Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

turn off the TV posted:

here's the list of datamined stuff that the tweet is referencing. missing the super earth army squad you can call in i think unless that's what frv means

frv as fast response vehicle? Little bike/dune buggy with an mg :pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Tom Tucker posted:

I like the look of the gold and black fancy armor and the 50% chance to not die has saved me about 50% of the time which is pretty huge.

judge dredd rear end looking motherfucker

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

The reinforce strat is great against chargers. Mark them with q, call in your buddy at them, let them do the rest.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Has to be a mistake, it says it's until march 8th.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

y'know what

the EAT kicks rear end. eat poo poo chargers

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Is it normal to not be able to see a thing when it's night and street lights are involved? I end up shooting them out half the time.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

sorry but i'm at the limit of things starting with A and ending in -ism so has to be something else

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

It was a privilege and an honour to bully a titan with 3 orbital lasers, absolute thing of beauty :patriot:

the fucker survived

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Oneiros posted:

lv4 "challenging" is my floor but it is kinda fun dropping into super low level stuff. did you know there's an actual flag raising mission?

Yeah 4 is where I like to chill, but it can swingy. Got quickmatched into the creek at 4, first mission was a bit of a snooze, second mission was utterly insane. Bots everywhere, hulks, a tank. Also I see why people are going on about the creek, fighting the automatons in the jungle was so much fun.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Time for some quality gaming journalism on new stratagems appearing stealthily in the wild.

quote:

Although it seems like there may not be much rhyme or reason as to why these new stratagems are suddenly appearing, it does make sense when reminded that Helldivers 2 has a Game Master who oversees how the overall battle is played. Although nothing by Arrowhead Game Studios has been officially confirmed, it may be a safe assumption to assume that the Game Master is potentially teasing new stratagems before releasing them to the entire player base.

The sole gm is beta testing unreleased strategems. :hmmyes:

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Janissary Hop posted:

Just started a mission by dialing in an eagle airstrike by muscle memory instead of my support weapon. I hope the people I was with realized I am merely severely mentally disabled and not actively trolling.

Scramble is a very fun modifier.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Threw an eagle airstrike into the objective while the host was circling off to the side. Naturally, they change direction and run to the center. God it was beautiful watching the bombs march towards them, last one nailing them perfectly. Immediately kicked. :allears:

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Darth Walrus posted:

Tip for new divers - try to grab an autocannon as soon as you can. The handling sucks, so you'll want to crouch down for decent accuracy, and the blast radius is large enough that using it against enemies in melee range is suicide, but everything else is fantastic. It'll contribute solidly against every enemy type in the game, can destroy both bot and bug spawning buildings, the ammo per magazine is generous, the reload isn't even that slow when you're self-loading, and the backpack contains an obscene amount of extra ammo. It's just a really nice all-rounder support weapon to deal with anything your primary won't mow down.

Auto cannon is love, autocannon is life. Also reload after you've shot five times but before you're fully out, it skips the cocking animation and is lightning fast.

Rectal Death Alert posted:

that drumstick shaped grey rock with silver lightning patterns on it

Some planets like that rocky bug planet with red scrub brush you can almost see it from across the entire map. It's hard to spot in the forested and foggy maps.

There's also a more gooey version of this, but that's the shape. It appears on lower difficulties too, just without samples, so you can go and gawk at them. I think there's two to a map, on 7/8 only one of them has super samples, on hell dive both do.

e: the auto cannon turret is loving amazing btw.

Eediot Jedi fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Mar 4, 2024

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

why didn't anyone tell me if you bind sprint to push instead of hold, you can sprint with the map open

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

I hated the rail gun right up until I realized I can treat it like a hip-fire snipers of old. Can't bring myself to use a shield with it though.

Q-sixtysix posted:

I absolutely can't get my mic working. Razer Blackshark Pro 2, it's working in other applications and I see the indicator in game when I talk, but no one can hear me. It's driving me nuts.

Is it set as default communication device?

In windows 11, System -> Sound -> Input -> (your device) -> set as default device -> also for communication

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

the unabonger posted:

People are constantly throwing themselves in the path of my arc thrower for some reason.

Ride the lightning

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Turin Turambar posted:

Man, I still have to level up my skills. In no way dif 7 is 'pretty chill' for me lol.

Some missions are off the wall nuts, even with good teams. Some are a snooze. IDK.

Welp that's my gun for the next million years. Love to be the tryhard machine gunner proning on every rock for COVERING FIRE

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Worf posted:

the stalwart shjould just be a baseline weapon imo

It was in hell divers 1, dunno why they did it dirty by making it a call in here.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The arc thrower gets big points for essentially being a primary that's able to take on a charger 1v1 (slowly, but you don't really have to aim) while still efficiently dealing with medium bugs.

Arc Thrower/Rover/2 orbitals or airstrikes has been a pretty reliable load out for high level bug missions for me

Ever have the arc fire shoot but nothing happens? Fully charged shots just vanish into the ether, it seems to happen much more often when I'm above the target.

DkHelmet posted:

I'm loving baffled by how missions go sideways. Tonight I was playing with a buddy on 4, and in all three missions we hit a spot where it was patrol after patrol after patrol coming at us with no way to stop it. Ended up counting 5 chargers and a bile titan and their associated friends and family and just giving up after exhausting all of our strategems. Not dawdling or anything, not going out of our way to pick fights, but just on the way to the primary.

What the hell causes this in the game AI? I've been trying to figure it out and read online that it's not closing enough holes beforehand, closing too many, taking too long, moving too quickly, certain planets are just turbofucked, certain times of day are turbofucked, or it's just a RNG and you're turbofucked.

It's the one aspect of this game that really just makes it unfun as hell. It's impossible to handle or run away from.

I think maps have points on the edge where patrols can enter, if you have an objective near one of these points it's rough. It's also slow boiling a frog. Ah well, we can kill this one patrol and the adds. Oh another patrol. Oh another patrol and more adds. Oh boy another. hooray.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

"The existence of high casualty missions implies the existence of low casualty missions, and we can take some solace in that."

lmao

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

https://i.imgur.com/tv9tdh7.mp4

I didn't realize this was intentional until the replay. t:mad:

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Infinitum posted:

The Four Sectors lived in harmony, then everything changed when Super Earth liberated.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Darox posted:

All I can tell from this is “don’t use first person and let the game give you the RNG free kill instead” and “shoot it from the side instead of dead on”

I feel like I should've gotten a sick one/two shot kill from random chance by now. Looking back at footage, I can see clear misses or hitting armour at times, but I can also see shots that look like it hits one of the many zones people swear by.

I see complaints that bile titans are incredible easy if the host is on a PS5, but if the host is on PC they're super tough, or that bugs hit harder on PS5, but then other people contradict that. All I know is I will keep on kiting then freedom bombing titans when it's off cooldown.

e: one time it looked like my AC turret two-shot a titan as it was climbing out of the hole, and I was like drat bro way to show me up

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Kly posted:

are the dailies the same for everyone? i had a kill 100 guys with eagle strafing run and its really bad. drop it in a pile of bugs and it killed 8

I like it more against bots, they tend to line up on the way in and it can remove devastators quickly. I use it a lot for POI clearing too.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

causticBeet posted:

Did HD1 ever have missions with mixed factions?

Nope, never mixed. (sorry forgot to hit post)

whoever said the game spawns enemies when you look away is full of poo poo.
https://i.imgur.com/VLELViS.mp4

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Droxis posted:

Just picked this up and playing around in difficulty 4 missions to learn the ropes. Boy howdy stalkers can go choke on the fat part of my dick.

One of my favourite moments was scanning the immediate area, seeing it was completely clear, checking the map for a sec, but as it closes I register the big red dot moving up behind me.

masteen posted:

I've played over a dozen 7+ missions over the past 3 days, and I haven't even seen the lightning butt plug. The new hotness for Rando Calrissian this week is trying to clear every minor objective VERY SLOWLY and then getting wiped on the run to the evac because no Space Gunz.

Just hit the bricks. Pick a selfish solo loadout and roam. Haven't had anyone care that I'm hitting up sides or going for samples. If they trigger an alert, go clear an objective out while the alarm is on cooldown.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

atelier morgan posted:

railgun still breaks charger leg armor but only if set to unsafe and overcharged, and usually three shots instead of two

buffed flamethrower seems to kill them pretty quickly now

The flamethrower could already kill them very quickly if you focused on one limb. Now the flame thrower's DOT improving makes it better spraying down hordes and bolting.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

I cannot believe the laser cannon can't just sweep the lil bug sentries off the field. It pops the little green spitters instantly and can pop bile spitter heads decently fast. Saw people saying it could penetrate and take the legs off chargers, but could not pen anything but the weak spots on a docile charger. I think they had the charging animation bug helping them out. Using it on a cold planet, it still couldn't fire long enough to make a dent in a bug breach though, so arc thrower/flamer it is.

Turin Turambar posted:

People really want to play CoD uh, where you kill everything fast and everything kills you fast too.

I'm at work, so it will be nice if someone who is playing comment this:

Planetary Hazards active
Many planets now have additional environmental challenges that will appear at random while you are deployed, from fire tornadoes to meteor showers and many more.

People don't want to be dependent on their team in a game that's trying to require actual team work to succeed. They don't want I am weak but we are strong, they want I am strong but we are invincible.

Meteor showers are a bit bleh. It gives you a periodical warning about incoming, and it's like the map is getting peppered with a lot of small aoe grenades at random. If you look straight up you can see a twinkle before impact, but if you're not looking up you're in God's hands. The shield bubble might be a good counter, but I didn't think to bring it.

Also why did I never think about testing the deployable shield generator with mortars before now.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Dinosaurs! posted:

The railgun felt appropriately powerful for needing to wait until level 20 to unlock. I feel like the bigger need, for bugs at least, was to do something about chargers. I play on PS5 and there’s no way I’m able to aim for the 10mm of exposed skin at its leg joint like that one goon was talking about a couple days ago. Getting headshots on bots is also not a given. I appreciate the PC players who can, but a lot of these changes feel like the result of crossplay discrepancies.

I can only take one primary gun. Buff those to make more of them appealing.

With the rail gun you just straight up shot the armoured plate of the leg, not the joint, and it popped off after two hits revealing their tender drumstick. Now you have to use unsafe mode and charge your shot.

turn off the TV posted:

i don't know. the first one i fought with it died really quickly and then the second one took three full charges and killed me four times before i gave up and called in a mininuke

There's a bug where after some charge animations, for a brief period, their leg armour doesn't work and any shot goes straight through. I tried the laser cannon on a stuck charger and it bounced off all the plates.

E: chargers need to have their ice skating fixed and how they can do 180s near instantly.

Eediot Jedi fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Mar 6, 2024

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

https://i.imgur.com/lN1RuZa.mp4

Post patch thoughts are railgun is fine, I've been underrating the recoilless, the fortress shield does not stand up to any barrages. :( I didn't realise it can actually go down and recharge. TBH with it going down and recharging, the thing should last longer.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Dandywalken posted:

lol each time I tried the flamethrower, hunters lept at me engulfed and took me down.

Give it CC/stagger, says I!!!

*chanting* EMS, EMS, EMS!

E: chargers seem to just skate through EMS sometimes, good poo poo

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

kaxman posted:

Ah this makes so much more sense, and is also IMO really stupid.

Not a huge fan of it either, but it's so you can't do math for how many hits you can reliably tank.

Anyone else seeing a trend in arc/flamer mains going to 1v1 every charger they see?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Risky Bisquick posted:

I tried a couple games with the railgun, the gun is no longer the king it once was. It doesn't strip armour reliably, it doesn't headshot reliably, so you're left whiffing shots being chased like you're on difficulty 4.

:rip: the dream boys, rip the dream

Spend a bit more time with it to get used to overcharging. It can still put in a lot of work, it's just a bit harder than it was before.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Risky Bisquick posted:

:thunk: It absolutely does not put in the work it did before

Lucky for me I said it puts in work, not that it's the same as before.

I was wondering how you were getting on after the patch though.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

jokes posted:

So I want to have a red X when I hit a motherfucker right? That means I'm hitting a headshot/soft spot/etc?

Red x means your gun is penetrating and doing full damage. White x is reduced damage but still penetrating.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Night10194 posted:

We saw a detector tower that was making our lives hell get blown up by a meteor, that was hilarious.

We couldn't blow up a research station, none of us could call in the bomb, but luckily the meteors saved the day.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Triarii posted:

I just tried out the jetpack and I can't dive and then activate it in midair? What's this bullshit

dolphin divebombing

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Sindai posted:

I've heard it's weirder than that: A PS5 player can't quick railgun titans themselves unless there's a second PS5 player in the group.

A second playstation has hit the titan

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Ciaphas posted:

(e) this is on 4 or 5 difficulty lest anyone take this as sage advice lol

tbf todays 5 feels like yesterdays 8 at times.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Oh, that is why arc mains beeline for chargers. If you see an arc thrower going for that charger, get out of there, you're not helping by being nearby or drawing aggro (assuming they are competent).

Arc thrower is actually insane against bugs. Only brood commanders survive long enough to alert, so they get the slugger from a distance, then it's arcing time. I saw a leak that there is upcoming armours with 95% resist to arc thrower damage, as well as a one shot grenade launcher pistol with ~8 rounds total for hives. :getin:

e: it's surprisingly good against bots too, it usually clears up the chaff before they can alert, about the only common enemy it sucks against is the strider.

Eediot Jedi fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Mar 9, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

turn off the TV posted:

personally i think that there's a difference between whining about balance and whining about specific devs or discord mods not being fired

The discord mod should've been demodded (and was). They were a dick for literally no reason. You don't want someone whose default and only mode is to piss in your players' faces.