Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

This game would be better if your support weapon and backpack didn’t take up a stratagem slot. or if they were combined into one. I’d like to be able to take more than 2 blow poo poo up on demand strats.

it'd trivialize most difficulties if you had 5 strategems. you can do 4 blow-upy ones RN if you have a buddy who can stay alive for long enough to let you mooch off their spawn cycles they aren't using for stuff, and by grabbing map-spawned specials.

it's a good time scrounging IMO, you don't fall into habits and you get more diverse experiences. the break-action shotty is v fun too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

Triarii posted:

I want to like the slugger but it's the most finicky gun to hit things with sometimes

https://i.imgur.com/OL1dsBJ.mp4

No I will not ADS

wait a tad bit longer between shots; you're missing because it's still kicking, even though the reticle is starting to settle.

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

Legit Businessman posted:

I have a great map seed that generates 70 credits and ~12 medals a run with a group of 4 in about 80 seconds. Over the last few days off and on with people I made about 3.5k credits and 600 medals. I'm sure they are going to have to do something about this.

what is even the incentive to do this lol, there's not that much stuff to unlock and the game just throws money at you naturally.

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

Gorelab posted:

Not gonna lie, I kinda hate the quasar on bugs. With bots it's a lot easier to find three second to charge it compared to having a charger running right at your face.

if you have a charger running at your face, just charge the quasar and blow the charger's head off. the quasar is absolutely incredible against bugs, you can just delete chargers at will.

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

WarpedLichen posted:

This makes no sense to me and I love EATs.

When poo poo isn't under control you're still stuck waiting for EATs to drop or your path to your last drop has been cut off by a patrol, or a bile Titan is spitting on your pod, or whack geometry has your EAT call down bounce to the wrong side of a cliff or you stuck a charger with the call down and he's taking the pod off to la la land or ...

There are a host of potential issues with EATs being a deployable that don't exist with the Quasar. EATs are better sometimes and Quasars are better in others, but there are plenty of ways for a situation to get out of control with EATs.

yeah people are way overstating how hard it is to charge the quasar, even on bug helldives you have plenty of time to get shots off. even if there's a swarm of little nerds, your primary/a nade/airstrike behind you as you run will clear enough to get a quasar shot off.