroy this with the autocannon or others, that would be amazing for long range. -

I think this building can bug out at times, had a game where we tried strategems and a hellbomb but it stayed standing. Different game a single hellbomb took it out.

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

Schnitzler posted:

Random matchmaking has been turned off/not working the whole weekend. A side effect of their servers being utterly overwhelmed.

It's seems to be somewhat working, kept getting random people joining in on my missions and ship.

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

Fishstick posted:

Did HD1 have any ways of repairing vehicles? I read they were usually one-use so if you got em killed that was it for the duration of the mission, but idk if there were any ways of re-arming or patching up vehicles?

The REP 80 can heal players, sentry's and vehicles.

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

deep dish peat moss posted:

They've always been in, they have a jetpack but I think maybe they only use it to jump at you on 7+ because I've been doing level 5 bot missions today and haven't seen any fly.

e: They are probably only on some planets which may explain why they're new to you. Usually the enemy variants (like green artillery bugs instead of yellow spitter bugs) are only on certain planets.

I've been on level 3's and had them fly next to me, usually just as they are shot and explode.

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy
Is Troost unavailable for anyone else? I had this same issue with an order last week with a bug mission where the planet it chose was at 0% liberated and unavailable. The only planet I can select in that sector is Vandalon IV.

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

GaylordButts posted:

We'll have to liberate Vandalon IV first to get to Troost.

Mazerunner posted:

the planets are connected by invisible 'supply lines' that are sometimes not intuitive, which dictates what new planets get unlocked once something is liberated

the major orders have placed targets that are not currently available- we have to liberate other planets first to reach them. So even though this order's target is Troost, we need Vandalon (and actually needed to take Ustotu as well)

If you're not sure, just look at the number of players and go with that.

Guess I'm used to these planets already being available. Thank you.

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

Infinite Karma posted:

If fire tornadoes killed enemies half as effectively as they kill us, I'd never leave.

We were heading to evac and passed a POI. Saw a fire tornado in the middle of some bot grunts and they were just enjoying the heat, while the tornado was just doing it's thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

Phenotype posted:

I played a round with a hacker the other day, it wasn't immediately apparent because I was split off from him for a while, but he had the same infinite grenade glitch and apparently an unreleased mech strategem. He called down a bunch of em during extraction and I tried one out. Instead of the rockets/chain gun it had, I dunno, maybe an autocannon sorta thing on each arm? Single shooter with 75 shots each that killed almost anything I shot in one hit, although I don't think we got any heavies at the end to try it on.

The mech sounds similar to the obsidian from 1. https://helldivers.fandom.com/wiki/EXO-48_Obsidian_Exosuit.